Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of New Jersey, including lockdowns.

Old 02-07-2019, 10:18 PM

Question What number shows on caller ID for phone calls from CRAF?

Does anyone know what number comes up when an inmate calls from CRAF? I receive a lot of telemarketer/scam calls lately and don't normally pick up numbers I dont know but I would hate to miss his call after waiting so long!!

Also, does anyone know if I get him a tablet if he would be able to bring it with him when he's transferred to his prison? He had originally told me to wait but I've seen online that some people bring them home and I don't know if they were from NJ or if it works the same way when they're assigned to their prison.

Thank you in advance for anyone who may be able to give me some info in this anxiety-filled time!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2019, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 9,347 Times in 3,639 Posts

If he asked you to wait, then I would wait. He knows a lot more about what's going on inside than you do, and he probably doesn't have the time (or possibly ability) to fill you in on all the information you need to know.

Remember that all mail and phone calls are now recorded. So he may know something about what's going on that he's afraid to share with you. Always assume, in situations like this, that he knows something you don't.

Also, I can't speak for NJ specifically, but generally in pretty much every state, he'll have to carry everything he owns with him when he moves from CRAF to wherever he's going to end up - usually in big garbage bags and not handled gently. So there's a couple of issues there: 1) anything he owns that's breakable will probably get broken, and 2) it's added weight for him to carry around. Some prisons in Oregon, the distance between receiving and the unit they're going to may be up to half a mile - carrying all that stuff in garbage bags.

In this instance, I would sit on my hands and respect his wishes to not send him anything just yet.

Hang in there - you are so close to the end of the worst part! Breathe. Breathe again. Soon you'll know what's going on.
Old 02-08-2019, 04:00 PM

Okay so here’s the Craf Update as my guy just left there last night..

He got there Friday, in and out in 6 days. My cell phone was approved, I talked to CRAF, DOC, and a supervisor all at GTL that stated cell phones are now permitted in Prisons. Once I reach 25 posts I can post the link on the doc site where it says it..

It took him about 5 days to get my number approved on his call list. He was able to JPay message me by Wednesday. Apparently they don’t load messages at Craf over the weekend . There is a 5-6 hour gap between sending messages. Don’t buy him the tablet because he’ll have access to a kiosk and chances are by the time he gets to his home prison, he’ll still not have the tablet. Call up Craf Monday between 9-4 and ask for inmate locator - give them his SBI # and they will tell you where he is and where he is going just not when. If you need his SBI#, check on the DOC page.

I’m literally like 2 days ahead of you in steps so I can walk you through this if you like!
The Following User Says Thank You to Abjnj123 For This Useful Post:
MMD22 (02-09-2019)
Old 02-08-2019, 04:03 PM

Also! Go to the gtl app and make sure you change your facility to department of corrections! It’s the universal location for all prisons on the app .. 609-815-3006 is the number you’ll be looking for on your caller ID from Craf
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abjnj123 For This Useful Post:
GingerM (02-09-2019), MMD22 (02-09-2019)
Old 02-08-2019, 04:04 PM

https://www.state.nj.us/corrections/...phoneCalls.pdf

I can finally post the link
The Following User Says Thank You to Abjnj123 For This Useful Post:
GingerM (02-09-2019)