Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New York General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in New York that do not fit into any other New York sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 02-22-2008, 06:03 AM

Default New York Downstate Transportation.

So I was wondering if anyone knew how to get to Downstate by train. I normally drive there but being that the weather is kind of crazy and it's suppose to stay like this until tomorrow (saturday). I am coming from Westchester so I know I'd have to get on in Tarrytown take it to Croton and then from there I am not sure. I didn't see a Fishkill stop I only saw Beacon. I did a map quest from the beacon train station to the facility and it said it was 8 minz away from the train station. So Im not sure it seems pretty close so I was wondering if anyone knew that if this was the stop?

thank you!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Banned
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,169 Times in 884 Posts

I heard its the beacon stop. You have to take a cab from there. I think its something like 5bucks. There will be a bunch of taxis there.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:26 AM

thank you so much!! ... yea im thinking of taking the train we'll see though i might just drive if the roads arent too bad ...

Old 02-22-2008, 01:15 PM
I can see the light!!!

I'm trying to go visit tomorrow too. Let me know if you hear anything about the roads. I'm going near Albany so I'm hoping they clear up the roads by tomorrow morning. I saw on weather.com that the weather advisory will be done by 1am so hopefully everything will be clear, or at least driveable, by tomorrow morning.

He's BAAACCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Life has never been better!

Old 02-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Patient Perseverance

yes it's the beacon stop...get off and there will be taxi's waiting right outside to take you to the facility....

Old 02-22-2008, 05:35 PM

yea the roads are fine ... although your coming from the Albany area Im not sure how they are there but i know down here they are fine ive been in and out of nyc area and stuff today and the roads are fine and i live like 50 mins away from Downstate so Im sure its fine up there. I am going to drive now unless we get more snow but it seems to have stopped already and its about 630pm right now so ill most likely drive but thank you everyone ... i now know for the future if hes still there!! thank you!!

but lillove everything seems to be fine down here id just give ur self extra time just in case because over night things might freeze up