Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #4901  
Old 07-01-2020, 08:35 PM
LovynHim4Lyfe LovynHim4Lyfe is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: N.C., USA
Posts: 18
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TicalMM View Post
Good afternoon, I was wondering if anyone can tell me the mail policy at Lee please. My man is being moved there. Where he is now you can only send five pages in an envelope and only one side of the paper can be written on, is it the same in Lee? Also do they accept books from amazon and barnes & noble? Do they get locked down alot here? Thanks.
Hi! Iím not sure about the number of pages but you can only write on one side. As far as books, Iíve ordered from Amazon, ThriftBooks and Barnes & Nobles and he received them with no problem (canít order hardcover books) YES! They are locked down....A LOT!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LovynHim4Lyfe For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-02-2020), TicalMM (07-02-2020)
Sponsored Links
  #4902  
Old 07-02-2020, 07:04 AM
TicalMM TicalMM is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: NJ USA
Posts: 24
Thanks: 24
Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovynHim4Lyfe View Post
Hi! Iím not sure about the number of pages but you can only write on one side. As far as books, Iíve ordered from Amazon, ThriftBooks and Barnes & Nobles and he received them with no problem (canít order hardcover books) YES! They are locked down....A LOT!
Good to know he can receive books, where he is now they track each book delivery and if it doesn't match the return address they send it back and he really loves to read. Thanks for the information
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TicalMM For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-02-2020)
  #4903  
Old 07-02-2020, 06:24 PM
anchored24 anchored24 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Florida
Posts: 209
Thanks: 196
Thanked 242 Times in 131 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovynHim4Lyfe View Post
Hi! Iím not sure about the number of pages but you can only write on one side. As far as books, Iíve ordered from Amazon, ThriftBooks and Barnes & Nobles and he received them with no problem (canít order hardcover books) YES! They are locked down....A LOT!
Hello,

You are only able to write 10 pages per letter and/or 5 pages and photos and/or 10 photos per envelope -- only 10 pages/photos per envelope.

I order books from all over and that are accepted -- no hard cover.

As for lockdown, as she mentioned -- they are locked down ALOT! I wrote down last year the amount of days OFF lockdown and it was less than 2 months It's horrible. Praying that all runs smoothly with the time your man has at Lee.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anchored24 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-03-2020), TicalMM (07-03-2020)
  #4904  
Old 07-02-2020, 06:25 PM
anchored24 anchored24 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Florida
Posts: 209
Thanks: 196
Thanked 242 Times in 131 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TicalMM View Post
Good to know he can receive books, where he is now they track each book delivery and if it doesn't match the return address they send it back and he really loves to read. Thanks for the information
I order a lot from Better World Books -- it's cheap and they always have deals. My husband normally gets them within a few days as he loves to read as well.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to anchored24 For This Useful Post:
TicalMM (07-03-2020)
  #4905  
Old 07-03-2020, 08:24 AM
TicalMM TicalMM is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: NJ USA
Posts: 24
Thanks: 24
Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchored24 View Post
Hello,

You are only able to write 10 pages per letter and/or 5 pages and photos and/or 10 photos per envelope -- only 10 pages/photos per envelope.

I order books from all over and that are accepted -- no hard cover.

As for lockdown, as she mentioned -- they are locked down ALOT! I wrote down last year the amount of days OFF lockdown and it was less than 2 months It's horrible. Praying that all runs smoothly with the time your man has at Lee.
Thanks for the information, 10 pages is much better than 5, I write alot. Wow that is a crazy amount of time on lockdown Thank you I hope all runs smoothly also.
Reply With Quote
  #4906  
Old 07-03-2020, 05:17 PM
anchored24 anchored24 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Florida
Posts: 209
Thanks: 196
Thanked 242 Times in 131 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TicalMM View Post
Thanks for the information, 10 pages is much better than 5, I write alot. Wow that is a crazy amount of time on lockdown Thank you I hope all runs smoothly also.
Yes, it is crazy hopefully it will run smoothly and after this pandemic it'll get better.

As for the letters, I normally number them. My husband says the mailroom gets the mail mixed up a lot.

Also, the letters sent are all copied/ photos as well -- so he won't receive the actual photo yet the mailroom will copy photos in color and give him a copy. Letters are scanned as well and the copies are given to the person. That was implemented a few months ago.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to anchored24 For This Useful Post:
TicalMM (Today)
  #4907  
Old 07-04-2020, 11:29 PM
duncansangel duncansangel is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 26
Thanks: 1
Thanked 34 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TicalMM View Post
Good afternoon, I was wondering if anyone can tell me the mail policy at Lee please. My man is being moved there. Where he is now you can only send five pages in an envelope and only one side of the paper can be written on, is it the same in Lee? Also do they accept books from amazon and barnes & noble? Do they get locked down alot here? Thanks.

Prayers for your man, it's horrible at USP LEE. Make sure you put his name and # on each page. You can send books (paperback only). They are ALWAYS locked down there. I don't remember a time in the past 2 years that they haven't been for 30 days straight. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to duncansangel For This Useful Post:
TicalMM (07-06-2020)
  #4908  
Old 07-08-2020, 03:59 PM
LovynHim4Lyfe LovynHim4Lyfe is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: N.C., USA
Posts: 18
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Default

According to BOP website, one staff member at Lee tested positive for COVID-19 smh Praying they donít have anymore positive test results 🙌🏼
Reply With Quote
  #4909  
Old 07-09-2020, 04:37 PM
anchored24 anchored24 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Florida
Posts: 209
Thanks: 196
Thanked 242 Times in 131 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovynHim4Lyfe View Post
According to BOP website, one staff member at Lee tested positive for COVID-19 smh Praying they donít have anymore positive test results 🙌🏼
I'm praying no one else!!!
I'm heavy praying. SO scary!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4910  
Old 07-10-2020, 02:50 PM
LovynHim4Lyfe LovynHim4Lyfe is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: N.C., USA
Posts: 18
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Default

I was praying and being hopeful as well. Checked the BOP website again and now itís 2 positive staff members! Iím just ready for all of this to be over with. I worry abt him constantly
Reply With Quote
  #4911  
Old 07-10-2020, 04:28 PM
anchored24 anchored24 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Florida
Posts: 209
Thanks: 196
Thanked 242 Times in 131 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovynHim4Lyfe View Post
I was praying and being hopeful as well. Checked the BOP website again and now itís 2 positive staff members! Iím just ready for all of this to be over with. I worry abt him constantly
same
I told my husband about it this morning... he said he didn't know anything about it and nothing had been mentioned but that they are probably going to lockdown for sure now due to it :/ I'm praying the ones infected weren't anything near my husband or unit for that matter.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to anchored24 For This Useful Post:
JestHis (07-11-2020)
  #4912  
Old 07-10-2020, 07:00 PM
LovynHim4Lyfe LovynHim4Lyfe is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: N.C., USA
Posts: 18
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Yeah, mine didn’t know either! I’m in a couple of fb groups and I look on the BOP website almost every other day. Idk what they’re going to do but my husband said they told him that they’re going to start letting them out everyday for an hour and half. Who knows, guess we’re just going to have to wait and see how it goes.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LovynHim4Lyfe For This Useful Post:
JestHis (07-11-2020), litaM (07-13-2020)
  #4913  
Old 07-11-2020, 11:49 PM
JestHis JestHis is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 336
Thanks: 329
Thanked 531 Times in 255 Posts
Default

I saw today that there has been another staff member tested positive. So it's 2 now...
Reply With Quote
  #4914  
Old 07-12-2020, 10:09 AM
anchored24 anchored24 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Florida
Posts: 209
Thanks: 196
Thanked 242 Times in 131 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JestHis View Post
I saw today that there has been another staff member tested positive. So it's 2 now...
Yup which means they will probably lockdown depending where the staff
members were. My husband is concerned and with reason because it's a big bubble. I'm praying that there's no more cases
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to anchored24 For This Useful Post:
JestHis (07-12-2020)
  #4915  
Old Today, 10:02 AM
duncansangel duncansangel is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 26
Thanks: 1
Thanked 34 Times in 16 Posts
Default

When quarantined for transfer are they able to make phone calls?
Reply With Quote
  #4916  
Old Today, 10:02 AM
Vicwifey2018 Vicwifey2018 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Georgia USA
Posts: 311
Thanks: 113
Thanked 290 Times in 161 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncansangel View Post
when quarantined for transfer are they able to make phone calls?
no calls or emails
__________________
S.Wilberg
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
federal, lockdown, mail, penpal, usp, usp lee

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
United States Penitentiary - Big Sandy fudgiesgirl Other Federal Prisons 4065 07-08-2020 03:40 PM
United States Penitentiary (USP) Canaan lockdown thread mariaacharles Other Federal Prisons 673 01-24-2020 05:19 AM
United States Penitentiary - Lompoc TragicsLady Other Federal Prisons 160 04-29-2019 01:49 PM
How many of you have loved ones in a USP?(United States Penitentiary) cjjack Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat 16 06-03-2006 07:21 PM
United States Penitentiary, Some History kintml2u Federal System News, Events and Legal Issues 0 04-24-2004 08:54 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:20 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2019 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics