Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Oklahoma prison & jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:43 PM
The 1 he cant ever let go

How in the world would sending your loved one risque photos stop him from succeeding?!?! The most it would do is help them relieve some frustration lol. Which I think thats better than taking out frustration on other inmates!
Old 03-13-2009, 07:46 PM

keep in mind staff will see those pic. and could use that against the inmate by making commets to the inmate to piss him off and bust him down. Other inmate will see and make rude commets and then your guy has to defend your honor.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:48 PM
chin up, boots laced
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,087 Times in 806 Posts

Hasn't happened in the 5 years we have been doing this. Anything could happen for any reason. Ya know?
Old 03-17-2009, 02:03 PM

Oh for goodness sakes...I am biting my tongue rather than just blurting out what I feel & think about all of this. Is there not enough going on that we have nothing more to discuss nude photos? However since this seems to be an issue for someone I can't seem to comprehend how you as a volunteer are able to see all this sex & nude photos you are voicing concern over. I understand where docwatch is coming from in in prewarning the possibilities just don't understand how you are getting soooo much 1st hand experince. I appreciate you letting everyone know that real contraband is a nuicance & does create additional problems for everyone. I do believe we would all benfeit from knowledge you have experinced while inside volunterring. Like excatly what is it you do & are you allowed in their cells? Please do share more insight. Just try to keep in mind that your approach to help may be coming out wrong with how & where you say it
Old 04-28-2009, 06:27 PM

Default Osr

I sent my son a calendar w/everyone's bd's, etc. written on it. At first they weren't going to let him have it, but the book store I bought it at, verified that I stood there and wrote all the information in it, right before they mailed it. Art books with nudity is fine...no penetration. Even kid nude photos are accepted (like playing in the bathtub I guess). No tattoo books. Nothing from Amazon. I have ordered off of Amazon, but bought a used book, that comes from an individual vendor and that was fine. I have been printing off our family geneology stuff for him, too. I figure I have his attention for the next few years, he might as well be learning about his ancestors! lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chovey For This Useful Post:
Bishopsgirl (05-29-2009), lisamarie.1984 (01-10-2010)
Old 05-02-2009, 07:23 PM

Default Ok State Reformatory

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylormade View Post
hmm Lee says that over at OSP anything goes as long as no penetration..
I sent my sone 2 paperback books. Just mysteries. They were mailed from Amazon.com and they were not allowed. I called and they told me no packages. they said he can only have what he buys himself through the cantene. Does anyone know about his place?
Old 01-23-2010, 12:03 AM
Miss Jamie

Hey does anyone know what can and cant be sent to someone in OSP?????
Old 09-02-2010, 03:17 PM

Default Return Address?

I have a question, I'm not allowed contact right now with my love, but what if I sent a letter without a return address, will he get it?
Old 09-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Prison volunteer/mentor

all mail MUST have return addresses or the mail will be trashed and they will not be given to your loved one.
The Following User Says Thank You to odelljrg For This Useful Post:
dardoofe (09-02-2010)
Old 01-03-2011, 07:10 AM

If I send anythin other then a plain letter I send it to Jess Dunn they seem to be a bit more relaxed. They accepted his books I got him from Amazon. He;s currently at DOC overflow Okmulgee Co. If I send a letter with 1 too many airmail stickers to Ok co, they send it back and theyve even denied him a letter which they say included a photo copy in. which was a outright lie. Theys a absolute frikkin nitemare. Ima be so happy when he gets to a yard then at least the mail situation can be resolved.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:05 AM

Any one know what can be sent to William Key in Ft Supply?????????????
Old 01-05-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsdavis View Post
Any one know what can be sent to William Key in Ft Supply?????????????
You can send pictures, but nothing too risque. (in otherwords, no nudity)

Do not use highlighter on your letters, nor marker. They won't be allowed to receive those letters because "they" think there may be drugs in the marker areas. (This was told to me directly by the lady who works in the mail room.)

Do not send any emails or web pages that show internet address or email address.

You can "perfume" a blank sheet of paper, include it with your letter, the blank paper will be thrown away, and your letter will still smell like perfume. (Also quoted directly by the lady in the mail room.)

Call the mail room if you need further clarification. The lady there is pretty nice. 580-766-2224
Old 01-05-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by He'sMyBabyLove View Post
You can send pictures, but nothing too risque. (in otherwords, no nudity)

Do not use highlighter on your letters, nor marker. They won't be allowed to receive those letters because "they" think there may be drugs in the marker areas. (This was told to me directly by the lady who works in the mail room.)

Do not send any emails or web pages that show internet address or email address.

You can "perfume" a blank sheet of paper, include it with your letter, the blank paper will be thrown away, and your letter will still smell like perfume. (Also quoted directly by the lady in the mail room.)

Call the mail room if you need further clarification. The lady there is pretty nice. 580-766-2224

Thank you so much, I am noticing there a huge differences depending on the prison. i have perfume on a card it went thru but he wrote to becare so things didnt get rejected but if they said that i can do it to blank paper I am all in. Thank you for the help. I'm trying hard to do what i can until I have the money to go down and visit to keep him in good spirits. 889 miles there lookin at 220 in gas alone UCK
Old 01-05-2011, 05:40 PM

Is it possible to send them stamps?
Old 01-06-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Is it possible to send them stamps?
No, you can not send stamps.
You can send a money order that they can use to buy stamps (and of course, they can also use the same money order to buy other food/toiletry items from canteen).
Old 01-06-2011, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Thank you so much, I am noticing there a huge differences depending on the prison. i have perfume on a card it went thru but he wrote to becare so things didnt get rejected but if they said that i can do it to blank paper I am all in. Thank you for the help. I'm trying hard to do what i can until I have the money to go down and visit to keep him in good spirits. 889 miles there lookin at 220 in gas alone UCK
He has to put in a request with his CM for a special visit If approved you can usually visit several days in a row.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:36 AM

It really depends on what facility theys in. When J was at DLM they were pretty good with envelopes with stickers, press cuttins and photo copies.
Now he's at OCCJ and to say theys a frikkin nitemare is a understatement. One airmail sticker to many and the letter got refused. No photocopies or fancy stickers on the envelope. So if I mail anything other than a standard letter I send it to Jess Dunn ( I sent his Christmas from Amazon there too) theys pretty good and accept perfume sprayed letters, press cuttins photo copies and printed pics. It might take a couple of weeks longer since the cart only goes over to OCCJ every 10 days but at least I have piece of mind he will get it.

This womans heart belongs to a man
who is incarcerated by the
Oklahoma Dept Of Corrections
Old 11-26-2011, 10:12 AM
travslady

when my ex was in oklahoma city , not sure which facility my kids mailed a big ass box off to him and it had socks and shoes and books and i dont know what all , and yes he was in a prison unit there he later went to halfway house for three months , but i am not sure which place he was at but i know they sent him books and he got them just fine ..must have been a very low risk place he only got a yr. in and then two probation . but i was hoping all oklahomas prisons would allow books , oh well i will just order and have them sent in from amazon...thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to travslady For This Useful Post:
my prison kids (03-20-2012)
Old 04-04-2014, 03:55 PM

ok im late to the party (lol) but anyone weigh in, experience on what "mail rules" for JBCC? photos?( im not brave enough for nudie or even bra/undie/bikini shots, but if i work up the courage(and he asked for them) would that be allowed? or not? if no "risque" pics, no biggie, not end of the world but would regular photos of normal attire ( t shirts, jeans/shorts,ect=probably matching a visitors dress code) be allowed? or not even that? i was hoping to at least send photos of his dog to him. on mail, i had issues w letters being returned from tulsa co bc i had perfume on them. would this also be a concern at JBCC? i heard something on earlier post of no marker/ highlighter? so far ive kept it safe w hand written letters, ink pen, no curse words, no perfume. any input on JBCC mail rules/protocols thanks in advance
Old 04-11-2014, 09:38 PM

my husband is in a federal camp. am i allowed to send him my picture with just panties and bra on?????? lol it's his bday in a week and this will be my first time doing this ever it's kinda sad and at the same time kind of disturbing on my part. shy type but im willing to keep the fire burning for him to focus on bettering himself! am i crazy? i really wanna send him those pics!!! helpppp desperate person here!!!
Old 11-21-2015, 02:45 PM
Donation Award 

can inmates have used books if they're sent from a bookstore? I tried to send a used book off amazon and it was denied