Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Criminal Immigration Issues
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Criminal Immigration Issues Dealing with INS and other related issues.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:05 AM

Default hold by immigration office?

Okay, my name is Kinley I am actually new to this website so hello. My daughter's father has been in and out of trouble for the past 3 years. Last saturday night he was arrested for a felony count of aggravated dui, his third dui in the past year and a half.
(also violation of probation, 3 years left)
He also has a hold from the immigration office. He has lived in Arizona since he was 4 and he is 100% legal. Does this mean he will be deported after his sentence? everything will be revoked?? I really just need to understand what this means, and what I can expect. Does everyone with this hold get deported?
We are no longer together but we have remained friends.. I just feel so bad for my daughter.

Last edited by Kinley; 03-28-2010 at 12:07 AM.. Reason: added another question
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2010, 11:08 AM

hi, and welcome to pto. what do u mean he is 100% legal? if he is a citizen, then he be fine. if not, then yes he can get deported. he needs to get a good lawyer to find out if the things they are holding him for is ok, they need to get his transcripts, and see the the judge had advice him of deportation if he pleaded guilty. if they didnt, then they cant deport him. he also has to see if his lawyer can get those cases vacated, so he can stay here. is a painfull and hard process, but hang in there and have faith hon. good luck!
Old 04-07-2010, 12:01 PM

The INS has an 800 # hotline. They may be able to answer some of your questions or their website has some pretty good information as well to do your own investigating, but I agree with lovelyme (as I seem to do in a couple posts ) get a lawyer to double check everything you find out. Good luck!
Old 04-07-2010, 06:07 PM

In CA even one DUI for a "green card" holder or "legal resident" makes the person deportable. That does not mean will be deported but can. But yes he needs an attorney. Good luck to all of you.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:04 AM

Yes if he is a us citizen then he can't be deported no matter how he got his citizenship. But if he is only a green card holder then its more likely he will be. My bother in law and my husbands uncle both legal here but not citizens got deported after the second DUI with life time bans. They can never come back. Thats the bad thing. I had told them to try for citizenship years ago but they thought they did not need to bother, now both are in Mexico and can never re enter the usa. Its just sad.