Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NORTH CAROLINA > North Carolina Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

North Carolina Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of North Carolina.

Old 02-22-2005, 02:46 AM

Exclamation Anyone know anything about Foothills CI NC

I have a friend transfering from polk to foothills and would like to know if it is an okay place. I believe he will be in closed custody- whatever that means. Anyone have any experiences they might share with me?

Thanks In Advance
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2005, 11:10 PM
Making US stronger!!
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO ..... if you search thru the posts here in the NC forum I am sure you will find something about Foothills.....if not try going to the DOC webpage for NC and pull up the facility you are trying to find out about! Need any help please PM me!!

Kelly
Old 03-09-2005, 11:14 PM
Banned

Welcome to PTO...
Marc was just transferred out of Polk so I know a great deal about that horrible place!!! Maybe I have seen you at visitation sometime...
As far as foothills goes, I have heard about it, but have never had any personal experiences there.
Marc has a co-defendant there, so I doubt he will ever have to go there, but then again, marc is minimum custody and I believe Foothills is a med-close custody camp.
Nightdrmr had some great advice as well...if you search the NC forum for Foothills, maybe something helpful will pop up...
Good luck and if you need anything, PM me...
~Katie
Old 05-07-2005, 07:44 PM

I know a little about Foothills...but it depends on which part you want to know about...if it's the part called High Rise...then it's not too great...my son was there for 2 months 10 years ago...he was in a lockdown cell most of the day...the cells are dry cells meaning they have to depend on guards to let them go to the bathroom across the hall...this is just what i know about the 10th floor...now the other Foothills is a restricted green clothes camp for adult males...they get to go out and work in the community...it is just like most of the other green clothes camps...is there anything in particular you would like to know about Foothills?
I pretend I'm burning bright
...Shinedown
Old 05-08-2005, 05:04 AM
SwanksMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsgal
I have a friend transfering from polk to foothills and would like to know if it is an okay place. I believe he will be in closed custody- whatever that means. Anyone have any experiences they might share with me?

Thanks In Advance
Hello robertsgal, I have a son in Foothills. he's been there for 1 year and is doing ok. It seems to be alright he has'nt been in any big trouble, but did get in a fight the first couple of weeks he arrived. but i suspected that, by him being new. He is staying out of trouble and is in school to get his GED. So as long as he stay away from the trouble makers he'll be ok. Close custody is what my son's in too. It means that he's a felon, because of his crime he has to be under close supervision. There are levels of custody and he's in the most serious one but that does'nt mean it's all bad. That's my understanding of it. Maybe someone can give you a more in dept techinical meaning of it. He'll be fine. Tell him to stay busy.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:05 AM
SwanksMom

Old 01-02-2011, 12:22 PM

Default hey i have been to Foothills CI

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsgal View Post

Thanks In Advance
yes he will be in close custody that is a max prison for STG gang.i is very rough there and there is nothin good about that prison all i can tell is the truth and he better know how to fight really good.i did almost 3years there and it was a living hell for me.how much time does he have?
Old 01-22-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasty4.6cobra View Post
yes he will be in close custody that is a max prison for STG gang.i is very rough there and there is nothin good about that prison all i can tell is the truth and he better know how to fight really good.i did almost 3years there and it was a living hell for me.how much time does he have?
My son is wanting to go to Foothills when he makes honor grade - he's at Piedmont now which is medium security.

The reason he wants Foothills is he has a job lined up for work release in Burke county. He only has 8 months left.

Is Foothills a good camp for him to go to or it is a bad camp? My son is not a troublemaker, not in gangs, just a guy wanting to end his time up close to home and working a job while he's finishing up his time.

Thanks!

Wife to one - my best friend.
Mama to two - one in prison.
Nana to three - one we are raising.
ME - living each day one at a time.

Imprisoned with him.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplejs View Post
My son is wanting to go to Foothills when he makes honor grade - he's at Piedmont now which is medium security.

The reason he wants Foothills is he has a job lined up for work release in Burke county. He only has 8 months left.

Is Foothills a good camp for him to go to or it is a bad camp? My son is not a troublemaker, not in gangs, just a guy wanting to end his time up close to home and working a job while he's finishing up his time.

Thanks!
Hi my friend just got transferred to foothills and he told me before he got transferred they only et two call per month he heard it from one of the inmates. I haven't received a call from him yet and I am guessing since he is in processing he can't make even one all, u just want to know is this true they they only get 2 calls per month? Thanks
Old 03-21-2018, 02:21 PM

My son just went to Foothiils February 14. He has called me and sound calm. He is 17 yrs. old. I worry everyday and plan on seeing him real soon. He says he starts school at the end of the month and will be going upstairs when he turns 18 in the 29th of this month. I miss my son. He will be home in a 1, pray to GOD. My blessings to everyone on here. No one seems to understand how I feel.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:21 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,449 Times in 13,481 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk and to the North Carolina forum. I hope your Son will become comfortable with his situation quickly. He should be OK, so try not to worry too much.
Old 03-30-2018, 02:28 PM

Thank you so much for the invite and my son is adjusting. He says has been moved since he has turned 18 years old. I pray everything goes fine for him. It is challenging because it seems no one understands how I feel. I feel helpless and I worry alot. I am glad I have found this website to reach out to others that understand what I am going through.