Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New York Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the New York Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 12:46 PM

Question New York Transportation -2005-

My brother is in Moriah Shock and as far as I know, the only bus that goes there is Operation Prison Gap which is a piece of ---- service. My mom and his girl went this past sunday and they got them to the visit at 11am and they made them go back at 2pm. They missed out on 3 hours worth of visit time. They promised them a discount but only for the fact that they made them leave an hour early, not for their mistake of miscalculating time and getting there late.

Does anyone know of any other bus that goes to Moriah Shock??
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2005, 03:07 PM

Hey Everone Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!
The Owner Of A Van Service Is Trying To Get A Van To Go To Camphill From New York But He Needs More People...
If N E 1 Is Interested Call Justin 646-294-1180.... Peace
Old 01-04-2005, 04:26 PM

HELPPPP!! TRYING TO GET TO SCI CAMPHILL BY BUS OR VAN. WENT THRU ALMOST 20 #'S WITH NO LUCK..............
HELP!!!!!
Old 01-20-2005, 01:25 PM

Im looking for a van service in philadelphia pa going to allenwood,pa any body know any or is ther anyone from philly going to allenwood pa whos driving or would help drive
Old 01-20-2005, 09:10 PM
Only the strong survive

Default Wende

Does anyone know of any bus service that goes to Wende. What is the length of the trip as well. Any info appreciated
Old 01-26-2005, 03:17 PM
Dee

Default F&M Bus

Hi, I heard that F&M Bus service to Barehill, Upstate and Franklin now charges 75 bucks! I lost the number to them and I plan on going next month for the last time to take his coming home clothes. Has anyone heard about this?
Old 01-26-2005, 03:41 PM

F&M I ride with every week it is only 55 dollars to ride with them every week there number is 718-949-0813

Last edited by clarkslady; 01-26-2005 at 03:43 PM..
Old 01-26-2005, 09:43 PM

Hi , does anyone know of a Bus or Van Service that does Trailer visits to Attica . My husband and I were just approved , but I have no clue as to weather I should take Amtrack , Grey hound , an bus or vanservice will be so much more convienient
Or If there is anyone from NYC who has had trailers at Attica can share with me their travel plans.
I would really appreciate it
Old 02-03-2005, 03:15 AM

Hello everyone,
This is the first time I am going to see my hubby since they sent him upstate. He is in Groveland CF. I am going to see him on Saturday 2/5/05. I am using Unity Bros. this time, but if anyone knows of a free service that goes there, it would be greatly appreciated since I am on a fixed income right now, and with 3 kids, I really can't afford the $50 to go more often than once every other month. I live in the Bronx, NY.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:36 PM

Default Important Transportation Information

Hello PTO NY Family,

There are 2 bus services I need to let everyone know about for your safety if you don't already know about them. There is Carl's Van Service and Island Transportation service. There was an article in a Pennsylvania newspaper about Carl's and how he falls asleep behind the wheel. I was trying to find the website with the article that someone told me about but was unsuccessful Then there is Island, the driver is driving without a license which we know is against the law. We all want to see our loved ones but we also want to have a safe trip there and home. If anyone can find the article about Carl's that would be great to read.

Hope everyone has a safe trip on there next vist.

Old 02-12-2005, 10:40 PM
Sha's Girl 4 Ever

Default Adirondack

Old 02-12-2005, 10:46 PM
Sha's Girl 4 Ever

Default Adirondack

I just got home from my valentines day trip to adirondack on operation prison gap. Long Trip! The same bus goes up there everyweeked! the same dirty, roach infested, broken seated, broken down on us 2 times, bus. I need help I cannot find any other way to get there. When i bring my kids I drive because they want 60 for me and 30 for my kids to ride this bus(the vcr has been broken for months now). If anyone knows another service to adirondack please post I cant take too much more of prison gap!!
Old 02-13-2005, 08:30 PM

Default Unsafe Van\Transportation Service

Hello PTO NY Family,

There are 2 bus services I need to let everyone know about for your safety if you don't already know about them. There is Carl's Van Service and Island Transportation service. There was an article in a Pennsylvania newspaper about Carl's and how he falls asleep behind the wheel. I was trying to find the website with the article that someone told me about but was unsuccessful. Then there is Island, the driver is driving without a license which we know is against the law. We all want to see our loved ones but we also want to have a safe trip there and home. If anyone can find the article about Carl's that would be great to post.

Hope everyone has a safe trip on there next vist.

Old 02-19-2005, 08:43 AM

Default staten island to downstate directions?

Hi all,

I live in staten island and I want to drive to visit my friend at downstate cf. I've seen directions in line but they look like beginning point is albany. I'm looking for directions from s.i. Via..gothals, otterbridge, verrazano bridges. Do I go thought NJ tp or through bqe....I haven't a clue. Also a friend of mine said that some jails require that you get approval to visit. is this true of downstate? If anyone can give me this info i'd appreciate it. Oh....can you bring food into your loved one such as home made stuff to eat at visit???

Linda
Old 02-20-2005, 09:21 AM

Default What Prison do you Visit and Howdo you get there?

MY baby is in Mid-State and i take Flamboyant Bus Company for 55$
Flamboyant is the only one that takes night visits that I know of.

Just wanted to know how you get up to the prison, and how much it costs.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

</CENTER>
Old 02-20-2005, 09:40 AM

Peace....I travel to Sing Sing and although I drive, my sense of directions is horrible. So I keep it simple and take the Metro North line in the Bronx. The ride is short and comfortable. Taxis are always there at the stop to take those of us to Sing Sing. That cost is one dollar. Prior to Sing Sing, my Beloved was housed at Otisville. For those visits I traveled via Manny Bus Service which picked us at a location (Hostos Community College) in the Bronx. That trip was 30.00 roundtrip. If I had to choose, I rather travel to Otisville...like that prison far better than Sing Sing. Blessings...
Old 02-20-2005, 09:48 AM
home since 8/06

I go with friends and it costs about $50 for the trip and food...

(I moved this post here, because this is a better place for it
Old 03-09-2005, 08:20 PM

Default What transportation Service do you use to go see your loved ones?

The first time I went to go see my baby I used, MAnny's. They didn't make any stops and there wasn't any heat. The last two times I used Flamboyant which was such a drastic change. They made several stops and made it to mid-state on time.

So a thumbs up to flamboyant

thumbs down to manny's

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

</CENTER>
Old 03-09-2005, 08:43 PM

Peace....Sorry to hear that you had bad experiences with Manny...I used his service many times while traveling to Otisville; had no issues...the rides were comfortable. None the less I am pleased that you found a satisifying service. Blessings...
Old 03-11-2005, 04:50 AM
Only the strong survive

Default Bad experience turned good!

I also used Manny's when my boo was in Otisville and he was very reliable, we were always on time and the bus was always empty which was great. Now that he is in Wallkill I use Rosie's I have no complaints but the first time I went with her was total disaster I was told that I would be pick-up at 4:30 I didn't get picked up til 9:30 I was upset hungry you name it. By the time I got to Wallkill it was 12 noon and by the time I turned around visiting hours were over. But it was cool the next time she compensated me on a discount.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:32 PM
Dee

Default Barehill Bus info

Tomorrow my man is released, he thought he was going to be taken to Platsburgh to catch the bus to NYC but he was told by an inmate that a bus comes to the jail and goes to NYC he does not know the name of that bus. I'm suppose to pick him up in NYC but it's confusing. Anyone know anything about this?
Old 03-14-2005, 01:47 PM
Ken's Loving Wife

Call the facility, I am sure that they will know. Good luck and congrats on your man coming home!
Old 03-14-2005, 11:25 PM

hi i was wondering if anyone knows of a bus line that goes to barehill from elmira or some other city close to elmira going to bare hill? thank you
Old 03-15-2005, 09:10 PM
LiL J

I want to go to schuylkill minersville pa from new york anyone know any numbers that is active and i can call soon...thank you
JLove....
Old 03-22-2005, 08:59 PM

Default Anyone Know A Bus Or Train To Get To Cape Vincent Correctional Facility

Hi my name is Jessica and I need to know where I can catch a bus or train to see my boyfriend in Cape Vincent Correctional Facitlity. I am not sure where I can I have been driving myself crazy trying to find one that goes from Newburgh, NY to Cape Vincent. Please someone help me so I can go see my baby.
Thank you,
Jessica
Closed Thread