Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Oklahoma should be posted here.

Old 08-31-2017, 06:26 PM

Default Violation of probation: Additional jail time, complete probation or what?

I have a question about violation of probation. My son at the time was under 18 and was out on probation he violated that probation due to another criminal offense and since 2014 has been in an Oklahoma prison. Tomorrow he is being transferred to the county where his violation of probation is out of. He is finished with his sentence that he has currently serving but as looking at additional probation as part of the plea that he had entered in 2014. His original sentence on this vop was one year in jail and one year six months probation. He had approximately 8 months left of his probation when he caught a new charge. My question is what is he possibly looking at when he goes back to court on this vop? Additional jail time or to complete his probation or what? He had no deferred sentences or anything like that he did all of the jail time they required and was only on probation. I hope this all makes sense I am new to all of this
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2017, 08:52 PM

Thanked 9,773 Times in 5,511 Posts

Much depends...he could be continued, could possibly be extended if the statutes allow for it or he could be revoked to whatever the term was that is associated with the offense conduct. His attorney can best advise him as to the tenor of the jurisdiction where he pissed away the gift of probation...
Old 08-31-2017, 10:00 PM

Sorry i don't understand exactly what you mean but the crime he commit to violate his probation as already been completed with exception to the prbation attached to it.and the sentence he was originally given was 1 yr jail time 1yr 6 mnths probation, which he completed the 1 yr jail time and the all but approximately 6-8 months of probation before choosing to violate his probation. Im sure we will know more within the next couple weeks if he will be given additional jail time or just be required to finish out the original probation in jail or at home, guess we will find out soon. Thanks