Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSISSIPPI > Mississippi General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Mississippi General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Mississippi that do not fit into any other Mississippi sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 01-24-2006, 10:19 AM

My husband just got moved to the Forest County Satellite center.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:57 PM
Still Totally in Love
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo&Mar
My husband just got moved to the Forest County Satellite center.
Sounds like progress, happy for you.

Old 01-31-2006, 12:25 PM

My son is at Bolivar County CWC.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:48 AM

My adopted son (I always tell people he is adopted cause I want them to know he was "chosen) is in the Wayne County, MS. jail awaiting a psych exam and trial. He is not being treated well (none of the prisoners are). Are your loved ones in county jails treated well?
Old 02-21-2006, 09:27 PM

Question sesmvt

Hi, my brother was treated just fine in the county jail but he is being sent to Rankin in the morning and I don't know where he will go from there or how long he will be there. I am very worried about him because I don't know what will happen to him.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:19 PM

My husband is in CMCF for R&C. We don't know if or how long he'll be there. We live in Alabama about 1 hour away from Merdian so maybe he can go there if he has to serve very long
Old 03-29-2006, 07:58 PM
Donation Award 

Bama Girl, CMCF is usually for processsing and classifation only and then they are moved UNLESS they have medical problems. However, I am not sure if you have to wait until they are through with classification and get moved or if there maybe a time that you can visit there. If he has to go somewhere maybe it will be at the prison in Meridian. I heard it has air conditioning. I just heard that so not too sure if that is true. A friend of our family just got transferred to this facility in Meridian.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:21 PM
Still Totally in Love
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Care
Bama Girl, CMCF is usually for processsing and classifation only and then they are moved UNLESS they have medical problems. However, I am not sure if you have to wait until they are through with classification and get moved or if there maybe a time that you can visit there. If he has to go somewhere maybe it will be at the prison in Meridian. I heard it has air conditioning. I just heard that so not too sure if that is true. A friend of our family just got transferred to this facility in Meridian.
Hi Bama, Just want to welcome you to our forum and PTO. To follow-up on I-Care's post, there is no visiting while they are in R&C at CMCF. He may be there for several weeks. My guy was there for 6 weeks, but usual is about 4, I think. He got there at a bad time when mostly everything was shut down.

There are lots of links to some very useful information in the above threads.

Good luck and anything we do do to help, please ask.

DAM

Old 04-24-2006, 06:32 PM

my man is in the county farm in raymond ms... if anyone has a loved one there pm me, he just got moved there so any do's and don't will be great!
Old 04-26-2006, 12:07 PM

My son is in Tupelo (lee County Jail) and is telling me he is going to be sent to Rankin County. Is this facility just for processing or what? I live in Mobile, ALabama and am hoping he will be sent somewhere close by.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:37 PM
Still Totally in Love
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryss
My son is in Tupelo (lee County Jail) and is telling me he is going to be sent to Rankin County. Is this facility just for processing or what? I live in Mobile, ALabama and am hoping he will be sent somewhere close by.
Hello Maryss, Welcome to the Mississippi forum, Here is the link to the MDOC website where you will find a lot of useful information and answers to many questions. http://www.mdoc.state.ms.us/

You will also find in this sub-section a "sticky" towards the top of the page regarding the receiving and prrocessing at Central Mississippi Correctional Facility, also known as CMCF also known as Rankin County. In all likliehood your son will be transferred to another facility after he is classified. He could be in Rankin anywhere from 2-4 weeks.

Once you know he is there you can call to get his MDOC # and mailing information so that he gets mail a little quicker than waiting for you to get a note from him and all.

Any questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask.

DAM311

Old 04-27-2006, 08:33 AM
Donation Award 

Maryss.... I hope for your sake he is sent to SCCf in Wiggins, MS..
Also HELLO from not too far from you !!!! I was at Tillman's Corner about a month ago. It gave me a real strange feeling. I ate at the "Fireman's Sub House" I think it is called.. MAN that was a great place to eat!! Really neat how everything is in Fireman's colors and "Dalmation" colors..I live about 2 hrs from Mobile.
ALSO hope he SOON gets out of Lee CO. jail..I have heard that is a terrible place. Your in my prayers.. Please keep us posted..

"I-Care"
Old 05-01-2006, 01:17 PM
misnbran

my fiance is currently @ CMCF waiting for transfer to long term A&D somewhere
Old 05-23-2006, 05:56 AM

My son has just been moved to CMCF in RAnkin to be processed
Old 05-23-2006, 06:59 AM
Donation Award 

Maryss,
As he goes through his processing I think it is a few weeks before he gets to order canteen but I COULD be mistaken. I sure hope he gets close to your area so that visits are not too far away..Please keep us posted..
Old 05-26-2006, 04:53 PM

Son @ CMCF
Old 05-26-2006, 05:05 PM
Donation Award 

"tammytoo" I am sorry you have to even be here as with most of us but WELCOME.. Is your son going through classification at CMCF or that is where he is located after classification?? Have you visited with him yet?? Any help you need we will try and help you.. I live in the SOUTH WEST area ( right across the MS line) and you?? We are all scattered all over... SOME from REALLY FAR AWAY!! One is from GERMANY!! YES!!
God Bless and welcome..
"I-Care"
Old 06-03-2006, 07:13 AM

Default My Connection

My prison connection is a loved one who is in the Federal system. He was in Louisiana but is being moved. No one ever speaks of this. Lots of things glossed over. I just try to support him as best I can. Very distressing.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:05 AM
Donation Award 

"mindy-j".. I sure hate to hear of this. I live in LA and I forgot where the Fed. prison is here. I have a friend in a Fed. prison in FL. She is in one of the facilities that now has internet email access. That is a good thing. Do you know where your Loved One is being moved too??

God Bless.. Stay Strong...

"I-Care"
Old 06-03-2006, 05:57 PM

Thank you, honey. Well here is the situation. I have a large, well known family. All over the state. This adult cousin is/was a professional who is now incarcerated. In the extended family, only one other cousin and I try to actively support to him. His immediate family does support him, but they are rather distant from the rest of us since this all happened and I understand and do not wish to cause them more pain. So I just do what I can. That is why I am unsure about where he is being moved. I will have to do some family-grapevine listening and figuring out alot of between the lines stuff. (Ya'll being Southerners and Mississippians in particular, you know what I mean.)
Since I heard he was being moved, I have not heard from him and so I thought maybe I could learn a bit more about the system in general from my association with this kindheated website..
Old 06-07-2006, 11:06 AM

My son has just been moved to Rankin for processing and classification on last Tuesday
Old 06-09-2006, 02:59 PM

my bf is currently at madison county jail, but he's going to CMCF next, then i don't know???
Old 06-11-2006, 11:15 AM

Unhappy daughter's jail location

I have a daughter at cmcf.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:44 AM
Still Totally in Love
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO and the MS forum. I am sorry you have to deal with this situation. We have lots of great folks here who will give you support and lend an ear. We have a very supportive member who has a loved one at the Women's facility at CMCF. I'm sure she will be along in a day or so.
D
Old 06-11-2006, 04:01 PM
Donation Award 

slhelton..Welcome.. I am sorry that you even have a need to be on PTO actually as we all feel that way but God Bless You & Yours. My Loved One ( Cousin) is at CMCF. I just returned from my visit there.

Take care... Hope to hear more from you.
"I-Care"