Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > SOUTH CAROLINA > South Carolina News & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

South Carolina News & Events Current news items and information on events related to the South Carolina prison system.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:00 AM

Default HELP! Did man released from SC prison kill his wife?

I was unsure where to post this, but I need help with something. I cannot remember the exact time, but it seems like about a year ago. Was a man released from prison (maybe in 2009 from Tyger River or in 2008 from Kershaw) who got out and immediately killed his wife/girlfriend? I know this sounds strange to be asking this now, but my boyfriend (who is in prison and getting out soon) told me about this when it supposedly happened. The man supposedly found out she had been cheating on him while he was in, and killed her as soon as he got out. My boyfriend told me it was on the news at the time. I now have reason to believe he might have been lying to me, and it is very important I find out. Can anyone help me?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2010, 04:24 AM

Is it ok to ask why you would think he would lie about that???
Old 09-15-2010, 04:49 AM
Banned

Thanked 2,119 Times in 1,147 Posts

google it if it happened you might get info that way. Just type in something like Man release from prison kills wife and the area and you should get some hits.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:14 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,560 Times in 11,007 Posts

Are you thinking that your boyfriend is threatening you? If so, you need to take action now!
paradise soul (09-19-2010)
Old 09-15-2010, 08:52 AM

Default Answer to why I think he might have lied...

I love him beyond explanation and have been faithfully waiting for him for years. I have never betrayed his trust, not even in talking about him or us like this. But...he does not trust me, and his reactions to me are starting to scare me. I just need to find out the truth about a few things to sort out in my head what to do. Before he gets out. I don't want to think anything ill of his intent towards me--doing so breaks my heart further--but his doubt of me and how far he goes with it is making me doubt him. Make sense?
Old 09-15-2010, 08:56 AM

Thanked 2,970 Times in 1,905 Posts

Wow thts deep... Well be carefully
Old 09-15-2010, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Yes, luv, it makes sense, but a very ugly form of sense. It sounds like you suspect that loving him might be a very dangerous thing.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:27 AM

Default Update...Found my answer!

Just wanted to thank those who tried to help and let you know I have the answer now. It was all a lie. I found out this man who killed his wife actually did so over twenty years ago and is serving a life sentence. My boyfriend just used that man's name to make up a story to manipulate me so he could find out what I would I would say about cheating. I have been through the ringer this week, so that's all I'll say for now.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:37 AM

i hope for your sake that we won't be hearing about you on the news...i think you should take what he told you as a sign...red flag...please be careful...
The Following User Says Thank You to lovingmagic For This Useful Post:
inmatemama (09-19-2010)
Old 09-19-2010, 07:58 AM

What do you do with a man who is perfect for you in every sense, but one...he is manipulative. It makes me so mad, and not just at him, but just mad in general! We are perfect together! Perfect! Until his way of thinking ruins everything. Its like getting hit by a truck...one minute I'm feeling more in love with him than ever, just totally in awe, and the next minute he comes from out of nowhere and hits me with something that should NEVER come from his mouth to MY ears! Never even be in his mind! And who do you think gets blamed for it??? Even if I get him to admit he went too far, I still get blamed for CAUSING it! I love him beyond what anyone else ever would or could, but he is making me hate him, too. Maybe that's what I need. My heart tells me to believe he'll be different when he gets home, but my head tells me to RUN! FAST!
Old 09-19-2010, 08:14 AM

Coming from a person who was in a relationship like that for over ten years, it is very confusing. They make you doubt reality. It took me a long time to get away from him. When you deal with someone like that you never know the truth. I truly believe when your with someone like this you never really know who they are. WHAT'S REAL! So I would say RUN! As fast as you can and as far as you can. The good times are not worth the bad... Just my opinion. I wish you the best of luck qnd let us know your ok.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:56 AM

To me his comment seemed like an indirect threat. Please be careful.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:47 PM

I have felt really bad about some of the comments I made in this thread. Even though my boyfriend cannot read this, I feel like I owe him an apology. He was wrong to tell me a lie, but I know he would never have intentions of physically harming me. I allowed the devil to mess with my mind and put fear in me that is not what God intended. I believe my boyfriend is so afraid of me cheating on him while he's in there that he gets desperate. It still hurts me and obviously causes me to have thoughts and fears that are not supposed to be a part of "us." But I regret labeling him as manipulative and saying he is making me hate him. He is actually a sweetheart and I love him dearly, but he has serious trust issues. I guess if I were in his place, I would too. Its just hard to look at it that way from where I stand, when my heart is breaking.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator

Donation Award 

Honey, your thoughts were not the devil's doing. They were a perfectly logical way to react to a potential threat. His desperation and his trust issues probably are very, very deep, and you need to understand more fully just how deep and how possibly dangerous they might be.

You do not know yet if your instinct , your gut, might be worth listening to. Never discount your gut.