Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:21 AM
2 boys Missing Daddy

Default Jus joined..

hi everyone, i jus discovered this site on a search engine.
My partner is locked up at mo and im at home with our two kids missing him like crazy. Its only been 9 days but feels like a lifetime apart already.
How do you all cope?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2007, 05:42 AM
His*1*and only

Welcome to PTO! We probably get by day by day with believing everything will be ok and knowing we are strong and can handle things. At times it gets hard but it is all worth it in the end. Each day is a step closer to then being at home with you. Just hang in there and be strong and things will be ok.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:23 AM
Forever and a day!

Doing things to help yourself feel good helps too. Pamper yourself, do new things with the kids and write your man about them include pictures so he feels like he was there. Set goals that you want to do before he comes home and keep busy working on them. Work out to relieve stress and keep yourself looking good. Send your man cards to bring a smile to his face. Do anything you can to make your families life better for when he comes home. Come to PTO and vent, cry, laugh and get support from your fellow sisters! Best of luck to you!!!

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly

Old 10-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,876 Times in 2,052 Posts

I just wanted to stop in and say welcome to PTO!!!
Old 10-04-2007, 05:12 PM
He's finally Home!!!!!!

Staff Superstar Winner 

Thanked 5,480 Times in 3,267 Posts

Find little things to look forward to. Even if it's just the weekend. Before you know it that event is here and it's time to start looking forward to something new. You'll be amazed at how fast time goes by. Hang in there.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:48 PM

One day at a time, one hour at a time.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:40 AM

Smile Welcome...

Hello torn and Welcome to PTO! You have found a wonderful place for vast amounts of information and support.

Getting through this troubled times is difficult. Its like a rollercoaster... you will have ups and downs. The first thing you need to remember is to breathe... every once in a while when things seem overwhelming stop for a moment and take a deep breath. Remember that your loved one is "safe" and you know where he is... unlike the wives of our soldiers of the country. Sooo... take things one day at a time. View life as a ladder and climb it one rung after the other... Life is a learning process no matter what our situations... this does not differ. We may not like the things we must endure, but we become smarter and strong for them. It molds us into who we are. At this early stage, you have 1 of 2 options basically (this is what my grandmother told me)... #1- If you feel you can't handle/endure this... leave him now mercifully so that not to hurt anyone involved with empty hopes/dreams. OR #2- stay and be the strong kicka$$ person that we know you can be and be the best for everyone involved. I told her #1 is NOT an option for me, so there ya go... Keep yourself busy while all this goes on, so your mind does not dwell on the negative... I know easy to say- hard as he** to do but it CAN be done. Make a list of priorities and goals during his absence and work on them whole-heartedly. Write him often, and allow yourself to feel. Its similar to a grieving process- there are stages of anger, hate, denial, sadness, etc... crying cleanses the soul so you can be a productive person afterwards. It allows you to grow. Things will get easier as time goes by and as you aquire more knowledge about what goes on...

Take care hun and we are hear to listen, advise, etc... again WELCOME! You couldnt have found a better place to be!
Renee
Old 10-05-2007, 08:52 AM

This site helped me. No judging as everone here understands. For most of us there is an end in sight. My hubby is home and I still come here as I feel a connection with ppl in our NC. forum here on PTO. Family has helped me alot. One day this will be a long forgotton nightmare. Life does come full circle and does return to normal.