Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana Prison and Jail Specific Discussions Forums for Louisiana prison & jail facilities.

Old 05-27-2017, 07:48 PM

Smile After sentencing, how long does it take a parish jail inmate to get transfe

Hello friends, I have a loved one that is incarcerated at Jefferson Parish correctional. He was recently convicted, and will be sentenced on May 30. How long after he is sentenced does it take for him to be transferred to a DOC facility? Thanks in advance for responding.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2017, 08:38 PM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 18,837 Times in 7,311 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianPrincess View Post
Hello friends, I have a loved one that is incarcerated at Jefferson Parish correctional. He was recently convicted, and will be sentenced on May 30. How long after he is sentenced does it take for him to be transferred to a DOC facility? Thanks in advance for responding.
Many things can happen here. A lot will depend on how long his sentence is. If there is no space for him in a DOC facility, he could stay right where he is for a while.

Old 05-27-2017, 10:44 PM

Thanks so much for the reply. He was on parole (got out in March 2015) & his parole was for 3 years. He recently got convicted of DV battery (misdemeanor.) Do you have an idea of what his sentence may be? I know he deferred his parole hearing, but now that he is convicted, I don't know if his parole is automatically revoked. I know there's
no telling what will happen, as every case is different. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:04 AM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 18,837 Times in 7,311 Posts

Without having his rap sheet in front of me, I can't tell you how long he is going to serve. However, because he committed a new crime while on parole, his parole is automatically revoked. He may have to serve the remainder of the time on his original sentence, plus whatever time he has to serve for the new offense.

Old 05-28-2017, 09:44 AM

Thanks so much Life Traveler. I sent him a book & it is expected to arrive at JPCC on June 2, but I'm just worried that he will be transferred immediately after sentencing on May 30. Hopefully he will receive it.
The Following User Says Thank You to AsianPrincess For This Useful Post:
LifeTraveler (05-28-2017)