Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MASSACHUSETTS > Massachusetts Parole, Probation, Halfway House and Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Massachusetts Parole, Probation, Halfway House and Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway house, community service in Massachusetts should be posted here.

Old 11-22-2008, 10:44 AM

Default Please help with probation inquiries!

Hello all, just a simple question to those who may know the answer. I am 17 and I was arrested for possession of marijuana (2 grams) and trespassing. I was temporarily sent to the STATE jail, but shortly released for a $5000 bail. First of all, why so much for bail? and why the state jail? I'm a first time offender...
Anyways, I went to court and was put on 6 months drug testing/ probation. My probation officer said that we would meet every 2 weeks for at least 4 months. I gave him my contact information, and went home. I never heard from him again. Could this just be because of the lack of severity of my case? Or was I somehow supposed to set these meetings up/ is it a big deal? Also, I have been drinking while on probation, but completely stopped smoking. Every time I have to go take a test, I drink excessive amounts of water. My main question is : If I had failed any of my 7 tests so far, would I be notified (I.E: warrant for arrest, etc.?) or would I find out on the day of court? Any responses would ease my extremely worried mind. Thanks !
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2008, 12:20 PM

Thanked 3,333 Times in 1,283 Posts

I really do not know how probation works but you may want check out this site Prison Legal Help! they may be able to help you out best of luck to you

The love of God is like the ocean, you can see its beginnings, But Not its end.