Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2018, 06:51 PM
MiracleAwaits MiracleAwaits is offline
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 15
Thanks: 5
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default Copy of PSI..?

My boyfriend just got out of BOP and finishing his last 2 months in hwh. He wants to get a copy of either his transcripts or PSI. He is concerned that he may have waited too long to request it. He served 60 months...
Is it possible to still get his PSI and how does he go about doing so?

Thank you
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2018, 07:47 PM
yourself yourself is offline

Join Date: May 2010
Location: around
Posts: 11,879
Thanks: 4,252
Thanked 21,524 Times in 7,525 Posts

Generally no, a PSI is not available. They are usually kept under seal due to the sensitive nature of the material they contain.

Transcripts are available if he orders them through the court reporter. Warning, they are expensive.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yourself For This Useful Post:
MiracleAwaits (09-22-2018), Nickel Timer (09-22-2018)
Old 09-22-2018, 09:22 PM
MiracleAwaits MiracleAwaits is offline
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 15
Thanks: 5
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Okay thank you! I will let him know. I kind of figured he couldn't get the psi. But happy to know he can get the transcripts. 👍
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 09:58 PM
rockchalk1 rockchalk1 is offline
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,190
Thanks: 21
Thanked 1,370 Times in 690 Posts

He can ask the probation office for a copy of it. I know my husband's probation officer has a copy of ours and has referred to it. We also have a copy, as does our criminal attorney, so in his case, he can also ask his former attorney, or the prosecutor in his case if not the current and/or old probation officer, but the current probation officer would review it for following his current probation.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rockchalk1 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-23-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 09:17 AM
bellisq bellisq is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Miami FL
Posts: 6,208
Thanks: 919
Thanked 2,009 Times in 1,348 Posts

He could also ask his lawyer for a copy. Most are now sent electronically and it is possibly in the lawyer's email file.
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Copy of GED SHAME80 New Jersey General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat 3 07-02-2009 11:41 AM
Getting copy of psi....pls help D.FLORES Prison & Criminal Legal Help! 3 11-12-2008 12:43 PM
need copy of 128G that is verifed as being a true copy 2sleepy California Legal Help 1 08-28-2008 10:03 AM

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:10 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics