Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New York Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the New York Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 04-29-2006, 06:49 AM
Only the strong survive

Default Would Like to Share a bad experience

Hello everyone this morning I set out to go and see my fiance. I have to be at a pick up point by 5:30 am, the service that I take doesn't do door 2 door unfortunately. Anyway it's a quiet and desolated area which scares me sometimes and this morning my fear became a reality. As i was waiting for my pick-up a man approached me and pulled out a weapon and demanded that i hand him over my money. I was scared and terrified as my life just flashed in front of my face. I was frozen to a point that my pressure went up and i started to bleed through my nose. I had my hands full of bags because I was taking him the norm that I bring to him, food and necessities. I was in a state of shock and still am. The little bit that I had on me which is my fare i had to hand it over thank god that a good samaritan was driving by and helped me, at that moment i was relieved and wondered whether this is all worth it. I'm upset that someone could de-value my life in that way, i was violated and feel like i was raped but in a different way my life. I went to the precient and of course one is showed pictures, and I'm thinking am i suppose to remember every mark, pimple or feature on this person in a situation such as this. I'm home now and freaked and I'm thinking can i do this again wait in that corner after this incident this morning, I tried to call the facility because he was waiting for me but it's very hard to speak to someone. I have ablock on my phone and at this time i wish that i didn't but what can i do. I know him and he won't understand becuase he'll be quick to jump and say why didn't i come the next day. I'm sorry that this is long but my emotions are running in a way that they've never had. I just hope and pray that no goes through something like this becuase many of us do wait in those weird and desolated corners to go see our loved ones. Thanks for reading I guess this is some kind of consolation for me a form of venting b4 i go nuts.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:47 AM
home since 8/06

Quote:
I know him and he won't understand becuase he'll be quick to jump and say why didn't i come the next day.
I am sorry you had to experience this, this is just horrible! My heart is with you, this is just something about our lives that really hurts...

When I have to go to a location to meet the van I take a cab there and when I get there the van is there waiting for me.

I hope he does understand, because this is not your fault! I would be angry if my husband did not understand something like this! If he doesn't he needs to get a grip and realize how hard this life is for YOU too! He is lucky to have someone like you in his life and maybe he shoud stop thinking about himself and thank his lucky stars for YOU!

(((((((HUGS)))))))))))
Old 04-29-2006, 09:32 AM

Sending you a big . I am sorry that you had to go through something so terrifying. Please take care of you right now, everything else will work out. Sending up prayers for you.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:35 AM

I'm sorry that you had to go through that, but the most important thing is that your ok. God Bless you. I understand what you mean. My husbands at Sing Sing and I live on Staten Island and I have to leave my house at 4:30 in the morning to see him. It's dark when I leave and I'm so scared of standing there waiting for the bus and sometimes I have my 1 year old son with me. So I understand your feelings
Old 04-29-2006, 02:48 PM
Love it or Shove it......

my goodness, the horror, i got chills reading your story. Thank GOD that you were not seriously harmed. GOD don't like ugly. Your husband should really understand you have no control over the maniacs that are wandering the streets. Take care of yourself, i'm sure this has left you a horrible impression.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:29 PM
Donation Award 

sorry, glad to hear you are safe now, i hope you can find a safe way to wait, maybe you can wait in a cab for the transportation?
Old 04-29-2006, 04:57 PM
Only the strong survive

thx for the support I normally do wait in a cab but this morning the cab had another ride and I had no choice but to be there alone. I'm okay it just left me with a very bad taste in my mouth as one would say. Thx again.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:13 PM
home since 8/06

we live and we learn, I hope it all works out with your honey
Old 04-29-2006, 07:17 PM
Dancin' with my Prince...

Thank God you're ok! Take it easy and be good to yourself...

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Old 04-29-2006, 07:23 PM
Donation Award 

yeah, i cant even begin to know how you felt or are feeling now. im sure your husband will be cool once he knows whats up.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:09 PM
Aimee

Im so sorry you went thru that. thank God you are okay!

Old 04-29-2006, 10:04 PM
I can see the light!!!

Wow! I'm so sorry you had to go through that but I'm so glad you are alright! Your man should understand about what happened and thank God that you weren't hurt in any way... I know it is still a scary feeling whether you were hurt or not. I hope you can find a safer way to wait for this van.

Take care of yourself because if you're not OK, you can't do much for your man and he should understand that.

He's BAAACCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Life has never been better!

Old 04-30-2006, 06:41 AM
TRUE LOVE NEVER FAILS!!!!

WOW...im so sorry that this happened to u.....the world as we know it is changing right before our eyes and it aint good!!!!!!!! from the weather to the people out here loosing their minds!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2006, 08:29 AM
The Truth

i'm so sorry this happened to you. can you car pool with anyone? i don't know where your man is located, but if he is in the oneida hub, you can ride w/ me since i'm right in westchester. again, i'm sorry you had to go through that.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Happiness is MAIL

Laflor,
I am so sorry this happened to you, woman.
I'll be praying on you every day - be strong and take care of YOU FIRST. Your first priority is supposed to be YOU - remember that.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:03 PM

This sounds so awful to me... maybe because it would be rare for it to happen over here. I can't think what you must have gone thru.........you be strong for you....the rest will follow xxxx
Old 05-13-2006, 02:20 PM

Default He will understand

I am so sorry for what happened to you. I have faith that you guy will understand why you did not show up. But believe me he will feel really bad that he was not able to keep you safe. The one thing my guy always says to me is he worries that something might happen to me. So trust in the Lord and stay safe and feel loved from all of us who have read your thread.

Old 05-13-2006, 02:48 PM
his kiss, sweet as sugar

Laflor, that is a horrible thing to go thru. I am sorry that had to happen to you. Thank God you weren't hurt. I am sure your hubby will understnad, and like Anna just said, he probably will feel bad that he isn't here to keep you safe from things like that. Can you find an alternate way up there? car pool, or another van/bus service? or maybe you can take a cab one stop before where there is another rider waiting.

Old 05-14-2006, 08:05 PM

OMG!! that is terrible what happened to you. I will pray that everything works out and that your man will understand. but don't live afraid...go back and wait for your ride again...just take some extra precautions. Stay safe!!

Old 05-22-2006, 12:16 PM
Banned

How horrifying that must have been for you because we read about this type of thing in the papers all of the time. It's such a small world -- the day could come that he gets caught from doing this to someone else, and then when you get on a visit, you see him and his girl sitting at the table right beside yours!!