Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > Pets & Animal Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pets & Animal Discussions Man of us have furry (or other) loved ones at home with us. Please use this forum to talk about anything and everything relating to them, hobbies relating to them, etc.

View Poll Results: Does your pet sleep with you?
Yes 306 74.63%
No 42 10.24%
Sometimes 62 15.12%
Voters: 410. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2006, 12:55 AM
Banned
Donation Award 

My cat sleeps on her own pillow next to my head, and my dog sleeps in her 'bed' on the floor on the ther side of me. It is very comforting.

My inmate is a frined, who if he stayed with me it would be on the couch so I guess it wouldn't matter!

If he were my bf sleeping in my bed he would have to get used to it.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2006, 04:57 AM
Love Keeps Us Strong

I have a Cat and she sleeps with me, most the time on his pillow..lol

^i^ God gave Woman strength to carry her Man through his faults and fashioned her from his rib to protect her heart ^i^
Old 11-01-2006, 05:40 PM
Everyone Fave GoofBall

I have a mini rat terrier dog and a cat, they will sometimes sleep with me

Old 11-01-2006, 06:28 PM
---------------
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,489 Times in 3,829 Posts

Your babies are BEAUTIFUL !!! Are they Huskies? I have a Husky, but I got her before I got back together with my man. He has allergies and really doesn't like dogs anyways, so I'm trying to get her used to sleeping with my daughter now. If he had his way, she'd be gone when he got home, but he's respecting that my daughter and I love our dog. I will, in return, make him as comfortable as possible and try to keep her out of our room. I don't want to make him sick. I have 2 years to train my Husky not to sleep with me anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlg_0720
They sure to. These are the babies that my husband and I could not have together. since this was both our 2nd time around in a relationship. he has children from his first and i have children from first and i could not have any more children. so in "97" we got Kodee (our little boy) then in "03" we got our little girl Precious. Both of them since the first day we brought them home have slept with our in our bed or on the floor beside us mostly in the bed. now that my hubby is gone it is just a comfort to feel something beside you i love them very much and i know they love me back too. they know when i am sad and they comfort me by wanting me to play with them. i think they are the most beautiful dogs i have seen.

Attachment 44543 Kodee (9 1/2 yrs) the boy lying down and Precous is our girl she will be 4 on chirstmas eve.

I sent the one below to my husband so he would work with the FED'S on gettng a reduce sentencing after all he did he still got 10ys 9 mos them ASSHOLES

Attachment 44544 I was hoping this would want my husband to want to come home to me and the dogs I QUESS HE DIDN'T TRY HARD ENGOUGH
Old 11-03-2006, 03:53 AM

My cat doesn't sleep in my bed. I am sure she would love to as she settles in on the bed every evening and when I go to bed I put her out and close the door. It's her own fault... she bites my toes at 4am to have her breakfast!

Old 11-03-2006, 07:44 AM
mj's wife.....finally

i have two dogs that sleep with me and 2 cats that sleep with me too... the other animals we have sleep with the kids. My man loves animals and says they will be happily accepted when he comes home....we will see...it is like a zoo here....we live way out in the country so we end up with all the strays people dump out here...although they are very protective and would never let anyone close to the house without alerting me....

Old 11-03-2006, 10:30 AM

Yes of course. It's beginning to get cool and what other way to stay warm? Two American Bulldogs, 100 lbs and a fur ball. I am almost tempted to sleep on the couch for room! As soon as he is home, it will all stop and they'll have to start acting like animals again! LOL.
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".
Old 11-03-2006, 09:42 PM
Making US stronger!!
Donation Award 

Well I started reading this thread and thought I would share this STRANGE BUT TRUE STORY -

I had a stray kitten that showed up two days after my loved one was incarcerated the first time - it was a male cat - really little - I started feeding it and it stayed around - well it started coming inside more and more- when it came in it would sniff around the apt and everywhere my loved one had been is where the kitten would sleep. He slept inside his boots, on his clothes that I had piled up to wash near the closet - on his side of the bed - basically picked up MY LOVED ONES SCENT!!! It was FREAKY!!! As the kitten got older he became MORE POSSESSIVE over these items - if he was sleeping in the bed on the side my loved one normally slept on and I tried to move him in the middle of the night - I would get bit!!!! He would GROWL and HISS at me - During the day he would stay outside if I wasnt home - well my loved one came home - and they got ALONG PERFECT - the cat disowned me!!! Would attack me if I TRIED TO PET HIM!!!! He would lay my man's lap and sleep and if I touched him he would growl. Well my man went back to prison a second time - the cat went BEZERK!!!!! He walked around the apt for DAYS sniffing - like he was trying to find him!! He would sit outside and cry (meowing) and would not come inside. Finally one day he came in - I was washing clothes and had just put a clean load of clothes on the bed to be folded up. The cat was in the bedroom sniffing around like he normally did - little did I know he hopped up on the bed and in the middle of the clothes and pp'd all over the clothes!!! He immediately ran for the door wanting out, I had no clue what he had done - I let him out not knowing he had already used the bathroom on the clothes!!!! I came back to find this out. The cat was gone!!!!! TO THIS DAY I HAVE NOT SEEN THE CAT ANYMORE!!!!! I guess he was mad at me - because my man wasnt here anymore.......

I do now have another cat - it also is a stray and he sleeps with me every night and is really protective as well - will growl when my son comes into my room at night or moves around in the hallway in the mornings!!! Better than most dogs!!!! LOL

Kelly
Old 11-03-2006, 11:36 PM
Considers the source...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niightdrmr
Well I started reading this thread and thought I would share this STRANGE BUT TRUE STORY -

I had a stray kitten that showed up two days after my loved one was incarcerated the first time - it was a male cat - really little - I started feeding it and it stayed around - well it started coming inside more and more- when it came in it would sniff around the apt and everywhere my loved one had been is where the kitten would sleep. He slept inside his boots, on his clothes that I had piled up to wash near the closet - on his side of the bed - basically picked up MY LOVED ONES SCENT!!! It was FREAKY!!! As the kitten got older he became MORE POSSESSIVE over these items - if he was sleeping in the bed on the side my loved one normally slept on and I tried to move him in the middle of the night - I would get bit!!!! He would GROWL and HISS at me - During the day he would stay outside if I wasnt home - well my loved one came home - and they got ALONG PERFECT - the cat disowned me!!! Would attack me if I TRIED TO PET HIM!!!! He would lay my man's lap and sleep and if I touched him he would growl. Well my man went back to prison a second time - the cat went BEZERK!!!!! He walked around the apt for DAYS sniffing - like he was trying to find him!! He would sit outside and cry (meowing) and would not come inside. Finally one day he came in - I was washing clothes and had just put a clean load of clothes on the bed to be folded up. The cat was in the bedroom sniffing around like he normally did - little did I know he hopped up on the bed and in the middle of the clothes and pp'd all over the clothes!!! He immediately ran for the door wanting out, I had no clue what he had done - I let him out not knowing he had already used the bathroom on the clothes!!!! I came back to find this out. The cat was gone!!!!! TO THIS DAY I HAVE NOT SEEN THE CAT ANYMORE!!!!! I guess he was mad at me - because my man wasnt here anymore.......

I do now have another cat - it also is a stray and he sleeps with me every night and is really protective as well - will growl when my son comes into my room at night or moves around in the hallway in the mornings!!! Better than most dogs!!!! LOL

Kelly
Ok, Im not sure if Im wrong for laughing at what the cat did...BUT that was hilarious...and strange!... He really must've thought you made your man leave
Old 11-03-2006, 11:37 PM
Considers the source...

I have a dog and now that its colder, shes back to trying to sleep with me...BUT my man has said she has to get her own bed once he comes home....hopefully we'll be able to compromise on this one!!
Old 11-04-2006, 12:12 AM
Faithfully waiting
Donation Award 

I have a cat that my fiance adores. The only cat he has ever liked. She is solid black with green eyes go figure. She drives me crazy. She is always clawing and trying to make "her" bed. I would have soft paws put on her but she goes outside alot. I would lock her out of my room but then she claws on the new sofa. Any suggestions?

Old 11-04-2006, 03:15 PM

every now and again one of my 5 cats will decide to sleep on my bed (although one of them tries to have the whole bed to herself!). I wouldn't allow any of my other pets to though... just think of the mess my chickens, rabbit, chinchillas or guinea pig would make
Old 11-06-2006, 11:44 AM
Banned

Red face

My cat used to sleep on the bed with me or with my son or with my daughter. But since we got the ferret, she prefers to sleep on a chair near the ferret's cage. However, when my daughter is home, she will part from the chair to sometimes sleep on the bed with her. When my husband came home, she virtually stole him from me. My husband is looking forward to rekindling their relationship when he returns, and because she's a little jealous and ain't "been right" since a ferret joined the house, I'm sure she can't wait to rekindle with him. The cat was the house pet but since my son got the ferret, she feels like chopped liver and my husband's heart goes out to her.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:41 PM
loved!

Thanked 1,147 Times in 715 Posts

my cat belle sleeps with me...baby my pit bull doesn't (but she would if she could )!
Old 11-10-2006, 01:51 AM
The Phoenixx Rises

Romeo almost always sleeps with me. Often he sleeps UNDER the covers with me! He doesn't like it when my guy sleeps in the bed too. Then he sleeps in his bed or by the heat vent.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:36 AM
so close yet so far away

both my cat and 2 HUGE dogs sleep with me but about half way though the night my one dog moves to the couch
Old 12-01-2006, 04:56 AM
Closed

I have 3 male cats and Eddie always says he must love me a lot to let me sleep with 3 men every night. LOL
Old 12-02-2006, 11:49 PM
Mi Querido Diamante 21681

I have 5 dogs 2 pits, 1 rott, 1 chihuahua, and 1 toy fox terrier. My female pit and 2 small dogs sleep with me. My husband gave them all to me except the toy fox terrier, he belonged to my mother. My husband says i spoil them.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:03 AM
Total Nerd

i have 1 cat, 1 dog, 2 rabbits, 1 ginuea pig, 1 duck, and 3 fish.. my dog and cat take turns sleeping with me. the cat sleeps with me during the week because i need to be up early for school and work. and on the weekends my dog sleeps with me. he tends to wake me up with a tennis ball to the face or a shoe to the arm or tends to hog the bed..... i swear.. he's almsot 8 years old, but he acts like he's 6 months old. crazy dog.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:40 AM
the bosses wife

My cats a big baby so he'll lay at the pillows at the top of my bed or if I don't pet him when he lays on me he'll get mad an go sleep in the living room,lol.

Old 12-05-2006, 05:13 AM

We have a minpin/chuahua mix that is our "baby". He is three now and has slept with us from day one. Now with tony gone Rebel stays by me everywhere in the house I go. Tony has no problem with it, in fact it was his idea that Rebel sleep with us right from the start.

Blessings!
Ali
Old 12-05-2006, 07:20 PM

Every dog I ever had slept with me, when we lived in Texas we had a great dane/pit mix, a rotti , an american bulldog and my pit bull that I have now, needless to say we ended up having to go and buy a king size bed. They were the kids and they ruled the house!!!! I could only keep one of them when I moved to Alaska for a job, but she ( the pit) is still my furry little bed warmer to this day, which is great since my human one is locked up.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:27 PM

yep my little beagle always has lol
Old 12-05-2006, 07:47 PM

I have two cats and I live alone in a small apartment. My cats aways sleep with me. Then when my youngest son got out of prison 2 years ago and came to live with me--my cats slept with him instead of with me. They just fell in love with him. He used to say that prison would be so much better if they could have cats in there.
He is "away" again and when he writes me, he says how much he misses my cats. And I know that if my cats could talk they would say that they miss him too. I draw pictures of my cats on the letters that I write to him, with words coming out of their mouth saying things like "I love you, Brian"

I know, I know, I'm silly. But he is my younest son and I guess I still treat him like a "baby"

Words that do not give the light of Christ, lncreases the darkness.
Mother Teresa

Happy New Year "2007"
Old 12-08-2006, 11:19 AM

yep the two cats are in the bed they will have it no other way now the 7 week old lab would love too but he is either crated due to him still learning how tobe a good boy although my son usually comes and gets him as he dont want him by himself ok just remember he is going to grow to bee 90-100 # so keeep that in the back of your head that he just may take up more room than your willing to spaare all in all it works well not sure how the hubby will like the cats in our bed time will tell