Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered People in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered People in Prison For anyone that has a same sex partner, family member, friend or Pen Pal in prison that is Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, or Transgendered.

Old 05-21-2018, 01:48 PM

Default Same sex marriage in TDCJ.

I have gathered some information on this about a month ago. I called the Huntsville Unit and the information they have were similar to what a heterosexual couple would have to do to obtain a marriage certificate. It is possible. Now the reason for my calling was not to gather any information on marriage but on what my partner and myself could do to get a contact visit. They answered this question very well, this could be given to any couple if the inmate applied for a common law marriage. One of the options that I thought about was the one where I had to gather any documents that showed my partner and I have resided together. These documents were a number of written notarized statements from family members, close trusted friends, and or neighbors of ours. This was the start of the process. Your inmate has to do about 85% of the footwork. And yes it is possible. Anyone can call inmate records at the Huntsville unit to get more information.
Sponsored Links