Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ALABAMA > Alabama General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Alabama General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Alabama that do not fit into any other Alabama subforum. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind in addition to prison.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:46 AM
Devoted Girlfriend

Default What really caused the Holman Prison Riot in Alabama on April 5, 2011?

Does anyone have info coming from Holman about yesterday's riot? Some news reports say it started with a cell phone, but some news reports don't even say that much. Any news from inmates at Holman about what really happened?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2011, 01:35 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 12,565 Times in 6,759 Posts

I have a pal at Holman although he is on death row but I havent had a letter in a couple of weeks. Most of the reports I have read say it was over a cell phone

Old 04-09-2011, 11:43 PM
IamMsRussell

My fiance said it started about a cell phone too. Im happy that this did not happen in his dorm.
The Following User Says Thank You to IamMsRussell For This Useful Post:
lisainengland (04-10-2011)
Old 05-31-2011, 10:14 PM

Cell phones are in all the prisons but ask yourself this how do these inmates get these cell phones well the inmates aint going to te store to buy the phones so we all no how these phones are geting inside the prisons but they blame the inmates this i will never understand.so who is really corrup in the prison system/? Yes we all no the real truth.someone needs to put a stop to all this crap geting inside these prisons.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:07 AM

Contraband is brought into prisons in several ways. Yes, employees are one major source. If they're caught they are prosecuted. However, inmate's family members are paying for the contraband items. It's prison. It's meant for punishment. Personally, I think they should install signal blockers and solve the cell phone problem and every prison should have K-9's to search daily for drugs. It would be a lot easier to find the source of contraband with more strict measures.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:38 AM
bamagirl333

r u trying to support someone in prison or what cause it seems like ur so negative and yes they have commited crimes but most of us r on here bcause we have a loved one and were going through a rough time so we kinda try and stay positive and were here to help if possible and ur doing right the opposite so wtf???
Old 12-20-2011, 04:46 AM
bamagirl333

and by the way cell phones can be used for crime but there is people like my man who would use it to call his 2 little girls who love and miss there dad more than anything and he would get to tell them hes in their heart and tell them how much he loves them every night!!! they deserve that... i know guys like that in there who have made stupid mistakes the only difference is is that they got caught and the rest of us didnt weve all made mistakes any guy who can make my angels faced light up is not all bad
Old 12-20-2011, 09:19 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,958 Times in 2,167 Posts

I think the poor guy who barrowed a cell to call home and say he was being released,only to be caught and have to serve another five years says why I think trying to even borrow a cell phone is a very bad idea.
Of course if you never getting out and are in shu then it is probably understandable as to why you would be giving that thousand dollars to get some contact with your loved ones.
Even Charles Manson was able to get a cell phone while in shu.Money talks.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honolulu View Post
Cell phones are in all the prisons but ask yourself this how do these inmates get these cell phones well the inmates aint going to te store to buy the phones so we all no how these phones are geting inside the prisons but they blame the inmates this i will never understand.so who is really corrup in the prison system/? Yes we all no the real truth.someone needs to put a stop to all this crap geting inside these prisons.

I could not agree with you more!!!!