Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 08-28-2018, 10:42 AM

Default HWH Phone issue... GRRR!

So my bf is in a HWH and has been for nearly a month now. He is able to use their phones to make free calls as often and freely as he like. However when he calls me, he can call once, then all other attempts just ring and go to voicemail. My phone doesn't ring, just says new missed call. I tried using Google voice; one call, future calls my phone won't ring. Tried a different forwarding app, same thing.
I finally caved and bought a prepaid phone thinking a local number (my cell number is from my home town) would work and that would be it. Nope. He called once, now Everytime he calls, it rings and then goes to voicemail! My phone doesn't even register that he has called!
I tried to call the facility and asked if there was something I was doing wrong. They got short with me and said 'not sure what you want me to do about it.'

So I have no clue what to do now! He is able to call everyone else except me! I feel like the facility keeps blocking me or something. I just want to talk to him 😭
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2018, 12:30 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,957 Times in 15,117 Posts

Since you had blocked calls from his facility (by accident) back in March, is there any way the block could have transferred to the HWH?

Google Voice will get your calls blocked, other 3rd party / call-forwarding services will get your calls blocked.....are you using something other than a cell phone with a local number to the HWH?

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
maytayah (08-28-2018), Sarianna (08-28-2018)
Old 08-28-2018, 05:58 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,360 Times in 11,855 Posts

If you receive calls from other callers with different numbers than the one he is using, the issue is with the HWH phone system. Maybe there are limitations to the "free calls as often as he wants". Have you asked your new cell phone provider to investigate why you aren't receiving his calls?