Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > PRISON PEN PALS > Prison Inmate Pen-Pal Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison Inmate Pen-Pal Talk General talk about prison pen-pals. Please do not place ads in this forum!

Old 08-08-2017, 11:29 AM

Default Penpal that I wrote too deleted their ad! :(

So I'm just coming on here because I sent a pen pal a letter last week. Well I checked on the pen pal website last night and he deleted his ad and on the "testimonials" part on the website he wrote that he found an amazing woman to talk to". Haha I'm happy for him and I understand because he was super good looking. I'm still sad though because he was the first and only person I wrote to and more than likely i'm not going to get a reply. I also feel a little embarrassed since I wrote him two letters...the second letter I had to write because I left out some information from my first letter I needed him to know about my address. I don't know if he received them yet, but he's probably going to be like why is this girl writing to me lol. Anyways yeah just wanted to vent haha.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2017, 11:36 AM

Thanked 2,973 Times in 1,799 Posts

He might still write you never know. Either way glad he found a good person. Let's hope he's a good person to.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:20 PM

Thanked 1,019 Times in 571 Posts

You should be happy that he found someone that makes him happy. I certainly wouldn't be embarrassed about writing either letters. You should look for another guy and not let it put you off
Old 08-08-2017, 12:33 PM

That is great that he has found someone. You should look for another penpal. The letters mean so much to them and it is great to go to the mail box and find a letter in it from them. I have a few and they are all unique and very appreciative of the correspondence.
The Following User Says Thank You to hopeful2724 For This Useful Post:
shellh37 (08-09-2017)
Old 08-08-2017, 12:39 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 10,964 Times in 4,565 Posts

He has found a friend and you have lost nothing but a couple of stamps. If I was you I would find another penpal to write to.There are lots of people who want penpals.
Dont be put off penpaling can be very rewarding but sometimes it doesnt work out. Good luck in finding a new friend.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahlisa View Post
So I'm just coming on here because I sent a pen pal a letter last week. Well I checked on the pen pal website last night and he deleted his ad and on the "testimonials" part on the website he wrote that he found an amazing woman to talk to". Haha I'm happy for him and I understand because he was super good looking. I'm still sad though because he was the first and only person I wrote to and more than likely i'm not going to get a reply. I also feel a little embarrassed since I wrote him two letters...the second letter I had to write because I left out some information from my first letter I needed him to know about my address. I don't know if he received them yet, but he's probably going to be like why is this girl writing to me lol. Anyways yeah just wanted to vent haha.
Don't be embarrassed. He sounds like a stand up guy. When my husband notified his pen pals that he had found a special lady (me), there was one gal that kept writing. He politely told her again. She continued writing and sending pictures. He then had to firmly tell her to stop. She continued and so he just returned her letters. She finally stopped.

Old 08-08-2017, 12:50 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Hey....I wrote a random guy a while back who wrote me back to tell me that he was in a committed relationship but thought I would be perfect for his cellie and did I mind him passing on my information. Mr. Cellie and I have been in a committed relationship ever since. Chin up, hun....you never know whats around the corner waiting. :-)
Old 08-08-2017, 02:21 PM

I don't see that there is anything you should be embarrassed about!

It is possible that his ad expired, and he didn't purposely take it down. The pay sites that I am familiar with have the profiles shut down as soon as the term is up, and they must be renewed and a new fee paid to have them remain.

It is also possible that he is starting a committed relationship with the "amazing woman" and had his ad taken down to demonstrate his commitment. If so, good for him! But you couldn't have known of his relationship when you wrote so there is nothing for you to be ashamed of.

There are plenty of other inmates to write to, so don't let this deter you.

R. Mc.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rmc50 For This Useful Post:
candy (09-03-2017), maytayah (08-08-2017), shellh37 (08-09-2017)