Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > PTO Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO Lounge Come in... put your feet up and relax... talk about anything non-prison related! Hobbies, Books, Technical and Do it Yourself, Travel and more.

Old 06-26-2019, 07:58 AM

Default Dreams, What do recurring dreams mean?

I tend to dream almost every night. Some I ignore but others like dreams about death (could mean physical or something else), or people I know and the recurring dream I wonder about and try to decipher. Are there any dream interpreters onboard who have any insights about dreams and their meanings and category?

Last edited by loner woman; 06-26-2019 at 08:33 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2019, 08:04 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,410 Times in 1,840 Posts

I've always believed dreams are often about unresolved issues, fears, things hidden in the subconsciousness. I do have sometimes not so nice dreams as well (conflict with my Mom for example) and it's an issue that is resolved yet.
The less stress I have the less I dream for example. If I have e.g. paid my bills, have my stuff in order, I sleep more soundly than having stress and stuff that bothers me...
Old 06-26-2019, 08:08 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,673 Times in 15,314 Posts

Not sure if they mean anything at all.
I know sometimes when I dream, its a combo of things that have happened (which makes it impossible to try to sort) And those things could be real or stuff I worried about, heard about or actual things that happened.
When my hub was in prison, I dreamt a few times about not being able to find him as he was leaving the prison and if I didnt find him, he would have to stay. Very scary dream/nightmare.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 06-26-2019, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzyMuffling View Post
I've always believed dreams are often about unresolved issues, fears, things hidden in the subconsciousness. I do have sometimes not so nice dreams as well (conflict with my Mom for example) and it's an issue that is resolved yet.
The less stress I have the less I dream for example. If I have e.g. paid my bills, have my stuff in order, I sleep more soundly than having stress and stuff that bothers me...
My dreams are not necessarily bad. Some dreams I feel are actually messages from the soul. Some could have to do with unresolved issues and others not.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
Not sure if they mean anything at all.
I know sometimes when I dream, its a combo of things that have happened (which makes it impossible to try to sort) And those things could be real or stuff I worried about, heard about or actual things that happened.
When my hub was in prison, I dreamt a few times about not being able to find him as he was leaving the prison and if I didnt find him, he would have to stay. Very scary dream/nightmare.

The jumbled up dreams like things we think about or something we may see on tv I tend to ignore those. But I have had a number of dreams that have come true. I tend to be a mystical person so I tend take these things more seriously than some.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:26 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,673 Times in 15,314 Posts

I used to have two that were reoccurring. One I cant remember much but I do remember a weird *smell* I would get. I can never describe it I just know Ive had it before.
Second one is of a bear (I dont see the bear in my dream, but I know it is one) chasing me thru the woods (sure, yeah right lol. out run a bear) I run into a clearing where there is a stump of a redwood tree. I climb up there knowing that the bear can too...and wait. I wake up just as the bear is about to enter the clearing.
No clue what it means. But I used to have it quite regularly. Have not had it in a long while

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
loner woman (06-26-2019)
Old 06-26-2019, 10:36 AM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 21,909 Times in 7,768 Posts

I'm a very vivid dreamer, used to sleepwalk/talk as a kid. I still remember a handful of dreams I had as a child that scared me to death. But not all of my dreams are bad-- I've even woke myself laughing during some.

But as far as recurring dreams, my most common one involves levels. As in buildings without steps or elevators that I have to move through by climbing. Sometimes the doorways are really small or the levels aren't quite even so the space between them, you have to squeeze through. It's always exhausting and I never seem to quite make it to my destination.

I've used dream analysis books over the years and most of them refer to the structure as "you" and the construction as your inner self. So if I'm having to climb where there should be stairs, maybe I feel like I'm having to work too hard to do what should be easy. If the spaces are too small, maybe I feel crowded or confined.

For what it's worth, I do think dreams are important. Like Mizzy, I think we dream more when we're under stress or change. It's our brain's way of dealing with an onslaught of activity. Everything in your dream is something you've seen before-- in real life, a book, on TV. But in our dreams, our brain is acting like an efficient filing cabinet and it's rearranging things to make more space, or at least it's trying to improve the space. So that dream that had a pony in your office while your mom was calling from the next cubicle over to tell you about the Titanic? All things you've see/experienced before but in a jumbled up order.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
loner woman (06-26-2019)
Old 06-26-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzyMuffling View Post
I've always believed dreams are often about unresolved issues, fears, things hidden in the subconsciousness...
In Psychology Class the section on dreams brings these exact things up.
Lately my husband has brought up the future of when he comes home and of course I go and have a dream that he ended up having to live with his ex because for some reason he couldn't live with me.. I woke up all upset. Lol.
As for the funky dreams that make no sense, I think nothing of them.
The reoccurring dreams don't worry me unless I don't know what exactly its about. When I was a child I had this reoccurring dream for the longest time but it was my biggest fear that I had to get over.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricoluv29 For This Useful Post:
loner woman (06-26-2019)
Old 06-26-2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoluv29 View Post
In Psychology Class the section on dreams brings these exact things up.
Lately my husband has brought up the future of when he comes home and of course I go and have a dream that he ended up having to live with his ex because for some reason he couldn't live with me.. I woke up all upset. Lol.
As for the funky dreams that make no sense, I think nothing of them.
The reoccurring dreams don't worry me unless I don't know what exactly its about. When I was a child I had this reoccurring dream for the longest time but it was my biggest fear that I had to get over.
This is known by some as a release dream (releasing a fear we may have). Carl Yung has some interesting things to say about dreams referring to a collective unconscious, symbols he believed stored by every person but at an unconscious level. I'm very interesting in recurring dreams and prophetic dreams that have come true. I have had a number of those.
Ricoluv29 (06-26-2019)