Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > FLDOC - What You Need to Know > Florida Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Florida prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's regional subforum in the Florida forum.

Old 06-05-2017, 05:45 PM

Default Haven't Heard Back in 5 Weeks

Hi all, I'm new here so I would greatly appreciate any help/insight!

I haven't heard back from my pen pal in over 5 weeks. It usually takes exactly 3 weeks from me sending a letter out to receiving his letter to hear back from him, and this pace of 3 weeks back and forth has been consistent up until now. I've been upset ever since 3 weeks have passed and I didn't hear anything, but I'm trying my best to be patient because as I've learned from reading on here, there are so many factors that can cause issues with mail. But does anyone have any insight they could provide as to what can be taking a response from him so long?

Some things to consider, I live in California, and he's in Desoto Annex in Arcadia, so obviously I expect it will take a few more days for mail to travel between California and Florida. I have already sent another letter just over one week ago, just to keep the conversation going and check up on him. Also, we have built a pretty good correspondence and in his last letter he mentioned how happy he was to receive my letter, so I don't think it's likely he would simply be uninterested in writing back.

Anyways, I would really appreciate any ideas/insight into why it's taking so long to hear back from him!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2017, 09:09 PM
Sun Dried Georgia Peach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,979 Times in 1,421 Posts

Insight:

He may be out of postage or stationary.
He may be in jail with no way to get anything and no resources.

I live 55 miles (in the very next county) from a friend in prison and it took 14 days for him to get my letter.

I must say though, if it took 5 weeks, I'd be wondering myself. Please call classification to rule out him being in confinement. Just tell them you are worried and want to check on him. If they say something you don't understand just ask them to clarify. They are really ppl just like you and me.

If he's in confinement, send him some envelopes, stamps and paper. If he isn't you can still send some just to make sure.

Other than that, I don't know...you'll just have to wait on him.

I do hope you hear soon. I know it's a pain.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

'Why' must almost always override 'how'. - Anjewel

DEDICATED TO THE ONES WITH NO VOICE
Old 06-08-2017, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjewel View Post
Insight:

He may be out of postage or stationary.
He may be in jail with no way to get anything and no resources.

I live 55 miles (in the very next county) from a friend in prison and it took 14 days for him to get my letter.

I must say though, if it took 5 weeks, I'd be wondering myself. Please call classification to rule out him being in confinement. Just tell them you are worried and want to check on him. If they say something you don't understand just ask them to clarify. They are really ppl just like you and me.

If he's in confinement, send him some envelopes, stamps and paper. If he isn't you can still send some just to make sure.

Other than that, I don't know...you'll just have to wait on him.

I do hope you hear soon. I know it's a pain.
Thank you for that. I'll try to call classification tomorrow and ask about him being in confinement. Thank you!!