Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of New Jersey, including lockdowns.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:46 AM

Red face NEW JERSEY Transfers from County to CRAF --HELP PLEASE!!!

My boyfriend went into Gloucester County Jail on June 15th, he was waiting to be transfered to prison- I think he has to go to CRAF first to get processed to see which Prison he will be sent to.. When i looked him up online on the DOC website He already has a SBI Number & his Facility listed says CRAF.. based on this info, I sent his letter i wrote to the CRAF facility..but then last night i got a call from County Jail, i wasnt able to recieve it as it was to my cell, but i assume it was him calling- but if he is still in County & hasn't been transferred why would His info online List his current facility as CRAFT? maybe he will be transferred soon? I just dont understand, and i want to make sure if he is in fact still in County & hasnt been transferred yet, that i send him another letter there instead- any one have any insight? Help
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2012, 09:51 AM
Donation Award 

Because even though he is still in County Jail, he is considered a "state" inmate now and serving time towards his sentence. They usually get the information in the system before they move them, but he will be moved at any time now. Depending on how backed up they are at CRAF. Sometimes they are moved within a week sometimes it takes 4 weeks! You can call the county jail and they will tell you if he is still there or not. They will NOT tell you when they are going to move him.

Good Luck!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inspiration For This Useful Post:
dreadswifey77 (01-29-2013), Eitak (07-05-2012)
Old 07-06-2012, 01:11 PM

My fiancé was a state inmate housed at the county jail due to over crowding and such a short term. He never went up on the DOC page. You can do one of two things: call down to the county jail & inquire about his where abouts. If he is still there they will not tell you when he will be transferred due to safety concerns. Or go onto vine link & search his name. My understanding is that he won't show up on the DOC page until he has made it to CRAF. that is how it worked with the time my fiancé was sent down state. Hope this help!
Old 07-06-2012, 09:34 PM
richforever

My boyfriend started out at cape may county and he was there for about two Weeks then he was shipped to CRAF, the.doc website updated as soon as went there. He stayed.at CraF for 2 Weeks and I received one letter while he was there, before I sent another letter back to CRAF I checked the doc website and it said he was already at southern state correctional center, so the.website was a help for me actually itkept me updated. I also called each facility to confirm. When I called craf the lady actually told me what prison he was going to so I already knew but I just didnt know when he was going. I am now writing my first letter to sscf, hopefully I have the correct address and hopefully he replies back soon because noone ever.answers the phone at sscf.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eitak View Post
My boyfriend went into Gloucester County Jail on June 15th, he was waiting to be transfered to prison- I think he has to go to CRAF first to get processed to see which Prison he will be sent to.. When i looked him up online on the DOC website He already has a SBI Number & his Facility listed says CRAF.. based on this info, I sent his letter i wrote to the CRAF facility..but then last night i got a call from County Jail, i wasnt able to recieve it as it was to my cell, but i assume it was him calling- but if he is still in County & hasn't been transferred why would His info online List his current facility as CRAFT? maybe he will be transferred soon? I just dont understand, and i want to make sure if he is in fact still in County & hasnt been transferred yet, that i send him another letter there instead- any one have any insight? Help

You should cal Global Tel Link so you can set up a phone account on your cell phone. That way if he calls again, you can speak with him. If you send another letter to county they will send it back if he's not there... sorry I can't help more. Good luck!

AsiaBoo <3