Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered People in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered People in Prison For anyone that has a same sex partner, family member, friend or Pen Pal in prison that is Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, or Transgendered.

Old 01-10-2016, 03:34 PM

Default Are there really THAT many gay inmates in Kentucky?

hello people in hear i have went thru about 250 Kentucky pen pals that were all a mix of all creeds colors and sex prefferances .out of the 250 their were 110 that claimed gay or bi .i find if really odd that their is that many gay or bi males in the prison in Kentucky .if you look at the pictures and what they say it dose not add up .
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2016, 01:17 PM

Thanked 1,979 Times in 849 Posts

It is a strange thing, but it appears that in most of the KY facilities, gays are not persecuted like in most other states and in the federal system. So maybe it is easier for (1) actual gays to be open and (2) scammers can claim to be gay and not get beat up if someone finds out they listed themselves as gay or bi. Just a thought.

I have had a penpal in KY for 6 years now. We have no romantic relationship, just a good friendship. He says he is gay and even had a bf on the inside for a while. Whether he is actually gay or not, I suppose doesn't really matter, why would it? Not like either of us has plans of being together when he gets out. I do send my friend a little for calls and some food, but it has always been a set 'allowance' and what I can afford.

As far as scamming, well I went that route with what turned out to be a low life in federal. Before getting into a gay penpal situation, be clear and honest with yourself as to why you are getting into this to sart with. If you are looking for that special someone to come home to you, you will get hurt!
The Following User Says Thank You to Tried&True For This Useful Post:
jdpierce21 (05-19-2017)
Old 01-11-2016, 02:14 PM
Certified Recluse
Donation Award 

"Are there really THAT many gay inmates in Kentucky?"

Short answer: no. Don't be fooled. Probably 99.99% that advertize themselves as gay are scammers. I'll probably get some flack for this. Kentucky also has an explicit mail policy of not allowing any homosexual content (pictures or text), so its more backwards than some other states in that regard.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marco1969 For This Useful Post:
dutchjim (01-11-2016), SadTodd (01-19-2016)
Old 01-11-2016, 05:18 PM
Not Into Bars Scene

Please heed Tried & True's comment that if you think you're going to find that special someone to come home to you, you won't. And that's not just because of it being a scam. I am speaking from first-hand experience. A lot of guys really are gay, bi or become bi on the inside. They will fall in love with you because you care about them and help take care of them. And they may genuinely appreciate it and love you for who you are and what you do for them. But when they get out, that isolated, lonely existence is no more, and you are more than likely to find yourself at the bottom of their to-do list, whether it's because he's trying to piece a life together or just wants to chase pussy. Plus, I've found it's just such a monumental psychological adjustment after release that the man you knew on the inside can easily become a mess when he hits the streets. It's a beautiful thing to write an inmate as a charitable and caring gesture. But if you're thinking you're going to find that special someone this way, then you really need to stop what you're doing and work on yourself and examine why you are seeking such a thing in such an incredibly stressful, difficult, low percentage of success situation. Trust me, you don't want the pain and disappointment of waiting a long time for someone you've grown to truly love only to find it crash and burn shortly after his release. Go seek love with someone of equal stability and income as you. But if you want to say to him that you don't mind seeing where something goes once he's out and you can spend quality time together, then go for it, but don't stop your search in the meantime, and don't think lavishing him with money is going to make him be loyal to you when those gates open. And don't be surprised if that "time together" once he's release never materializes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wallhut For This Useful Post:
Minor activist (09-23-2016), Tried&True (01-12-2016)
Old 01-11-2016, 07:24 PM
DaddyJim

Default Due dilligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespritinnc View Post
hello people in hear i have went thru about 250 Kentucky pen pals that were all a mix of all creeds colors and sex prefferances .out of the 250 their were 110 that claimed gay or bi .i find if really odd that their is that many gay or bi males in the prison in Kentucky .if you look at the pictures and what they say it dose not add up .
"it dose not add up".
Correct you are. Do your research. Google the following:
  • Name + mugshot.
  • Full name.
  • Name + state.
  • Name + crime.
  • Name + felon or felony.
  • Name + date of crime.
  • His profile at his state doc.
  • Go to Topix dot com Kentucky.
  • All of the prison inmate pen pal sites.
  • Name then go to images on Google search.
  • NSOPW through the DOJ and enter his name.
  • FBI Sex Offender Registry.
  • Go to individual state sex offender sites sites.
Due diligence. Nobody is going to do it for you. You will be surprised at what these men are up to. Happens in other states, but Kentucky is on top.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dutchjim For This Useful Post:
jdpierce21 (05-19-2017), marco1969 (01-13-2016), Northshoreman1 (01-23-2016)
Old 01-17-2016, 12:17 PM

thank you all for your advice and truths i can pick out the bull crappers out
Old 09-23-2016, 07:59 PM
Banned

Since it is not possible that 40% of a random sampling of 250 people are gay, it means most are lying about it. And, even if they are gay or bi, they may still be lying about other things. Please be careful.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:31 PM

It's happens in every state guys put they are gay or bisexual so men will write as well.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:34 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchjim View Post
"it dose not add up".
Correct you are. Do your research. Google the following:
  • Name + mugshot.
  • Full name.
  • Name + state.
  • Name + crime.
  • Name + felon or felony.
  • Name + date of crime.
  • His profile at his state doc.
  • Go to Topix dot com Kentucky.
  • All of the prison inmate pen pal sites.
  • Name then go to images on Google search.
  • NSOPW through the DOJ and enter his name.
  • FBI Sex Offender Registry.
  • Go to individual state sex offender sites sites.
Due diligence. Nobody is going to do it for you. You will be surprised at what these men are up to. Happens in other states, but Kentucky is on top.
Thanks for the list. What type of things are you looking for when Google'ing their information?
Old Yesterday, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
It's happens in every state guys put they are gay or bisexual so men will write as well.
It's not just guys. My wife knows a lot of dishonest (fellow) inmates who "john write" to get money or for other reasons.
The Following User Says Thank You to WaitingWilkes For This Useful Post:
DanielsWyf (Yesterday)