Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 04-18-2019, 08:23 AM
Sarianna's Avatar
Sarianna Sarianna is offline
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Swinging from the chandelier
Posts: 3,359
Thanks: 16,933
Thanked 4,869 Times in 2,093 Posts
Default

lolo21216 I am genuinely so, so happy for you both Just like Mia said I too enjoy reading your updates, they bring a smile on my face

Also, Happy Easter to y'all -- we have a four day weekend ahead over here and it is very much needed after starting my new job this week; I love the job so far but as always it is quite draining to start from scratch....so a long weekend is very welcome.

__________________

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
lolo21216 (04-18-2019)
Sponsored Links
  #52  
Old 04-18-2019, 09:23 AM
lolo21216's Avatar
lolo21216 lolo21216 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,368
Thanks: 1,072
Thanked 1,003 Times in 477 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarianna View Post
lolo21216 I am genuinely so, so happy for you both Just like Mia said I too enjoy reading your updates, they bring a smile on my face

Also, Happy Easter to y'all -- we have a four day weekend ahead over here and it is very much needed after starting my new job this week; I love the job so far but as always it is quite draining to start from scratch....so a long weekend is very welcome.

aw thank you, I'll keep the updates coming!

Happy Easter to you as well! Enjoy the much deserved long weekend!
__________________
Never again will I be with a man who looks away when I start to fall.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lolo21216 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (04-18-2019)
  #53  
Old 04-25-2019, 06:05 AM
lolo21216's Avatar
lolo21216 lolo21216 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,368
Thanks: 1,072
Thanked 1,003 Times in 477 Posts
Default

UPDATE: Wow, he has already been out 2 weeks and things are continuing to go well, but it sure has been a whirlwind! Little by little things are getting taken care of in his reentry process.

He has been doing everything required of him for supervised release. He goes to group therapy twice a week, meets one on one with a counselor once a week, goes to AA/NA meetings frequently and he is getting along with his PO. He has gotten health insurance so he can make appointments to take care of stuff that was neglected while in prison (dental work, treatment for hepc, and a shoulder injury), opened up a bank account, got a PO box and today he is going to take his permit test so he can get his drivers license back. He has been spending time with his mom, dad and younger brother. The job search has been difficult with no luck so far but he is trying! Right now his living arrangement is temporary as he has been staying at his moms beach rental house so at the end of May he will be moving to a more permanent place. We do not have plans of living together for at least another year. He has a court date on May 14th for a charge that happened prior to his incarceration, he is hopeful it will just result in a fine and/or probation, but I'm not gonna bother with the guessing game so I'll just wait and see what happens.

Things with our relationships are going great.....but wow Easter was a disaster! I had planned for us to celebrate with my family but instead we ended up in the ER cause he thought something was wrong with his appendix cause he was in severe pain, but turns out it was kidney stones! Not an ideal first holiday LOL but I stuck by him while he was in the ER. He posted on facebook about it saying:

" I am the worst holiday companion ever.

Lauren planned and prepared an awesome day for us to spend with her family and I had to get a Kidney Stone (wtf) and end up in the ER for the bulk of the day. Thankfully she was there by my side through it all. Even when I cried like a baby

There is no one I'm more grateful to have in my life than her.

I Love You Lauren"

I commented saying kidney stones are the worst holiday companion

Hopefully our next holiday will go smoother, ha! But yeah that's the update for now, still crazy in love and just figuring out life together one day at a time!


__________________
Never again will I be with a man who looks away when I start to fall.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lolo21216 For This Useful Post:
maytayah (04-25-2019), Sarianna (04-25-2019)
  #54  
Old 05-10-2019, 06:13 PM
Bus Gal Bus Gal is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: California USA
Posts: 209
Thanks: 217
Thanked 325 Times in 124 Posts
Default

Long time listener, sometime caller. My MWI husband comes home in 6 days. SIX DAYS. I'm driving out to pick him up and after 9 years, I thought the time would never come. I love him dearly and while I am nervous for him and the changes we'll have to make, I'm super duper excited. Wooooohooooo! He's doing an interstate compact agreement so I will be picking him up at the prison. Knock on wood, this is the last time I will ever visit a prison.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bus Gal For This Useful Post:
Cutepixie (07-20-2019), lolo21216 (05-11-2019), maytayah (05-11-2019), Sarianna (05-11-2019)
  #55  
Old 05-11-2019, 02:17 AM
Sarianna's Avatar
Sarianna Sarianna is offline
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Swinging from the chandelier
Posts: 3,359
Thanks: 16,933
Thanked 4,869 Times in 2,093 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bus Gal View Post
Long time listener, sometime caller. My MWI husband comes home in 6 days. SIX DAYS. I'm driving out to pick him up and after 9 years, I thought the time would never come. I love him dearly and while I am nervous for him and the changes we'll have to make, I'm super duper excited. Wooooohooooo! He's doing an interstate compact agreement so I will be picking him up at the prison. Knock on wood, this is the last time I will ever visit a prison.
Oh my gosh, I can imagine how excited and emotional and nervous you are! Nine years, wow - this is a life changing moment for you two. I'm so happy for you guys and keeping my fingers crossed for a smooth transition to your new life together! It would be lovely if you could keep us posted on how things go Good luck!!!
__________________

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
maytayah (05-11-2019)
  #56  
Old 05-11-2019, 05:32 AM
lolo21216's Avatar
lolo21216 lolo21216 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,368
Thanks: 1,072
Thanked 1,003 Times in 477 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bus Gal View Post
Long time listener, sometime caller. My MWI husband comes home in 6 days. SIX DAYS. I'm driving out to pick him up and after 9 years, I thought the time would never come. I love him dearly and while I am nervous for him and the changes we'll have to make, I'm super duper excited. Wooooohooooo! He's doing an interstate compact agreement so I will be picking him up at the prison. Knock on wood, this is the last time I will ever visit a prison.
WOW! How exciting! My MWI has been home for a month now and let me just say it is both amazing and overwhelming, it's a big change and transition for you both. Just take it day by day and enjoy it, you've both waited so long, you deserve a happy homecoming
__________________
Never again will I be with a man who looks away when I start to fall.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lolo21216 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (05-12-2019)
  #57  
Old 07-08-2019, 04:53 AM
tabbycat007 tabbycat007 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 58
Thanks: 57
Thanked 45 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Well, it's the evening of Monday 8th July as I write this in Australia. I met my MWI guy, Scott when he was 5 months into a 15 month sentence, so I've knwn him for 10 months. We were introduced by a mutual friend who was locked up with him. We wrote, spoke regularly on the phone and had about 6 or 7 visits in the 10 months I have known him. It's been great! S and I have been like old friends from the start. Three days ago, my waiting came to an end, and I showed up at Long Bay gaol in Sydney at 7AM to pick him up for an early release. After three agonising hours of waiting, he finally got driven out the gate in a little white hatchback by a church volunteer just after 10AM. They beckoned me over and I jumped in the backseat. Scott immediately reached back and grabbed my hand. It was the first time we had ever touched. Last year, I had somehow managed to offend the warden of the place he was at, and she immediately put me on box visits, then, due to a ridiculous comedy of errors, we had two more box visits at the new jail, even though there was no reason for that whatsoever. I have been single since 2012, so I was pretty desperate for cuddles! Anyway, the volunteer parked his car near mine across the road from the gaol and got out and started giving all this stuff to Scott (backpack full of clothes and stuff donated by the church, warm winter coat, a few food items, coffee etc) while I'm standing there on the grass watching, then the church guy starts going into this story about his wife having cancer. OMFG! Can I just touch him now??!!! PLEEEEEASE????!! After about 5 mins of this, I can't take anymore and I turn to Scott and say "Can I have a fucking hug?" at which point, the church guy apologises, and S turns to me and wraps me in his arms and I kind of melt into his chest and it's all pretty blissful and I feel so safe and like all is right in the world now.
Church guy at long last finally drives away and then are more hugs and kisses and I drive us up the road to get breakfast, which S insists on paying for, then we drive to a nearby beach, so he can get his toes in the sand. He's been talking about the beach to me in every second phone call, so I know how keen he is to get there. Next thing I know, he's stripping off to his undies and is diving into the ocean, despite it being the middle of winter! LOL!! It makes my heart so happy to see him free and doing what he wants to do!
After doing a few things in Sydney, including renewing his driver's licence, he drives us the 7 hours north back up here, and we go to sleep in each other's arms and spend our first night together. :-D
Saturday morning...he cooks breakfast for us both, we potter around doing stuff all weekend, shopping, going to the beach, a walk along the breakwater, snuggle into the giant beanbag together to watch a Star Wars movie that he had to catch up on, have some amazingness in the bedroom together! :-D It was all really beautiful and everything I had hoped it would be!!

Then, this morning, I knew I had to drop him at rehab by 2PM, where he would be for 12 weeks as a parole condition. He didn't want to go, and spent the whole day trying his level best to get out of it, including going to his sister's place, where he smoked a cone and I was like "Fuck! Well, it was nice knowing you! I guess you're going back to gaol now?" because I knew they would pee test him on his arrival...but we arrived at the rehab, the staff were all super nice and understanding, and he told them what happened, and they accepted him into the program regardless....To be continued...
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 07-08-2019, 05:16 AM
tabbycat007 tabbycat007 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 58
Thanks: 57
Thanked 45 Times in 28 Posts
Default

So, I am somewhat taken aback by this morning's episode and TBH, I'm not even sure if it was just pot that he had or something else, but I'm about 100% sure that it wasn't heroin, which is the main thing. I feel like I should start going to Al-anon meetings even though I fucking hate 12 step meetings. I find them depressing AF. I don't really feel like sitting around listening to the problems of a bunch of strangers, but I am so totally naive when it comes to drugs that I feel I should educate myself a little, so I can be there for him as best I can.
I also can be kind of a hard-ass Nazi perfectionist at times, and I'm not quite sure now where to draw the line between being there for him, and not taking shit (which so far, has only been one lie) so I'm just gonna go along and try to learn some things that may be useful for us, mostly so that my tendency for being ruthlessly unforgiving doesn't destroy our relationship..

After being told that there would be no visits at rehab for 4 weeks, and no phonecalls for the first 2 weeks, he unexpectedly called me from there about 2 hours after I dropped him off and said that I can come to the NA meetings that he will be at twice a week, despite me not being an addict, so I will actually get to see him in 4 days instead of 4 weeks. I'm pretty stoked about that! So, it may well be a longer road to recovery than I thought it was going to be, but I'm still confident that he can come out the other end of rehab in 12 weeks, and then off parole in 2.5 years. Right now, I still choose him, because it still feels light to do so.
What else is possible now? :-)
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 07-20-2019, 10:37 AM
Cutepixie's Avatar
Cutepixie Cutepixie is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,529
Thanks: 2,560
Thanked 2,092 Times in 1,004 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
Which leads me to ask, for those already home:

I do not want to control his money. I want him to learn to manage his funds, but he went in at 19/20 and has been in almost 16 years. He says he wants me to manage the money. I know why, he's afraid he'll blow through it and he probably will. But I don't want to set up a power struggle between his wants and my need to keep us on budget. I've never co-mingled funds with my exes. We each chipped in our share for household costs and then spent according to our incomes for everything else. He doesn't understand that.

How do you do it?
That's an interesting question. I think you could come up with a budget together. Go over what he would be paying and then after let him know you do not want to combine finances or be his accountant. You want him to learn how to budget and will be there as support. So, if you give him what he owes in bills he will know how much he afterwards to spend freely or keep and save. That will be up to him. We all have different habits with money. Obviously it's nice to have cushion but what good is that cushion if you aren't on earth anymore. So I utilize my money to have experiences. Some people consistently put their money away and save. That might be a good place to start. To figure out what kind of spender he was before and what his goals are now.
__________________
ďIf the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, infinite.Ē ~William Blake
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 07-20-2019, 10:47 AM
Cutepixie's Avatar
Cutepixie Cutepixie is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,529
Thanks: 2,560
Thanked 2,092 Times in 1,004 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbycat007 View Post
So, I am somewhat taken aback by this morning's episode and TBH, I'm not even sure if it was just pot that he had or something else, but I'm about 100% sure that it wasn't heroin, which is the main thing. I feel like I should start going to Al-anon meetings even though I fucking hate 12 step meetings. I find them depressing AF. I don't really feel like sitting around listening to the problems of a bunch of strangers, but I am so totally naive when it comes to drugs that I feel I should educate myself a little, so I can be there for him as best I can.
I also can be kind of a hard-ass Nazi perfectionist at times, and I'm not quite sure now where to draw the line between being there for him, and not taking shit (which so far, has only been one lie) so I'm just gonna go along and try to learn some things that may be useful for us, mostly so that my tendency for being ruthlessly unforgiving doesn't destroy our relationship..

After being told that there would be no visits at rehab for 4 weeks, and no phonecalls for the first 2 weeks, he unexpectedly called me from there about 2 hours after I dropped him off and said that I can come to the NA meetings that he will be at twice a week, despite me not being an addict, so I will actually get to see him in 4 days instead of 4 weeks. I'm pretty stoked about that! So, it may well be a longer road to recovery than I thought it was going to be, but I'm still confident that he can come out the other end of rehab in 12 weeks, and then off parole in 2.5 years. Right now, I still choose him, because it still feels light to do so.
What else is possible now? :-)

Oh man. Addiction in and of itself for the person going through it is like constantly digging a hole with your bare hands. Feeling ever bit of the dirt that you are digging and digging such a large hole that you will feel stuck. No light in your hole. No ladder to get out but you just keep digging. Addiction is terrible. I was a heroin addict for around 7 years. You can love someone but know what they are doing is destructive and the unfortunate part is that they will drag you down in that hole with them. Find every tool you can. Find online support groups. You do not have to go to alanon but it would be a great place to meet other's. There's also groups like celebrate recovery that do not have the 12 step process. The best advice I can give you...is stand firm in your boundaries. Do not enable poor behavior thinking you are doing someone a favor. Be mindful of everything you do with this person until you recognize they have embraced recovery. Boundaries are going to be your best friend. Make sure you have self-care because you yourself can get lost in this process. Boundaries means standing your ground. Addicts have to do a complete overhaul of who they are because you will take those poor uneffective behaviors and put them in other areas of your life if you do not heal and change properly. I also worked in addiction and treatment for years. I taught new skills and proper ways to heal. This needs to be taken very seriously and one of the things you can think about is not only how I can be of support and love to help be an effective changing factor but that if this person chooses to go back finding it in you to cut the chord to not get sucked in to. And, please know that does not mean you do not love the person, it just means you are saying, "I love you and myself enough to not go down with you". Not easily done. Love can be blinding but be strong. I am putting out good energy for you and your situation and hope that things will work out for you both.
__________________
ďIf the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, infinite.Ē ~William Blake
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cutepixie For This Useful Post:
408MoonGem (08-14-2019), Sarianna (07-21-2019), tabbycat007 (07-25-2019)
  #61  
Old 02-18-2020, 12:39 PM
408MoonGem's Avatar
408MoonGem 408MoonGem is offline
Lifer Found Suitable
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: California
Posts: 2,559
Thanks: 937
Thanked 388 Times in 220 Posts
Default

I had a great long weekend with my husband, but after 3 nights and 4 days with him, I was ready to go home. I am definitely one of those whom require personal alone time / personal space - he now realizes just how particular we each are and that being around each other all day and night DAYS AT A TIME is NOT safe for our sanity, lol.

My drive home was 3 hours, after unpacking all I wanted to do was crawl into bed, watch movies and eat snacks... without ANY interruptions...so I text hubby that I was home, was going to clean up and then "relax". When hubby called an hour later I was like, aargggg WHHHAAAT... I just spent days with you, give me a break!! I didn't say that, but I did think it which made me feel guilty and I HATED that feeling!

I love and adore him! I'm just receiving an overload of him, which is new and can be overwhelming.. I am receiving some really good advice from my closest friends - to set up times where I am not available to him - I feel bad, but I have to set this up, I have to get back into my routine and provide phone calls / video calls up at specific times otherwise I'm going to continue to feel out of wack and grow resentful. He does know and understand that I require alone time yet I think it places uncomfortable / undesirable thoughts in his mind. I'm certain this will pass and that when we live together he'll feel better about things. Right now our distance and his inalienably to drive is very frustrating to him, understandably.

I sure am thankful that he wasn't allowed to parole straight home - being in a Transitional Housing Unit sure does aid in; independence, accountability, and overall acclimating into society. At first we were like, why the hell do lifers have to go through this, but we get it now... there is a defiant need for the individual to be independent - there is great reason behind the madness



Last edited by 408MoonGem; 02-18-2020 at 12:47 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 408MoonGem For This Useful Post:
miamac (02-21-2020)
  #62  
Old 02-21-2020, 01:23 PM
408MoonGem's Avatar
408MoonGem 408MoonGem is offline
Lifer Found Suitable
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: California
Posts: 2,559
Thanks: 937
Thanked 388 Times in 220 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 408MoonGem View Post
I'm just receiving an overload of him, which is new and can be overwhelming
I just wanted to add that... in prison Jr was sure of himself, out here he isn't. It's heavy when they relay so much on you yet it's probably very uncomfortable when they don't... I'm confused and worried...over my reactions
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 02-21-2020, 02:56 PM
Peacefinder Peacefinder is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 473
Thanks: 199
Thanked 537 Times in 268 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 408MoonGem View Post
I just wanted to add that... in prison Jr was sure of himself, out here he isn't. It's heavy when they relay so much on you yet it's probably very uncomfortable when they don't... I'm confused and worried...over my reactions
It has to be a very different scary complicated relationship now compared to then.

I can't imagine the sudden complete change in everything.

Hopefully you both get use to the new normal smoothly.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Peacefinder For This Useful Post:
408MoonGem (02-21-2020)
  #64  
Old 02-21-2020, 08:32 PM
miamac's Avatar
miamac miamac is offline
Site Moderator
 

Join Date: May 2013
Location: ORnativeAZresCAtied
Posts: 11,813
Thanks: 16,416
Thanked 23,999 Times in 8,426 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 408MoonGem View Post

My drive home was 3 hours, after unpacking all I wanted to do was crawl into bed, watch movies and eat snacks... without ANY interruptions...so I text hubby that I was home, was going to clean up and then "relax". When hubby called an hour later I was like, aargggg WHHHAAAT... I just spent days with you, give me a break!! I didn't say that, but I did think it which made me feel guilty and I HATED that feeling!

I love and adore him! I'm just receiving an overload of him, which is new and can be overwhelming.
I anticipate this same feeling. I am (typically) quiet happy with my alone time. One might ask why I got married, but it's not that I like being lonely...I just happened to be someone who is comfortable with herself and being alone to the point where it is a need. I was very busy yesterday "peopling" and when I got home I didn't want to talk to anyone. I took a four hour nap today to recharge. So I'm serious about it. Lol
He and I have talked about this but I don't think the reality of it will sink in until we experience it. He's shown signs of needing to be away from people, too, so I think we'll find a balance. Eventually.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
408MoonGem (02-22-2020)
  #65  
Old 02-22-2020, 02:33 AM
408MoonGem's Avatar
408MoonGem 408MoonGem is offline
Lifer Found Suitable
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: California
Posts: 2,559
Thanks: 937
Thanked 388 Times in 220 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
I anticipate this same feeling. I am (typically) quiet happy with my alone time. One might ask why I got married, but it's not that I like being lonely...I just happened to be someone who is comfortable with herself and being alone to the point where it is a need. I was very busy yesterday "peopling" and when I got home I didn't want to talk to anyone. I took a four hour nap today to recharge. So I'm serious about it. Lol
He and I have talked about this but I don't think the reality of it will sink in until we experience it. He's shown signs of needing to be away from people, too, so I think we'll find a balance. Eventually.

We know them and know them well when they are in prison ((this... freedom after so many years of incarceration... it's heaviness)). Prison is a world within a world - and somehow the machine of it / a relationship works, we're held on by the seams of it all yet somehow we make it work... I feel crazy!
Jr stepped out of prison into another form of it, so here he is adjusting and it's sad, I feel bad for him... nothing could have prepared me to see him this way or feel so awkward... (he by the measure of others who have transitioned, is doing very well) but still, it's all a very heavy realm that cannot be understood without experiencing it... nothing anyone could have said could have prepared me for this.

We've talked about it and with Mercury in retrograde I'm just relaxing, not stressing anything, making any major plans or agreements until after Mach 10th... time to rejuvenate!

Heavenly ~ 4 hour nap I sure do look forward to your updates


Last edited by 408MoonGem; 02-22-2020 at 02:44 AM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 408MoonGem For This Useful Post:
miamac (02-22-2020)
  #66  
Old 02-22-2020, 02:53 AM
408MoonGem's Avatar
408MoonGem 408MoonGem is offline
Lifer Found Suitable
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: California
Posts: 2,559
Thanks: 937
Thanked 388 Times in 220 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacefinder View Post
It has to be a very different scary complicated relationship now compared to then.
it's strange ~ emotions are wild, they never fail to amaze me.

i look forward to your homecoming updates as well.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 408MoonGem For This Useful Post:
Peacefinder (02-22-2020)
  #67  
Old 03-06-2020, 12:27 PM
408MoonGem's Avatar
408MoonGem 408MoonGem is offline
Lifer Found Suitable
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: California
Posts: 2,559
Thanks: 937
Thanked 388 Times in 220 Posts
Default

Jr's been out 90 days, he's doing well, I am very proud of him! He can't have a license until he completes an 18 month DUI class (he had 2 DUI's before incarceration and the state sticks you to the terms even after serving 2 decades) which is the most irritating issue at hand. We've decided that we are in two very different places / phases of our lives, and in order for us to be the partner the other needs we would require more of ourselves than we can offer right now.*

No one could have prepared us for this MWI transition from locked up relationship to one out here, it's just something we had to go through, feel, experience, and learn from.*

We love each other, still chat / check in.. we'll be apart of each others lives, just removing the focus and label of being married.

Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 03-06-2020, 03:58 PM
Visitor611 Visitor611 is offline
Until the end
 

Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Oregon
Posts: 391
Thanks: 318
Thanked 755 Times in 277 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 408MoonGem View Post
Jr's been out 90 days, he's doing well, I am very proud of him! He can't have a license until he completes an 18 month DUI class (he had 2 DUI's before incarceration and the state sticks you to the terms even after serving 2 decades) which is the most irritating issue at hand. We've decided that we are in two very different places / phases of our lives, and in order for us to be the partner the other needs we would require more of ourselves than we can offer right now.*

No one could have prepared us for this MWI transition from locked up relationship to one out here, it's just something we had to go through, feel, experience, and learn from.*

We love each other, still chat / check in.. we'll be apart of each others lives, just removing the focus and label of being married.

You waited an awfully long time to make this decision. I'm not sure what you expected for so long, but whatever it is, is vastly different then what you thought. Lots of messages by you, claiming how amazing and great all of this and he was, only to fold the tent in 3 months later. It's a thing though, right? Inmates get out, and find out it doesn't work because of how little time is spent together while they are locked up. It is a recurring theme. You are married, and it technically shouldn't matter at all what he's going through. You make it together and as a team. Lots of people are in "different places" in a marriage. Why'd you even get married in the first place?
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Visitor611 For This Useful Post:
408MoonGem (03-08-2020), Jacob's Girl (08-15-2020), MizzyMuffling (03-07-2020)
  #69  
Old 03-06-2020, 06:59 PM
Peacefinder Peacefinder is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 473
Thanks: 199
Thanked 537 Times in 268 Posts
Default

I'm so sorry it didn't work out. I hope for the best for both of you.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Peacefinder For This Useful Post:
408MoonGem (03-08-2020)
  #70  
Old 03-07-2020, 03:55 PM
MizzyMuffling's Avatar
MizzyMuffling MizzyMuffling is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Panama City, Panama
Posts: 4,679
Thanks: 4,831
Thanked 5,719 Times in 2,305 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 408MoonGem View Post
Jr's been out 90 days, he's doing well, I am very proud of him! He can't have a license until he completes an 18 month DUI class (he had 2 DUI's before incarceration and the state sticks you to the terms even after serving 2 decades) which is the most irritating issue at hand. We've decided that we are in two very different places / phases of our lives, and in order for us to be the partner the other needs we would require more of ourselves than we can offer right now.*

No one could have prepared us for this MWI transition from locked up relationship to one out here, it's just something we had to go through, feel, experience, and learn from.*

We love each other, still chat / check in.. we'll be apart of each others lives, just removing the focus and label of being married.



Oh wow... really sorry to read this. Sending you a lot of strength & perseverance
__________________
Follow your heart but take your brain with you...
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MizzyMuffling For This Useful Post:
408MoonGem (03-08-2020)
  #71  
Old 03-07-2020, 04:06 PM
MizzyMuffling's Avatar
MizzyMuffling MizzyMuffling is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Panama City, Panama
Posts: 4,679
Thanks: 4,831
Thanked 5,719 Times in 2,305 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor611 View Post
You waited an awfully long time to make this decision. I'm not sure what you expected for so long, but whatever it is, is vastly different then what you thought. Lots of messages by you, claiming how amazing and great all of this and he was, only to fold the tent in 3 months later. It's a thing though, right? Inmates get out, and find out it doesn't work because of how little time is spent together while they are locked up. It is a recurring theme. You are married, and it technically shouldn't matter at all what he's going through. You make it together and as a team. Lots of people are in "different places" in a marriage. Why'd you even get married in the first place?


Thatís also the direction Iím thinking and thatís why Iím not getting married to him nor sitting on packed boxes.
Iíve spent a total amount of maybe 12+ hours with him face to face so far under very limited circumstances and we had a lot of phone-time but that is not a Ąrealď relationship for me. Itís maybe a preview of coming attractions but nothing more.
Heís in his 27th year and when heíll come home it will most certainly be like weíll be on two different planets - at least for awhile.
Emotionally Iím very much attached to him and Iím looking very much forward to get to know him on the outside but thatís how far it goes. He has a right to enjoy his freedom without me expecting a ring the moment he gets out.
__________________
Follow your heart but take your brain with you...
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MizzyMuffling For This Useful Post:
408MoonGem (03-08-2020)
  #72  
Old 03-07-2020, 06:44 PM
AnieLove56 AnieLove56 is offline
❤️784❤️
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Both In California (Me: North, Him: South)
Posts: 573
Thanks: 203
Thanked 335 Times in 229 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzyMuffling View Post
Emotionally Iím very much attached to him and Iím looking very much forward to get to know him on the outside but thatís how far it goes. He has a right to enjoy his freedom without me expecting a ring the moment he gets out.
That's how it is with me and T. Very much emotionally attached and I love him to death. But when he gets out, he's gonna be a whole different person. And I can't wait to get to know THAT person.
__________________
You won't see him all over Instagram, or screenshots of conversations, and I don't care if you never know his name. Just know he's there & he's mine.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AnieLove56 For This Useful Post:
408MoonGem (03-08-2020)
  #73  
Old 03-08-2020, 01:15 AM
408MoonGem's Avatar
408MoonGem 408MoonGem is offline
Lifer Found Suitable
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: California
Posts: 2,559
Thanks: 937
Thanked 388 Times in 220 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor611 View Post
You waited an awfully long time to make this decision. I'm not sure what you expected for so long, but whatever it is, is vastly different then what you thought. Lots of messages by you, claiming how amazing and great all of this and he was, only to fold the tent in 3 months later. It's a thing though, right? Inmates get out, and find out it doesn't work because of how little time is spent together while they are locked up. It is a recurring theme. You are married, and it technically shouldn't matter at all what he's going through. You make it together and as a team. Lots of people are in "different places" in a marriage. Why'd you even get married in the first place?
We did what we thought was best, we tried, we've split up, we tried again, we're emotionally attached, just not focusing on a marriage... we're doing what is best for ourselves. I am unable to commit to moving out of my county (right now), where he cannot reside, possibly ever. We love each other and are more involved in each others lives than ever before, a marriage just isn't the focus. We discussed getting divorced before he got out, but we agreed to wait and check things out.. we're fine, we're just not rushing to move in together - my daughter is a few months away from moving out to attend college and for the first time in my life I will be an empty nester, I will take a year to explore how that feels and what it means to be alone, for once in my life - I owe it to myself and he respects that.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 408MoonGem For This Useful Post:
miamac (03-08-2020)
  #74  
Old 03-08-2020, 01:20 AM
408MoonGem's Avatar
408MoonGem 408MoonGem is offline
Lifer Found Suitable
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: California
Posts: 2,559
Thanks: 937
Thanked 388 Times in 220 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnieLove56 View Post
I can't wait to get to know THAT person.
I'm sure he most definitely can't either - he's lucky to have you!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 408MoonGem For This Useful Post:
AnieLove56 (03-08-2020)
  #75  
Old 03-08-2020, 01:55 AM
Visitor611 Visitor611 is offline
Until the end
 

Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Oregon
Posts: 391
Thanks: 318
Thanked 755 Times in 277 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzyMuffling View Post
Thatís also the direction Iím thinking and thatís why Iím not getting married to him nor sitting on packed boxes.
Iíve spent a total amount of maybe 12+ hours with him face to face so far under very limited circumstances and we had a lot of phone-time but that is not a Ąrealď relationship for me. Itís maybe a preview of coming attractions but nothing more.
Heís in his 27th year and when heíll come home it will most certainly be like weíll be on two different planets - at least for awhile.
Emotionally Iím very much attached to him and Iím looking very much forward to get to know him on the outside but thatís how far it goes. He has a right to enjoy his freedom without me expecting a ring the moment he gets out.
That is the right mindset to have. It is why I respect your opinions. No other relationship status is more fantasized then a prison one. The blinders are put on. It isn't too difficult to be ultra charming and perfect in the small time to those that live so far apart. What's left? Completely dreaming about how great those 3 hours were. People get hurt, and this is even worse when you wait for someone. It's absolutely terrible. No one gets that time back.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Visitor611 For This Useful Post:
MizzyMuffling (03-08-2020)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for some homecoming help Curlysue1 Coming Home 4 03-14-2012 02:39 PM
Our homecoming... yadi2007 Now That Your Loved One Is Home... 8 09-02-2009 01:26 PM
Homecoming tina4318 West Virginia Parole, Probation & Release 9 03-27-2009 07:37 PM
Another Homecoming davidsmominva Coming Home 2 09-14-2008 04:48 PM
A Homecoming ourfirstloves Ohio Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service 20 10-23-2006 10:08 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:05 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2019 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics