Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in New Jersey that do not fit into any other New Jersey sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:01 PM

Smile Intro--KRHforever

I'm new to this site, but I just wanted to thank all of you for your stories, information and advice. My boyfriend was sentenced to do 4 years, for 3 weeks he was in Union County Jail and yesterday they moved him to CRAF. We're hoping this since he's a non-violent (Drug charge) and a first time offender that he will be out within 9 months. We won't know when he's eligible for parole until he's finished being processed at CRAF. All of you here know that when a loved one does time so does their family, lol, so like him I'm a first timer to this whole experience. I've been reading your post and gathering information. Knowing what to expect and how to prepare for it has made this a lot easier for me. When I called and was told they shipped him to CRAF I knew exactly what they meant and what to do next. From the bottom of my heart I thank you guys for your information. And hope that through my posting I am able to offer some comfort to others.

CRAF INFORMATION:
I called them at 609 777 5753 or 609 984 6000, they asked his name and DOB. I was able to get his inmate and SBI # from them. You can send letters as soon as you find out they are transferred there. Don't send overnight or express mail ironically that takes longer to get processed. The maximum allowed per month for commissary in CRAF is $33 however they take 10% off unpaid court imposed fines out of the money before they can get it (This was crazy to be but then again a lot of their policies are). In any case I'm told they will need money for things there, to visit the doctor cost $5, medicine cost $1, stamps, envelops, etc. You can send a regular money order or a postal money order. You make the money order out to: THE INMATE's NAME SBI #
the address is CRAF, PO BOX 7450, TRENTON NJ 08628. This is also the format used for sending mail. I actually sent him a letter and enclosed the money order in it. I was told that they will give the money order to the business office and give him the letter. I'm not sure about other jails but Union County told me that they do not transfer commissary to CRAF, however CRAF says that whatever commissary that is unused will be transferred to the home prison once the inmate is moved. I was told that I would not be allowed to visit him because he's there for classification however if it is decided that CRAF would be his home prison then visits would be allowed. (All the information I provided is based on the person being in CRAF for classification only.)

They said that by Friday we'll know what prison they're sending him to, I'm in northern NJ so I hope they send him to Rahway. But I was also told that the southern prisons are at max capacity so if he is sent to one of them he might be sitting in CRAF waiting for a while. I just can't wait to hold him and kiss him soon. And I can't wait for him to finally be home again.

(I apologize for this being so long)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2008, 06:20 PM
...over easy
Donation Award 

Glad to hear the information found in the threads is helpful....after all, that is what we are all about!
Welcome to PTO and the NJ Forum!

ERacism

...if i know anything at all,
it's that a wall is just a wall
and nothing more at all,
it can be broken down.

---assata shakur
Old 05-07-2008, 06:45 PM

Thank you egs!
Old 05-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,649 Posts

Welcome to PTO!

The Following User Says Thank You to LeaAnn For This Useful Post:
KRHforever (05-07-2008)
Old 11-30-2008, 11:20 AM

my hubby is in jones farm and i cant get and information of his max time. he got days off his max dates that was july 28,09 now they have it for june 20,09. he did his 22mos for a 3 yrs sentened but he did a pv and they give him 4 mos to do and its not showing up.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:38 AM
You+Me+Love = Forever

Thanked 1,117 Times in 850 Posts

Hey KRH, welcome! Glad u found us here in the NJ forum. Come on by anytime and hope we can be a help to you as well. God Bless,

*~Meri~*

*~Courtesy of Stinkerbell~*

Old 12-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Donation Award 

Default Thank you for the info

Welcome and thank you for posting the info on CRAF I am new here and still finding my way around and learning all the terms and stuff. Thank you again. Best of luck to you and your man.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Jonathan's Girl

Yes thanks for the CRAF info, we'll be stuck in that mess soon enough (Jan 23rd my man goes back to county to start a 5-7 yr stint)....I was wondering about CRAF so Thanks again!

Taking you with me everywhere I go,
Never going where you would not follow.