Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > PTO Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO Lounge Come in... put your feet up and relax... talk about anything non-prison related! Hobbies, Books, Technical and Do it Yourself, Travel and more.

Old 08-15-2018, 07:01 PM
Donation Award 

Since he's been gone I have done the maintenance on the cars, googled my way through how to run his two companies, hired plumbers and electricians and handymen to fix things around the house, but I did fix the toilet by myself. The toilet kept running and water kept running out. I put a balloon weight that looks like a happy face over where the water was coming out....No more water issue. I have no idea how it stopped it but frankly I don't care, LOL! I have slowly began to find myself and somehow I will keep figuring out what to do next
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beachgypsy For This Useful Post:
mg81 (08-26-2018), xolady (08-15-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2018, 06:14 AM

Thanked 5,815 Times in 3,037 Posts

Just heard my Older Sister has breast cancer this by far the worst news, I'd take it if I could I can't even think what to do or how to act. This is what I needed my husband for he was my rock, he too was lost to cancer!!! Fuck my car house or things that can be replaced. So sorry I don't know what to do it's to fresh and can't focus on shit right now.
Old 08-18-2018, 06:50 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,120 Times in 14,205 Posts

xolady........Im sorry to hear your sister is ill.
I am hoping she can be treated and it will be successful. Its not easy to go thru cancer treatment but I do know several people who did, and are cancer free now.
I know this is very scary for you.

(((((((hugs))))))

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
mg81 (08-26-2018), xolady (08-19-2018)
Old 08-19-2018, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
xolady........Im sorry to hear your sister is ill.
I am hoping she can be treated and it will be successful. Its not easy to go thru cancer treatment but I do know several people who did, and are cancer free now.
I know this is very scary for you.

(((((((hugs))))))
It's weird she didn't even want to tell me as I've lost just about everyone who has ever really mattered. Parents, fiance, husband and quite a few friends. She was more afraid of how I'd react. Still am in shock just want my sister to be okay and this all to just go away!!
Like I said all the other stuff is just stuff it can all be fixed or replaced the one thing I've learned is you can't replace people.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
choclgs (08-19-2018), mg81 (08-26-2018), sidewalker (08-19-2018)
Old 08-19-2018, 07:30 AM
Полезный дурак

Xolady,

I am so very saddened to read of your sister’s breast cancer. What horrible, horrible news for you to have to hear and process. Here is all my hope that it was caught early enough that it is treatable. It may mean nothing but here is a hug from afar. Cancer can go piss up a rope!!!

I don’t know what it’s like to have cancer but, I know what it was like to be on life support and later, my life - saving surgery possible only from generosity of a grieving family. You are absolutely right that issues with our houses / cars / things don’t matter much in the big picture. It’s our people, our loved ones, that are most. And in these situations, it’s what we need most. Sending warm thoughts.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ne Plach’ For This Useful Post:
choclgs (08-19-2018), mg81 (08-26-2018), Sunnielg (08-19-2018), xolady (08-20-2018)
Old 08-19-2018, 09:55 AM
Carolina traveler

Thanked 3,284 Times in 2,323 Posts

I've felt like I've been on a never ending roller coaster ride...from my mother's Alzheimer's diagnosis and progression, my father being diagnosed and later dying of prostate cancer, and dealing with everything else life throws at you in between. Music and prayer have kept me sane because there's no longer anyone I feel I can depend on when they're needed. Most recently, Momma had a medical emergency and again it was me who had to manage it all. I had no energy to make pleas or try to reason with anyone why sometimes you have to make a sacrifice for family because that's what comes first...in the end.

I've learned to take it all each minute at a time, that's how I remain in balance.
mg81 (08-26-2018), Ne Plach’ (08-20-2018), sidewalker (08-20-2018), xolady (08-20-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 06:11 AM

It feels like it never ends, I have my own issues which stress makes 1000 times worse!! Waiting for Dr's office to open so I can get my stuff done now so I can go to help my sister.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
choclgs (08-20-2018), mg81 (08-26-2018), Ne Plach’ (08-20-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 06:47 AM
Полезный дурак

* hugs *

Yes, exactly, it never ends.

This last year broke me badly. In a nutshell, this has been my last year since his arrest.

Had to have day - surgery, visits to that stupid jail between stupid dialysis, went back to Bosnia to clean out / sell family home, 2 hours bus ride to Sarajevo for dialysis and back, he got bailed out, engagement, grandmother died, another day surgery, make tx list, tx, stay close to hospital [away from home], case gets moving faster, family from overseas, wedding, caring for my mother who is mentally broken right now too, have medical procedure, now sentencing...

Next medical procedure, he won’t be home and then I ask, who will manage my mum ?

Last week, it got so bad that I screamed at a stranger over some thing really small...

Never ending .... if it ended, I’d know some thing is really wrong !
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ne Plach’ For This Useful Post:
choclgs (08-20-2018), mg81 (08-26-2018), xolady (08-21-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 07:09 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,651 Times in 1,578 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolady View Post
Just heard my Older Sister has breast cancer this by far the worst news, I'd take it if I could I can't even think what to do or how to act. This is what I needed my husband for he was my rock, he too was lost to cancer!!! Fuck my car house or things that can be replaced. So sorry I don't know what to do it's to fresh and can't focus on shit right now.
So so so sorry! Sending you a big hug from Germany
mg81 (08-26-2018), xolady (08-21-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 08:47 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,255 Times in 1,498 Posts

xolady - sending strength to you....cannot imagine how difficult it is right now
Old 08-26-2018, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolady View Post
xolady, cancer is a word no one wants to hear or be associated with. I am a cancer survivor... 33 years. My mom was a breast cancer survivor. She passed away last December, but not from cancer. I have know a lot of breast cancer survivors. It is not an easy journey. Take one day at a time and learn to enjoy the little things, the individual moments. Sending you a hug, and praying.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mg81 For This Useful Post:
choclgs (08-26-2018), xolady (09-23-2018)
Old 08-26-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tufahije View Post
* hugs *

Yes, exactly, it never ends.

This last year broke me badly. In a nutshell, this has been my last year since his arrest.

Had to have day - surgery, visits to that stupid jail between stupid dialysis, went back to Bosnia to clean out / sell family home, 2 hours bus ride to Sarajevo for dialysis and back, he got bailed out, engagement, grandmother died, another day surgery, make tx list, tx, stay close to hospital [away from home], case gets moving faster, family from overseas, wedding, caring for my mother who is mentally broken right now too, have medical procedure, now sentencing...

Next medical procedure, he won’t be home and then I ask, who will manage my mum ?

Last week, it got so bad that I screamed at a stranger over some thing really small...

Never ending .... if it ended, I’d know some thing is really wrong !
Tufahije, wow, my head is spinning from all of that. I wish I could send you something to make it all better. All I can do is say, I am sorry and I will pray for you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mg81 For This Useful Post:
Ne Plach’ (08-26-2018), xolady (09-23-2018)
Old 08-26-2018, 05:05 PM
Полезный дурак

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg81 View Post
Tufahije, wow, my head is spinning from all of that. I wish I could send you something to make it all better. All I can do is say, I am sorry and I will pray for you.
Thank you for the kindness and prayers. We can offer these in abundance for everyone. Thankfully, many of the major „ headaches ” are over at least for now. Once my husband is at his mother institution, a lot less stress will be lost too! More hurdles will come, I know it, but all we can do is focus on what we can do and move forward, right? May you receive blessings as well!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ne Plach’ For This Useful Post:
xolady (09-23-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 03:00 AM

One of the challenges I encountered this 5 years was when my 2 closed male cousin died due to a motor accident and lung cancer. It's hard for me to believe that they are gone now especially when I remember my childhood memories with them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benjiex For This Useful Post:
choclgs (09-23-2018), xolady (09-23-2018)