Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WASHINGTON > Washington Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Washington Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions Topics & discussions about specific Prison & Jails in the state of Washington.

Old 11-27-2004, 06:31 PM

Default Info needed on Walla Walla/Clallum Bay Correction Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travs_girl
Here's some info on maximum at Walla Walla...

They are four-man cells, with toilets and sinks inside. They get out of their cells for meals, 1-2 hours a day in the yard and 1-2 hours a day in the dayroom. The rest of the time, they are in their cells. They can smoke in certain tiers, but there are a couple of non-smoking wings.

Someone mentioned earlier that it is all about points determining whether someone is close custody or medium and that is correct. The three main institutions for close custody inmates are Walla Walla, Clallam Bay and Monroe. I've heard that Monroe is the "promised land", where most of the close custody inmates would rather be.

I'm hoping that my sweetheart gets to medium soon... I've heard the visits are better over in the medium unit. The visits in close custody at Walla Walla stink.

Anyway, hope this helps... if you have any other questions, let me know and I'll attempt to answer them.

Heather
Dear Heather,

Would you please kindly inform me how many toilets and sinks in each 4-men cell, please? Thank you.

Also, dear Heather, would you please elaborate more on your statement that says, "The visits in close custody at Walla Walla stink". Oh, please, please enlighten me with as much of anything you would care to take time to share with me. I can never thank you enough for your kindness, dear Heather.

Please help me with anything you know about Walla walla and clallambay.

From the very bottom of my heart, I thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2004, 06:53 PM
Donation Award 

agony....

Travs_girl hasn't been a regular member for some time now. She pops in once in awhile. I am going to move your questions to another thread... this one is so old!!

JJT
Old 11-28-2004, 12:42 AM

Agony,

I haven't visited at close custody in Walla Walla in about a year and a half due to my guy being transfered elsewhere, but I would imagine not much has changed. You wait outside downstairs until the gate guard calls you up. You put your things in a locker, show him your ID and proceed to the visiting lobby/office whatever it is. You fill out the visitors form and stand in another line, waiting for the guard to check you in.You sit down and wait for your name to be called. When it is, you go through a metal detector and get pat searched by a guard of the same sex as yourself. You get a stamp on your hand, sit down again, and wait until they let you go into the visiting room. you go in, the visiting officer assigns you a table, you go and sit and wait for the men to come in. It is a tiny little table (about knee height) and very uncomfortable chairs. You sit facing the visiting guards, and your man sits back to the guards. you are allowed a hug and kiss at both the beginning and end of the visit, and are allowed to hold hands above the table. Although, don't put your hand too high up on his arm, because they WILL tell you to stop. As with any institution, some guards are better than others, and I'm not sure which ones are still there and which aren't from when I was going there. You are allowed (at least this is how it was a year and a half ago) $10.00 in change for the vending machines. When I went there was no hot food. They had sandwiches, but no microwave or any heatable food. There was soda, juice, water, coffee and snack food vending machines but nothin exquisite or anything.

Again, like I said, I haven't been to Walla Walla in about a year and a half, but thats how I remember it. I'm not sure what has changed and what hasn't, if anything. If anyone has visited close custody at Walla Walla lately, I'm sure they could give you a much better answer as to what it's like now. I don't know anything about visiting at Clallum Bay though. Sorry.

~Stacy
Old 11-28-2004, 02:00 AM

Dear Stacy,

You are wonderful *hugs* and very caring with my worries. Thank you very much, I am truly grateful. At least I won't be too shocked now and more prepared to be treated the way you have described (with the physical search and being tossed here and there).

How long was each visit about 18 months ago, Stacy? And in close custody, were the guards so severe about physical gestures?? I mean, would they not emphatize if we merely touch the inmate's hair or stroke it- without regards to sexual attempts- should we feel disturbingly touched or sympathetic (e.g., for his sad stories)? Do they give no care to the expressions of the physical gesture that's, let's say, clearly expressing communication of sympathy that go beyond wrods? If your answer is the type that breaks heart :-) then there is a great chance I will have problems during the visits. Hhmmm....

Nevertheless, I am thanking you again for the valuable info.

Gratefully yours,

Me

PS: JJT, please welcome that I am also very grateful for you.

Last edited by agony; 11-28-2004 at 02:02 AM..
Old 11-28-2004, 02:23 AM

Agony,

When I was there (and lord knows I'll be back again after all this transfer crap is over with), our visits, IF You got there for the beginning and stayed until the end, were 5 hours and 40 minutes.. However, you do not have to get there for the first group up. You can get in at other times, provided there are tables available. I normally went for the whole thing, because it is a 4 hour drive to get to Walla Walla for me, and I was not going to drive 4 hours for a short little visit. :-) When your guy gets to Walla Walla, if he goes there, he will be able to send you all the visiting information.

As for the guards, I suppose the only example I can give you is this... At one visit, I had my hand on my knee, and my guy went to grab my hand. Unfortunately for us, we didn't know a guard was walking by. The guard thought that he was trying to put his hand on my knee (which he wasn't, he was just trying to grab my hand so he could hold my hand), and came up to us and was like "excuse me, you can't have your hand on her knee." We of course didn't argue with him. I'd rather follow rules than get myself kicked out of visiting. So we put our hands back on the table, as we were originally going to do. But we still got "warned" because the guard thought that my guy was trying to put his hand on my leg... They really aren't sympathetic at all. I mean, rules are rules. And their rules say that "You may briefly embrace and kiss at the beginning and the end of each visit and hold hands during your visit." (I was reading that straight from the old visiting rules that I still have.) I'll be honest, as much as you probably don't want to hear it, if you are sitting at your table with your guy and you reach across to stroke his hair or face or anything, and a guard sees it, the likely hood is, at least when I was still going there, that one of the guards will come up and tell you that it isn't allowed.

Again, as in my last post, I haven't a clue what has changed and what hasn't in the last year and a half, so i'm not entirely sure how accurate I am in the things I am saying.

I hope this helps.

~Stacy