Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSISSIPPI > Mississippi General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Mississippi General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Mississippi that do not fit into any other Mississippi sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 02-09-2018, 09:49 AM

Unhappy How much time should my bf expect??

my bf was already on parole when he caught 2 possessions with intent.when he got arrested,he did 2 weeks in the county then went straight to prison for 6 months.after the 6 months he is back in the county awaiting trial for the new charges,which is coming up in march. That will make a year that he's been locked up.now they are charging him with habitual offender which will make the sentencing worse. he has a paid lawyer,and the 1st deal they came with was 6 years day 4 day.i cant wait that long..so has anyone been in this situation and know what to expect? is there anything i need to ask the lawyer to present to the d.a? should he wait for a better deal? should he just go to trial?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2018, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaniyah View Post
my bf was already on parole when he caught 2 possessions with intent.when he got arrested,he did 2 weeks in the county then went straight to prison for 6 months.after the 6 months he is back in the county awaiting trial for the new charges,which is coming up in march. That will make a year that he's been locked up.now they are charging him with habitual offender which will make the sentencing worse. he has a paid lawyer,and the 1st deal they came with was 6 years day 4 day.i cant wait that long..so has anyone been in this situation and know what to expect? is there anything i need to ask the lawyer to present to the d.a? should he wait for a better deal? should he just go to trial?
How much parole did get have left on the 1st sentence?
Old 02-09-2018, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiff.madis.mom View Post
How much parole did get have left on the 1st sentence?
september of this year
Old 02-09-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
september of this year
How serious r the new possession charges, how much time do they usually carry?
Old 02-09-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiff.madis.mom View Post
How serious r the new possession charges, how much time do they usually carry?
its possession with intent cocaine and meth..i really dont know how much they ususally carry..it depends on the lawyer and how the judge feeling that day i guess. the last time he did 18 months.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:05 PM

Quote:
its possession with intent cocaine and meth..i really dont know how much they ususally carry..it depends on the lawyer and how the judge feeling that day i guess. the last time he did 18 months.
Then 6 years sounds like q decent deal honestly considering he has previous charges of the same kind. But I would talk 2 his lawyer more about it. Good luck 2 both of u. I know its hard on u out here without your man & not knowing when he will b home
The Following User Says Thank You to Tiff.madis.mom For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (02-10-2018)