Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: When you dream of him, what kind of dreams are they?
Sexual 167 56.04%
Worried or troubled that he could be/get hurt 43 14.43%
Cheating 21 7.05%
Being arrested all over again/loosing him all over again 28 9.40%
Sweet and happy memories of togetherness (not sexual) 137 45.97%
Feeling "guilty" yourself for cheating in ur dream 6 2.01%
Feeling "guilty" urself for "abandoning" him, or not being in prison instead 3 1.01%
Fears that he will leave you when he gets out 47 15.77%
No I do NOT dream ever 5 1.68%
Other... (please write what it is u dream about...) 55 18.46%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 298. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2013, 04:55 PM
Account Closed

Yes of course. Sometimes the dreams bring up happy positive emotions and other times they leave me very sad and missing him even more. They always bring up big emotions though
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2013, 05:00 PM

Dreams themselves are our emotions, I believe. You're working out things that you're dealing with in your subconscious and/or you're feeling an emotional connection to him as well (often what he's feeling). It's normal and it's healthy.

Don't be afraid to feel as angry or as loving as you can, because when you feel nothing, it’s just death.
-Lena Horne
Old 07-27-2013, 06:49 PM
Love my husband <3

I had a dream about my babe the other day. There was a knock on my door and I opened it and there he was! I screamed so loud and then hugged and kissed him so hard! Then he said he had to go back to jail and I just broke down crying
Old 08-02-2013, 11:25 AM

I have dreams all the time. he is not even in prison yet. its been 9 days since he turned himself in and it doesn't feel real yet. He has been in prison before so I know it is coming and kind of what to expect but I dream that he comes home and they let him out. YES I cry when I wake up and its not real. Gosh this road is so hard and I cant believe I am going down it again.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:41 PM

.....In my dreams, we're doing everyday things cooking, getting his kids ready for school ( my son is 18) ...something screwy like Lucy on " I Love Lucy" he says im off the wall and a rebel......
Old 08-03-2013, 06:54 PM

Staff Superstar Winner Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Donation Award 

Thanked 4,578 Times in 1,813 Posts

Maybe it's because we are MWI, but I do have a lot of dreams of him where we can spend some "quality time" together, but it's in prison. Often in my dreams he has been trasferred here in Finland and can come home for vacation (yes, they do it here), or I am there for hours and hours without supervision with him.

Sometimes I have dreams about him being at home with me.

Que Fácil Es Amarte
Four years and I'm still wearing the smile you gave me

Check out our

Weekly Postcard Swap 2015

Old 08-15-2013, 09:07 PM
Love my husband <3

Last night I dreamed that we were playing with a claw machine and he kept winning me stuffed animals so by the time we were done I had an armful!
Old 08-15-2013, 10:55 PM

I have many diff dreams 4rm spending time together or sexual dreams. . And those dreams are only a certain time of the mth weird . . I had a dream he called me to pick him up . . Loved that dream
Old 08-21-2013, 01:01 PM
Cockeyed Optimist

I was having difficulty with my mail being returned to me, and I dreamt that he died. Worst dream ever.

And there's been others. I dreamt of two of him, dreamt of his mom, dreamt that he got a furlough day, etc.

Last edited by Grad0507; 08-21-2013 at 01:02 PM..
Old 10-23-2013, 12:56 AM
No Regrets

I had a dream the other day that he was home, but I was looking and looking for him around the house and couldn't find him.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:01 AM
No Regrets

the dream i had before that was i was in the livingroom and he was calling my name from outside so i looked out the window and he had his hands up surrounded by sheriffs and his old parole officer.. i woke up crying.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:58 PM

I am MWI. The dreams I have the majority of the time are of us just spending time together. I never see his face in any of them though. It is just his presence and knowing he is there. The first dream I ever had about him was that he got to spend one day out of prison and we spent time with both of our families. His family kept saying to me I can tell how much he loves you. I've only "met" my MWI one time through a video visit. Maybe after our first contact visit, or glass visit his face with be present.

Old 10-24-2013, 01:02 AM
His dimples

I dream a lot, I've had good dreams and bad dreams one that made me make the decision to write to my LO in the first place was I dreamed of him sitting at a desk writing he stopped to rub and turn a ring on his marriage finger. The dream never goes any further but I had that dream several times before I wrote to J, and 18 months wonder months later we are getting married next April :-)
Old 12-02-2013, 07:30 PM
Love Endureth

When I dream about my baby I dream of him out working and taking care of me, him, and our babies. Those are bittersweet dreams, sweet in that I can't wait for that to be our lives, with him out and taking care of us. Bitter because I have to wake up to reality: him in prison and me alone.
Parole date: 7/2014 (denied/no reset)
EOS: 12/27/15 ( my belated Christmas gift)

Old 12-02-2013, 11:39 PM

my dreams are of many different scenario's. A lot of sexual...some of just being together....i always thank god for my dreams because I believe they are signs of what's to come
Old 12-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Hey there :D

Usually when I dream about him, I dream that I'm looking for him, or that we're in the same room and can see each other but can't go to or speak to one another.
and not for disaster,
to give you
a
future
and a hope.'"
--Jeremiah 29:11

Old 12-03-2013, 01:22 PM

Mostly good dreams on thanksgiving which was a particularly hard day for me he came and held me in my bed in my dream but then night before last he stole money from me and lied to me in my dream and it made me cry when I woke up
Old 12-03-2013, 11:34 PM

Of course I get the usual lovey-dovey and/or sexual dreams from time to time. But here lately, I've been getting WEIRD dreams about him. Super weird ones.

For instance, last night I had a dream that he was at a different jail and there was like a porch. All the inmates were on the side of the jail, free range, and they were talking and having a huge group meeting, I was standing on the porch, and some random creepy guy comes over and starts molesting me, touching me, and gross stuff. My boyfriends roommate happens to see, comes over, doesn't know what to do so he just stands there. So I start screaming for my boyfriend to come help, cause I knew he was on the side. He comes over, but his physical appearance is not his but his sisters, he looks at us and is confused and doesn't know what to do. A guard comes over and is standing there. My boyfriend finally asks "Am I allowed to touch him?" and the guard said "Yes" So my boyfriend pulls him off of me, throws him off the porch, then he just walks away and I was laying there crying.

Then, another night, I had a dream that my boyfriend and I were facing the zombie apocalypse together. In this dream, I don't remember all the details, but the end result was that he was turned into a zombie, and I decided to pull out his teeth and cut off his finger tips so he couldn't bite or scratch me, and continued to try to live with him and have a relationship with him. So weird.

Another dream, he would randomly turn in to inanimate objects and animals.

Another dream, we were married and trying to start a family and HE ended up being the one who became pregnant, not me. Then after some time, I ended up pregnant too, and we were pregnant at the same time and when the babies were born, they were twins.

I've just had a lot of really weird dreams. lol

They say that love is forever, your forever is all that I need.

Old 12-07-2013, 11:25 PM

I have dreams of living in his house (we didnt live together before he was incarcerated), mildly sexual dreams... but often its of him leaving and not coming back... I assume its becuase of the fact that he's gone...
Old 12-08-2013, 06:14 PM

Last night I had a dream that someone told me hus ex had been contacting him like crazy since hes been in jail
Old 12-27-2013, 07:46 PM

I chose other because I have lots of positive dreams. Sometimes they are sexual, sometimes not. I rarely have nightmares about him, amd if I do they are about him hettting hurt, or bad memories about when we were using together. I'm really lucky. I don't have to worry about my man cheating, and he doesn't have to worry about me.

Sometimes I dream about sitting next to him on church, or just doing everyday life like work and going to the grocery store. I dream about going to pick him up the day of his release...
Old 12-28-2013, 06:52 AM

I had seen this thread before but I wasn't dreaming about him however last night I had a dream about him . I haven't spoken with my guy for 19 days now ..not since the day I watched them take him out of that courtroom in cuffs and he turned and looked at me before he left the room ..that moment is burned in my mind ..I blew him a kiss and left sobbing ..but off topic ..he's been in hospital for 13 days now and I dreamed I just went into the hospital and visited him and we talked about normal things like family and how things are going and that everyday crap that I miss so damn much ..it just felt for a moment like we were a normal couple again ...
Old 02-20-2014, 11:21 PM

I dream of my man on a daily basis. Anything from innocent dreams to explicit sexual dreams. I dream of our future....of being with him in every way possible....
Old 02-21-2014, 05:25 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,106 Times in 617 Posts

I'm not a real big dreamer or dream believer but I recently dreamed a parole date.....and I was a VERY good date I'd give most anything if it were true.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:38 AM

one of my choices was other because I've had quite a few of him "showing up at home" "they let him out early"....I really do not like those dreams cuz I wake up sad and disappointed that it wasn't real