Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in New Jersey that do not fit into any other New Jersey sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 07:31 PM
adebunm8s adebunm8s is offline
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: new jersey USA
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Sentencing mixup

My boyfriend's sentencing has been mixed up and i'm not sure what to do... He was sentenced to 3 yrs with 18 months mandatory and giving 1 yr jail credit by the judge and when he first got to CRAF(Central Reception Processing Assignment) they didn't have his jail credit. He was then transferred to his permanent prison assignment (Southern State Correctional Facility) and is now being told that his sentence was consecutive so its a 6/3 not 3/18. He was sentenced to 3/18 and give 1 year jail credit on April 20 2012 and we were told by his lawyer that he would be elegible for parole by November 2012 at the latest. How can we straighten the mixup?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2012, 04:57 AM
CenTexLyn CenTexLyn is offline
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: TX-US
Posts: 14,913
Thanks: 648
Thanked 11,111 Times in 6,008 Posts

first thing you need to do is take a look at what is on the sentence and judgment paperwork signed off on by the Court...that will dictate what the next step ought to be.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:22 PM
trosa trosa is offline
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 342
Thanks: 373
Thanked 146 Times in 97 Posts

Call his lawyer and get his judgement of conviction and see what it says. Then if that is wrong talk to the lawyer and ask him why it says what it does. If it says what you think it says call classification and ask if you can send a copy of the document. See if that helps.
Reply With Quote


craf, jail credit, new jersey, sentencing mix up, sscf

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:42 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2019 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics