Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 07:38 PM

And whites fear blacks. And straights fear gays.

Deal with it. Not everyone is just like you. If you don't want to be around them, stay inside your home forever. You don't get to make them stay home so that you can feel safe.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2017, 07:45 PM
Owned

Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,494 Posts

Yes - please. Original topic.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to safran For This Useful Post:
K6770 (09-17-2017), missingdee (09-16-2017)
Old 09-16-2017, 07:54 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,515 Times in 1,507 Posts
Default Female Inmates Feel Endangered by Trans Women in Prison

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnsgaig View Post
And whites fear blacks. And straights fear gays.

Deal with it. Not everyone is just like you. If you don't want to be around them, stay inside your home forever. You don't get to make them stay home so that you can feel safe.

Funny, because 1.) I never assumed anyone else was like me. God. That would be scary. I might disagree with myself, and who knows when that argument would end. 2.). If you bothered to read any of what I said, you would know I personally have no issues with transgendered. Just with how they are housed while incarcerated. Which I have spelled out. And I'd say I have provided evidence here already that I get out in the world just fine. Climb mountains even. I don't know that any of the people there were transgendered and I didn't think about it, but I also am not a woman being housed with MTF trans nor am I a MTF trans trying to be housed with women. 3.) They are welcome on the mountain with me. They are welcome to worship in the church of their choice. They are welcome to decide to be men again for all I care. But once they have been arrested, they lose control over many of those things. And in my opinion, if they still have a penis, they should not be housed with women. I have stated the reasons I feel this way and explained the risk involved.

Again. Please return to the original topic.
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas
Old 09-16-2017, 08:53 PM
Owned

Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,494 Posts

rnsgaig

Men plan, G-d laughs and women cry.

Last edited by safran; 09-16-2017 at 08:56 PM..
Old 09-16-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingdee View Post
Funny, because 1.) I never assumed anyone else was like me. God. That would be scary. I might disagree with myself, and who knows when that argument would end. 2.). If you bothered to read any of what I said, you would know I personally have no issues with transgendered. Just with how they are housed while incarcerated. Which I have spelled out. And I'd say I have provided evidence here already that I get out in the world just fine. Climb mountains even. I don't know that any of the people there were transgendered and I didn't think about it, but I also am not a woman being housed with MTF trans nor am I a MTF trans trying to be housed with women. 3.) They are welcome on the mountain with me. They are welcome to worship in the church of their choice. They are welcome to decide to be men again for all I care. But once they have been arrested, they lose control over many of those things. And in my opinion, if they still have a penis, they should not be housed with women. I have stated the reasons I feel this way and explained the risk involved.

Again. Please return to the original topic.
You have said that you have no issue with transgender women and neither does Dee and they should have all of the rights they want, as long as it doesn't effect either of you in a way that you are not comfortable with. In that case they should be treated differently.

They lose control over many things when they are arrested. Obviously. And that includes Dee and her friends. And us if we are ever arrested. We lose control over where we are and who we are with and we no longer get to chose to be around only those that we are comfortable with. I do not wish to be around violent offenders. That includes my LO because I have never entirely wrapped my head around what he did. When he gets out in a few years I will see him and spend time with him and try to help him get his life back on track. That's my responsibility. But he won't live with me. I know his history too well and I don't want to worry about him getting high or stealing from me or getting into fights with my neighbors or guests. I hope he makes better choices and I believe that he will, but when it comes to him I have been wrong many times before.

I get to make that choice because I have not forfeited that right by committing a crime. If I were to do something that resulted in a prison sentence than I would be housed with violent offenders. And I would be justifiably afraid of them. That fear would be based on what they have done, not what color their skin is or their sexuality or which genitals they have. Yet I am sure I would not be able to kick them out of MY prison because I have a very real fear. At least not if they have vaginas.

That's really what it comes down to. Who does this space belong to? Who owns it, and who gets to control who is in it? At home it is my husband and I. In prison it is the state or federal government. The inmates are only occupants. However, this whole argument is based on a misguided belief that born female inmates have or should have some kind of control or even a voice in who the other occupants are. If it were a hotel, owned by a private company and I was a guest, I can't tell them who they should or should not rent other rooms to. Even if my fears are justified. Maybe it's a male with a penis and he could attack me in the common areas or break into my room. Men do that sometimes. A lot of men are in prison for raping women. I could start making a list of names of men who have committed sexual violence to prove that men rape women and as a woman I should not have to fear for my safety by sleeping in the same building as someone with a penis. As a non-owner temporary occupant, wouldn't it be the epitome of arrogance and entitlement to demand a voice in those decisions? The logical, rationale, non-entitled thing to do is not be there. Either by making better life choices or by requesting isolation.

It's not their prison. It's the government's. And the government, especially in California and a few other liberal states, is beginning to treat transgender women equal to other women and prisons are starting to catch up. There is nothing that you or I or Dee or her friends can do about it. This discussion won't change it. Might as well get used to it and plan your lives accordingly.

I am pretty much done with this discussion since it is really just going in circles.
The Following User Says Thank You to rnsgaig For This Useful Post:
Nickel Timer (09-17-2017)
Closed Thread