Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Institution for Men (CIM) - Chino
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Institution for Men (CIM) - Chino Topic and discussion specific to CIM- California Institution for Men, located in Chino, California.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:35 PM

Default Questions?questions?questions? Transfers and Mail

Hi, every1, Im new to all this and I have so many questions and i'm hoping u guys can help me out!!! My boyfriend Gabriel is in CIM RCC Gym and I feel like a lost soul! I ususally recieve letters once a week and the last one I got stated that he had seen his counselor on the 10th I believe and that they where going to transfer him out anyday now, which has been about 18 days ago. I've called the inmate locator and they say he is still there and I have called the prison records and they give me the same housing info. but no new letter from my mijo in 10 days, uuugh. So if anyone has any info on transfers and how long they take or who to talk to, or if there is a stop up in mail or anything i would be sooooo GRATEFUL!!!! Also what can he receive in the mail and how much such as paper, what type and envelopes??? He is currently doing a 7 month violation and im missing him so much but I know im not alone in all this and i am grateful for all u !!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2008, 04:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablosangel View Post
Hi, every1, Im new to all this and I have so many questions and i'm hoping u guys can help me out!!! My boyfriend Gabriel is in CIM RCC Gym and I feel like a lost soul! I ususally recieve letters once a week and the last one I got stated that he had seen his counselor on the 10th I believe and that they where going to transfer him out anyday now, which has been about 18 days ago. I've called the inmate locator and they say he is still there and I have called the prison records and they give me the same housing info. but no new letter from my mijo in 10 days, uuugh. So if anyone has any info on transfers and how long they take or who to talk to, or if there is a stop up in mail or anything i would be sooooo GRATEFUL!!!! Also what can he receive in the mail and how much such as paper, what type and envelopes??? He is currently doing a 7 month violation and im missing him so much but I know im not alone in all this and i am grateful for all u !!!!!
Hey Girl...hope you hear from your honey soon.

Well my husband recieved his transfer papers dated for February 14...still there...suppose to go to San Luis Obispo...anywho, I spoke to his counselor and he stated that it can take along time, said he's probably waiting on a bed and a ride up there...then my husband told me that theres a guy in there doing 12 months on a violation and he's on his 10th month there, in reception...can you believe that....and then my husband see's buses coming and going taking guys out...and also my husband said recently that the prison he's going to can put him at the bottom of the list if he has history of being bad and starting trouble...just to prolong him from going to their prison....so I dont know....honey all cases are different.

I send my husband envelopes with the stamps already on them (20) at a time, and I send about 50 pages of paper....Ive sent him books straight from Amazon and Ive also sent him magazines directly from the source....

Good Luck to you and hope you hear from him soon.

Blessings!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:18 AM
♥♥♥He is HOME!!!!♥♥♥
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,122 Times in 707 Posts

Yeah, it could be a while before he gets moved. My love has been there in Reception for 8 months. Mail has been screwed up again over the last few weeks and it sucks!!! My love did not get any mail from me last week...

Togetherforever pretty much summed up what you can send in, but you can send in up to 12 no2 pencils also. I send in more than 50 sheets of paper at a time, I also send in blank colored computer paper, the guys in there really appreciate that!!!

"When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life a thousand reasons to smile"

Old 04-30-2008, 04:02 PM

Thanks so very much!! I finally heard from him and he has recieved his transfer papers to Corcoran, but now that i know that it might take a while hopefully he will just finish his 41/2 months there. Who knows???? Im just trying to hang in there and continue to love him with all my heart.. thanx girls
Old 04-30-2008, 05:17 PM
He's finally Home!!!!!!

Thanked 5,480 Times in 3,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablosangel View Post
Thanks so very much!! I finally heard from him and he has recieved his transfer papers to Corcoran, but now that i know that it might take a while hopefully he will just finish his 41/2 months there. Who knows???? Im just trying to hang in there and continue to love him with all my heart.. thanx girls
You never know if he'll finish his 4 1/2 months there. It would make sence that he would since his time is so short but the CDC isn't famous for doing things that make sence. I know of people that their guy has just a month left and they transfer them. Never know.