Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Georgia.

Old 07-16-2019, 12:31 PM

Default How long in County before Prison and how long in Jackson?

Hi everyone!

My husband has been in the county jail for 5 weeks today. We know that he will be heading to Jackson and then somewhere else after that. We are just so anxious for him to get somewhere and get settled instead of all the wondering. Ive been checking the GDC website for weeks now and he just showed up yesterday. Finally! However, he isn't showing up on the website that gives the TPM yet. How long did your loved ones sit in county before being transferred? How long at Jackson? My hubs is serving max of 3 years so it just feels like by the time he gets settled and tries to get out early on parole it will almost be time to come home anyways.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2019, 07:05 PM

My husband was moved to Jackson from county for a Parole Board hearing on June 26. He didn't even start diagnostics until July 9. The mail is delayed there and he hasn't had phone calls. Hoping he'll be out of there in another week.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:47 PM

Oh no! I probably just don't understand the process. So they moved him to Jackson for a Parole Board hearing, so where does he go after the diagnostics? I thought normally they would do diagnostics before they even did a parole hearing? How long has your hubby been in county? I hate hearing there is such a delay. So you have only been able to hear from him through mail?