Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > MEDICAL & HEALTH > General Health Care
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Health Care Prison Health Care.. Medical, medications and all that go with it related to health care in the prison system...

Old 06-29-2017, 06:22 PM

Default The staff doesnt administer his diabetic medicine correctly.

They did it again! T just told me his blood pressure is low now, and the staff doesnt administer his diabetic medicene correctly. The nurse at the jail refused to give insulin when his glucose levels were over 400, she waited until he was over 600 then gave way too much; when he told he thats too much insulin she said "youre not a doctor!" Then she did not let him eat! This can cause heart failure etc.
Im scared!
(got to feel good for almost 2 days we had really great phone time!! knew it wouldnt last. I should have posted about it yesterday)

--LuvmyCandyCaneman
Old 06-30-2017, 12:18 PM

What's the latest have you heard from him since?
Old 06-30-2017, 07:46 PM

I spoke to him just a bit ago, his voice sounds deflated. Said today they gave him twice what it should be but in one dose. May even have gotten his chart marked so that it looks like thats the right amount , Im going to have to get him to clarify that. If he has to do that lockdown in a month or so and cant call Im going to flip out! Maybe I can get that medical releaase form squared away before then and I can call and check everday. I dont know.
When I started crying he said not to worry, he ate something sweet. (cause the care package got there)
Crazychick12 (07-01-2017), fbopnomore (07-01-2017)
Old 07-23-2017, 06:42 PM
Beach Girl

I know this is slightly an older post... but I wanted to check in and see how everything was going.. hopefully it's gotten better for your inmate. If this continues, I'd seriously consider taking action.. potentially even getting a lawyer. My inmate is diabetic (has been since he was born) and he's on insulin. It took a few months for his nurse to get everything on point, but now everything is just fine. He was prepared to get a lawyer to save his life (literally) if things didn't change. Hopefully you don't have to take that route. Good luck!
Old 07-24-2017, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissStar View Post
I know this is slightly an older post... but I wanted to check in and see how everything was going.. hopefully it's gotten better for your inmate. If this continues, I'd seriously consider taking action.. potentially even getting a lawyer. My inmate is diabetic (has been since he was born) and he's on insulin. It took a few months for his nurse to get everything on point, but now everything is just fine. He was prepared to get a lawyer to save his life (literally) if things didn't change. Hopefully you don't have to take that route. Good luck!
There are times when I think it is geting better for him, but other days like to day when he sounds like things are so bad that he has no hope! We have filed official complaints, I think they are being investigated. I am looking into FundedJustice for a lawyer.but i dont know how much I will actually be able to pull off so I hate to say anything yet. I love my T, but being dipomatic and making things easier on himself are not his stongest attributes. I still worry so much.