Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:46 PM

Default What should I do? I want divorced so I can get married..

I really could use some advice! I have been trying to end my fifteen years marriage which I started to do over a year ago. My ex left my kids and I, just grabbed his stuff and walked out because I made some new friends on my own and he didnt like it at all. Seriously, just friends. I brought up making everything final, paper wise and now he's acting like he was coming back and that he cares. Then, I am in a relationship with someone who gets me. lol He is my true love and I have NEVER been this in love with a man before. I want to be able to move forward with my life and him. He's sooo good with my kids and my famiy. He is currently in prison. I miss him so much. I just told my ex that I'm with my boyfriend and I don't wanna lose him being a aprt of most of my life. Is that to much to ask? I don't wanna hurt anyone but what do I do??I am to a point in mylife that I'm ok and I'm finding who I am now. What do I do? how do I change things and them be ok????
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2012, 11:22 PM

Thanked 1,865 Times in 892 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoogirlie View Post
I really could use some advice! I have been trying to end my fifteen years marriage which I started to do over a year ago. My ex left my kids and I, just grabbed his stuff and walked out because I made some new friends on my own and he didnt like it at all. Seriously, just friends. I brought up making everything final, paper wise and now he's acting like he was coming back and that he cares. Then, I am in a relationship with someone who gets me. lol He is my true love and I have NEVER been this in love with a man before. I want to be able to move forward with my life and him. He's sooo good with my kids and my famiy. He is currently in prison. I miss him so much. I just told my ex that I'm with my boyfriend and I don't wanna lose him being a aprt of most of my life. Is that to much to ask? I don't wanna hurt anyone but what do I do??I am to a point in mylife that I'm ok and I'm finding who I am now. What do I do? how do I change things and them be ok????
The title you gave your post made it sound like you are rebounding. I suggest you get your divorce over with, before you start thinking about marrying the new guy. I am not saying you should not love and be loved, but I have always felt it is best to end what you already have, before starting anew.

I also believe you should work on why your marriage did not work out and see if there are any character defects that you possess, which helped end your marriage. Meeting new friends should not be a deal breaker for a marriage, I am thinking there was more going on then just you meeting new friends. Something went wrong, communication break-down, either he was feeling unloved, or rejected and thought it would be best to leave you to your new friends.

So, you started seeing this new guy, while still married? Did you give yourself time to heal? I am not judging you at all, so please don't feel as though I am.

I suggest you work on yourself, allow yourself time to heal. It appears that you have jumped into another relationship, before your marriage was resolved.

Last, if your new man loves and cares about you enough, he will WANT you to dissolve your marriage and work on yourself, before committing to him.

I hope you get it all straightened out and find healing and happiness, through it all

Peace~
LeBeau (03-12-2012)