Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status All discussions relating to specific Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison units, Texas State Jails & Private prisons, and County Jails.

Old 04-19-2009, 03:53 PM

Default questions...questions... questions.....Bradshaw Sate Jail TX

My son was recently transferred to Bradshaw and I also have discovered that there are many posts a mother's heart can not bear to read. The thought of my son not being fed well, or getting beat up is just more than I can take. I feel like I am losing my mind. He wasn't sure if my mailing address was the address on my ID so I wont get on the visitation list for sixty days i am told. I've never not seen him for that long before. I set up my phone to get calls from there but when I did they put in the wrong facility, so if he did try to call it wouldn't go through. oh yea questions. I have a daughter who is 6 and devastated about her brother being in jail. She wants to visit around her birthday. Can we bring a small birthday cake? Can we bring any other food items? I found the site for Rosie's Graphics which i am going to use so he can use his money on food and the likes instead of paper and envelopes. Can Stamps be sent? Can I send pictures of our family (mostly his sister)? If something happens to him, like he gets sick or beat up, are the required to notify anyone? aside from writing materials, is there anything else i can have sent to him. In the first letter I got he asked for a magazine and I did that but it takes 6-12 weeks to start arriving. I'd like to send him anything I can send but I don't know what to send. seems like i had more questions, but that's all i can think of now. Thanks in advance for any replies, advice and prayers.

Praying for everyone whose life is touched by Bradshaw

Brandonsmama
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2009, 04:13 PM

sorry but you cant take anything in with you but,your Id & change, it has to be in a clear zip-lock baggie.they have snack machines in there you can buy him & your self sodas & snacks.i take $10.00 in change everytime.things are pretty high in machine,it takes the whole $10.00 on him while im there.my son is from sherman,so i send him the sherman news paper,but the newspaper office has to send it to him.hope this helps you out.we can just keep praying that our loved ones are safe in there and come home soon.all they have to look forward to in bradshaw is mail,visits & comasarry.i write my son everday so he gets mail ever day except sunday.yes you can send pictures,my son has about 300,they can buy a photo album on comasarry.you have to ware pants no shorts,no flip-flops.i know what you mean about your address not matcing what they have.my mom drove all the way from MO. AND THEY WOULD NOT LET HER IN.SHE HAS NOW CHANGED HER ADDRESS SHE GETS A 4 HOUR VISIT CAUSE SHE LIVES MORE THAN 300 MILES
Old 04-19-2009, 07:16 PM
Dual Diagnosis Advocate

Hi brandonsmomma -
We all know your feeling about your son being in prison, especially a unit like this. We all felt that when we heard the news of the transfer.

As for stamps, unfortunately you cannot send stamps...they must be purchased thru Commissary. The writing materials from Rosie's Graphics is perfect...anything on that website can go in to him. As Tamra said, unfortunately there is no food or gifts allowed at visitation, just the absolute basics (change for snack machines, ID, keys). I would advise you read the Forum about Visitation...it will answer more of your questions on what to wear, what to bring (and not to bring), etc.

As for letting us know if something goes on...I've never been contacted if my husband is sick. He's (thank the Lord) never gotten hurt -- I would imagine if any inmate is seriously injured they would hopefully contact someone, but I'm not sure. We have a little one, and my husband has missed his growing up on a regular basis since he was 3 months old, so I send lots of photos...but I personally send most of them printed out from my color printer on letter paper so he doesnt have scattered photos to keep up with. Send anything you can that he likes: newspapers, magazines, books, etc...they all have to come from a publisher/book store. I use Amazon.com, myself.

God bless!
"We're all tough on crime, but we've got to be smart & that isn't necessarily 'Lock em up & throw away the key,' but providing programs & insight to do things differently than before." ~ Rep. Madden ; "It makes more sense to keep nonviolent offenders in community treatment centers - where they could get help, than to imprison them." ~ Sen. Whitmire
The Following User Says Thank You to strawberry6977 For This Useful Post:
retired-37 (06-09-2009)