Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEVADA > Nevada Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Nevada Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, halfway house, community service, etc in Nevada should be posted here.

Old 06-11-2018, 12:33 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 9,196 Times in 3,886 Posts
Default What advice can I give to a inmate at his 2nd parole hearing in Nevada?

My friend is facing his second parole hearing in Nevada. He thought he had a good chance last time but was given a three year dump. He has engaged in education and has obtained a degree, he is on a dog training program, he has had no write ups for 5 years and he has good family contacts.

His charge is murder 2nd degree and he got 10 to life he has now served 13 years.

He is still bitter about his co defendants who testified against him to get lighter sentences and I have reminded him his parole hearing is not the place for those conversations.
He is however remorseful.
I am just not sure what to advise him other than be honest and answer questions as well as he can.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2018, 08:26 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,281 Times in 14,838 Posts

Tell him to accept responsibility. No ifs, ands, or buts....and no mention of the co-d. And absolutely Do Not make excuses for the charges that got him in prison. No "wrong place, wrong time, No I did "this" but not "that." As far as the Board is concerned he's 100% guilty of what he was convicted of.

He should be able to write a letter to the Board ahead of the actual hearing. I'm not sure that he'd be given an opportunity to give a short speech or just be answering their questions. IMHO, I think he cold get more said in a letter than he'll have the chance to say in person. Besides, its too easy to leave things out that you meant to say (in person). And letters can be reread / edited before sending.

He can list all the positive things he's done to correct his behavior / thinking. List goals and plans for furthering his recovery / education / employment. List things that highlight the stability of the environment he'll parole to and the financial / moral support he'll have when released. Accentuate the positive

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
maytayah (06-12-2018)