Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Illinois Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Old 08-27-2019, 07:57 PM

Default Sending money - WU or jpay?

Is jpay (if I send a money order) quick? Apparently you send it to a lock box in Florida??

Or is western union better? What all do I need? IDOC is super vague..

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2019, 11:36 PM
It is what it is
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,532 Times in 2,247 Posts

Yes, the money order has to be mailed to Florida. The IDOC website should have a link to the form you need to fill out and mail with the money order. It's been years since I've sent a money order, but I believe it took around 10 days for the money to be added to his books.

I prefer to use Connect Network and just use my debit card. It takes maybe 24 hours or less for the money to be added. Their fee to transfer money is less than WU and Jpay. It's only a dollar or so, but anywhere I can save money I take advantage. A link to create a free account should also be on IDOC's website.
Old 08-28-2019, 08:28 AM

My husband's prison doesn't accept JPay but we do have the option in federal to send a money order to Iowa (he's in Arkansas) or to use WU. I prefer to use WU because it's there in 2-4 hours and he can email me to let me know he's gotten it, how much is taken, if any, and I know it's all good. If for some reason it would get lost in transition I would know quickly and fix it. Sure it costs more but it's not a horrible fee for the piece of mind it gives.
Old 08-29-2019, 07:43 PM

Illinois.Pal:

hola chica, si.
J-pay, i've utilized to send a familia (cousin)doing tim in IL., til November. He almost home, but i sent him a few bucks."

He finally getting out 11/03 or 11/17 and i know his homie Mike in MO.,(Missouri also use J-Pay) et.al.,

However, my man was doing time, there in KANE COUNTY, for a minute, about 1 year and 5 months awaiting plea or trial, that occurred months ago.

(For him, i know the county utilized Legacy,et.al.,) and now he is in prison, so it es (J-pay) at my man's facility, that i have yet needed to use,
but i know it's available, for him, and the men doing time there. Good luck... God bless...Adios...

Life is too short to "settle."

#Strength is Power.

#KnowyourWorth

T.A.A.S.(there are ALWAYS signs.)Don't ignore them.

Last edited by a.rare.love; 08-29-2019 at 07:45 PM..
Old 08-29-2019, 09:03 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.rare.love View Post
Illinois.Pal:

hola chica, si.
J-pay, i've utilized to send a familia (cousin)doing tim in IL., til November. He almost home, but i sent him a few bucks."

He finally getting out 11/03 or 11/17 and i know his homie Mike in MO.,(Missouri also use J-Pay) et.al.,

However, my man was doing time, there in KANE COUNTY, for a minute, about 1 year and 5 months awaiting plea or trial, that occurred months ago.

(For him, i know the county utilized Legacy,et.al.,) and now he is in prison, so it es (J-pay) at my man's facility, that i have yet needed to use,
but i know it's available, for him, and the men doing time there. Good luck... God bless...Adios...
Hey mama Hru?! Did you guys ever end up getting the marriage packet??

Id like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.

Old 08-30-2019, 06:35 AM

Thanked 1,079 Times in 483 Posts

I use the GTL app exclusively now for monthly commissary as well as messaging. I stopped using JPay when GTL started with messages....
The Following User Says Thank You to trauma4us For This Useful Post:
jessesgirl1111 (08-30-2019)
Old 10-31-2019, 11:21 PM

I use ConnectNetwork that’s also where I do my wife’s commissary funds and emails it’s also cheaper
The Following User Says Thank You to ObsidianMonroe For This Useful Post:
jessesgirl1111 (11-01-2019)
Old 11-01-2019, 09:51 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsidianMonroe View Post
I use ConnectNetwork thats also where I do my wifes commissary funds and emails its also cheaper
Same.

Id like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.