Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Old 03-06-2019, 03:12 PM

Default New here

Hello, I'm Peaches from South Carolina. I met this guy through pen pal a few months ago. He's being released in a couple of months. We have written a lot and talked a few times. He's shown interest in me and I have shown interest in him. At the moment I'm on the fence about dating him seriously. He seems like a sweet guy and still young, good looking, and shows to have a good head on his shoulders. He is in a federal prison, hasn't murdered anyone or has drug charges. I'm just confused because I've never dated someone in prison or was convicted. I do feel like he can give me everything I want which isn't materialistic things. I may just give him a chance despite of what other people may think.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2019, 06:52 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,091 Times in 12,759 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. It's completely up to you to date him or not, but just the fact that he is in a federal prison has little or nothing to do with his character. You would be amazed at the diverse folks who are there. We are the incarceration capital of the world.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:20 PM

Default Took Me By Surprise

Hello All,
I'm really excited about this website. I did not know it existed. I met my significant other online - it was a 'regular' dating website and I was not even aware that inmates are on there. I met him and instantly I fell for him and wanted to talk to no one else but him. I knew what I like and what I want. However, I had NO IDEA he was in prison. After 5 days of chatting online, he told me. I was devastated. It was my first time on a dating website and I felt bamboozled by my naivete, and no fault of his, because as also said, if I would have seen his other two pics, which I didn't go into his page, I would've been able to tell. Anywho - too late now. I am completely in love. It will be one year in June. OH - aside from all of the above - he has a life sentence. Don't cry for me Argentina. I am SO grateful that God allowed us to meet, I believe it was predestined because of some of the weirdness and similarities. I am praying that 'somehow, someway' - life, doesn't really mean, life. I'm not looking that far ahead yet.
Old 03-15-2019, 06:28 PM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

Welcome to Prison Talk, I'm glad you found us.
Old 04-20-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbaby62 View Post
Hey everybody, as some of you already know I met my guy while he was incarcerated and I worked as a nurse at the facility. When I joined PTO, I knew nothing of being in a relationship with an inmate, the roller coaster ride I had willingly, by falling in love, had just climbed on. And a roller coaster ride it has been, I learned so much through you all here and through him there. I am glad this forum is here for us, thanks to everybody who answered my posts, gave me information, gave me support, who replied to my PM's, esp you Patty...I will continue to come back here to offer support and information even after he comes home...

Staci
I would love to hear your story! I just joined the site because I have began a relationship with someone at work, who has 9 years left. I need some advice, support,, tips, Idk. I never thought I would be in this situation so I'm so confused.
Old 04-20-2019, 11:59 AM

Default Intro

I met a guy at work who is an "inmate". He has been in for 12 and has 9 left unless he gets parole or clemency. I still work there and although the fling aspect has just begun, we have worked together for over a year and have been friends. Now, my feelings are getting involved. I need to vent, need advice, tips. I'm so confused.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kcnicole12 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-21-2019), Molu13 (07-16-2019), Sarianna (04-21-2019)
Old 04-21-2019, 03:22 AM
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,695 Times in 2,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcnicole12 View Post
I would love to hear your story! I just joined the site because I have began a relationship with someone at work, who has 9 years left. I need some advice, support,, tips, Idk. I never thought I would be in this situation so I'm so confused.
Welcome to Prison Talk, glad you found us The person you are replying to (Snowbaby62) has not logged in since 2015 but hopefully you will find support and helpful posts here anyway, I can see that you have located our MWI forums

Old 05-23-2019, 02:12 PM

Hi, Iím new on here but so glad I have found you all. I met my fiancť back in 2005. He found my details in a newsletter. Our friendship just grew into something so special. Iím currently in the UK. I started to visit him and we were going to get married, but through stupidity on both sides mainly mine in all honesty We drifted apart, until now. We are back in touch as if weíve never been apart. Iíve known him now for just over 20years and we are due to marry in Dec this year. I too have a lot of criticism about our relationship and sometimes I donít really know how to deal with it, but I do believe we are meant to be together and I have no doubt about my love for him or his for me. Thank you so much for allowing me to finally speak to people that are in a similar situation. I wish you all lots of love and happiness 😀🇬🇧
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Loopyloo For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-24-2019), kellydavid410 (05-23-2019), maytayah (05-23-2019), Molu13 (07-16-2019), Sarianna (05-25-2019), Tinker8ell55 (06-26-2019), WeepingWillow (05-24-2019)
Old 05-23-2019, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopyloo View Post
Hi, Iím new on here but so glad I have found you all. I met my fiancť back in 2005. He found my details in a newsletter. Our friendship just grew into something so special. Iím currently in the UK. I started to visit him and we were going to get married, but through stupidity on both sides mainly mine in all honesty We drifted apart, until now. We are back in touch as if weíve never been apart. Iíve known him now for just over 20years and we are due to marry in Dec this year. I too have a lot of criticism about our relationship and sometimes I donít really know how to deal with it, but I do believe we are meant to be together and I have no doubt about my love for him or his for me. Thank you so much for allowing me to finally speak to people that are in a similar situation. I wish you all lots of love and happiness
Congratulations It's so nice to hear happy things I wish you a life full of love and happiness
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kellydavid410 For This Useful Post:
Loopyloo (05-25-2019), Sarianna (05-25-2019)
Old 06-08-2019, 05:10 AM

Hey everyone! I posted on here once a few weeks ago but got busy and didn't keep up with reading the forum. I need to, though, because it's been a great way to learn as this is all completely new to me. I mean hell, even the whole dating thing is (single for 8 years!)

My story is a bit odd, and I'll try to keep it as brief as I can. My job moved me from Ohio to Florida and when I posted on Facebook asking if anyone knew anyone at all where I was going, my sister-in-law informed me that this is where she has family. She set me up with her Aunt who graciously offered me her spare room to rent. Awesome. We hit it off immediately and a couple days after I moved in she told me about her son and that he's currently in jail. She hesitated but asked if I'd be willing to write to him because he could really use a friend. They had just offered him 5 years (DUI with Serious Bodily Injury, and he's a Habitual Felony Offender), which he turned down, and he wasn't taking it well knowing that's what he's likely going to face. He actually called right after she asked. Since we were driving she had the phone on speaker and he was on the verge of tears. When she told him to meet his new pen pal he was all embarrassed but perked up and got excited that he'd get to talk to someone else. We connected on SmartJailMail on April 1 and started exchanging messages. One message a day quickly turned into two, then after a couple weeks we started talking on the phone. After just under 4 weeks I went there for a (video) visit. After that it was official... we had our hooks into each other.
He's the opposite of my usual, and I'm the opposite of his usual... in fact, he was very intimidated by me at first because I'm an EMT with a squeaky clean record who is currently working on two Master's degrees, while he's a habitual felon with a laundry list of offenses, an addict, and "only" has his GED. There's just something there and neither of us can figure it out. We're very realistic, though, and have talked extensively about the struggles and challenges the future will bring once he's out. He made sure early on that I looked him up and was aware of his entire history, and unless it pertains to his current case he's straightforward and honest about everything (remember, I live with his mom so I can verify everything hahaha)
He's been in this time since January after only being home for a week and has charges going on in two counties, so he's deemed "complex" and the judge has basically just hit the reset button on his case because his PD did jack shit for him (I'm currently trying to find out how to report the guy) and now he has a paid attorney. His mom is constantly telling me she loves me and she's so happy at how happy he's been since we've been talking. His entire outlook for the future has improved.
Anyway, that's my crazy story. Sorry for the novel... I tend to ramble when I'm super tired.

Last edited by reg8; 06-08-2019 at 05:17 AM.. Reason: Clarity
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to reg8 For This Useful Post:
kellydavid410 (06-08-2019), maytayah (06-09-2019), Molu13 (07-16-2019), MRSTIGERM (06-11-2019)
Old 06-11-2019, 11:16 PM
MrsTigerM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcnicole12 View Post
I met a guy at work who is an "inmate". He has been in for 12 and has 9 left unless he gets parole or clemency. I still work there and although the fling aspect has just begun, we have worked together for over a year and have been friends. Now, my feelings are getting involved. I need to vent, need advice, tips. I'm so confused.
Feel free to inbox me if needed. My husband and I started that way.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:19 PM
MrsTigerM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluteplayer View Post
Hello, I'm Peaches from South Carolina. I met this guy through pen pal a few months ago. He's being released in a couple of months. We have written a lot and talked a few times. He's shown interest in me and I have shown interest in him. At the moment I'm on the fence about dating him seriously. He seems like a sweet guy and still young, good looking, and shows to have a good head on his shoulders. He is in a federal prison, hasn't murdered anyone or has drug charges. I'm just confused because I've never dated someone in prison or was convicted. I do feel like he can give me everything I want which isn't materialistic things. I may just give him a chance despite of what other people may think.
Be concerned about your happiness. Screw what society thinks. There are some really good men behind bars...just made missteps or mistakes. Thats all.
Old 06-22-2019, 01:38 AM

Default Just curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjbrown View Post
Hello everyone this is my first time here and I thought it was about time I told my story .. I met my man through his sister, we are good friends and back in January she asked me to write him just as pen pals .. She had talked about him alot and it seemed as if we would have alot in common .. I had just had my son and I was all alone figured it would be cool to talk to someone .. Well I wrote him on New Years Eve .. He was in county then, well we wrote each other for about 6 weeks and he was transfered to tdcj .. That was in Feb I did not get a letter for about 6 weeks thought he had forgotten about me , we were just friends so it was no lose but I missed his letters .. Finally I got a letter and he was apologizing telling me how sorry he was and how much he missed me.. that was ok! We have been writing ever since, in last few months our relationship has gotten really intense and I started having real feelings for him and I know he had feelings for me .. So in August I finally told him that I love him and he was so excited, he said he had been waiting to hear that .. He said had been feeling that way for a long time but he did not want to freak me out.. So now we are planning to be together we he comes home .. It freaks me out because I have never heard his voice only seen his face in pictures, is he really the person he seems to be.. He is being transfered to a halfway house on Dec 6th and we can finally talk .. I am so excited .. His family or sister does not understand how we can really love each other and never met .. I cannot explain it to her because I dont know.. She is afraid he is using me because I do send him money but not much.. But she was the one who told me he was different then any guy I had ever met, he was a really good guy !! I am scared and I dont want to get my heart broken, please keep me in your prayers!
Sarah
So, its now 2019. What ended up happening between you two? Update please!
Old 06-22-2019, 01:59 AM
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,695 Times in 2,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsdelacruz View Post
So, its now 2019. What ended up happening between you two? Update please!
I don't think you're going to get a response to your question; this member only posted that one post in 2006 and has not logged in since. It would be great though if people kept updating, huh?

Old 06-25-2019, 07:05 PM

Default Met my future wife on PTO, then married in the system

I used to be a member here and met my wife on PTO. We were just friends and when I went back to prison she contacted me via mail. We hit off all over again and we got married in 2009. We are still together to this day. She rose with me for 11 years.

Technically, we met in prison but we talked in here without really meeting first.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ex Con 5 For This Useful Post:
Cutepixie (07-03-2019), miamac (06-25-2019), missingdee (06-26-2019), patchouli (06-25-2019), Sarianna (06-26-2019), Taliba00 (06-25-2019)
Old 06-29-2019, 10:53 AM

Hi everyone! I'm Heather. I'm so excited to have found you all! I started talking to this guy about a month ago and we have gotten pretty close! He's in California and I'm in NJ, and he's doing life (eligible for parole 2031) so I know the odds are against us, but I just feel something so special with him that I've never felt for anyone before. I'm excited but nervous. But we just have so much in common and I've never felt closer to anyone, even though we haven't even met! So I'm really hoping this works out ��
Old 06-30-2019, 04:45 AM

Hey,
I met my best friend in penpal site last February.... So weīve been writing every day since then. 4 months now. He calls me few times a week and as the days go by I am falling him for more and more...
We`ll be meeting on September first time ever...Excited but nervous.
Never visited anyone in prison before. My guy has been serving already 28 years...Will be in parole 2023...
And I am from Scandinavia....
Old 06-30-2019, 05:17 AM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

Welcome to Prison Talk. I hope you have a great visit on September.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:41 PM
WTF Just Happened

Hello everyone, I am from California and I met my Soulmate while I was a nurse at a facility and he was my patient. We didn't like each other when we first met, I actually threatened to kill him with a pair of scissors. We have been a couple for 4 years and married for 2 years. My husband is a Lifer with parole, he has been doing really good, and we get family visits. He goes to the parole board in August of 2023. We have learned a lot from each other!!
Old 07-13-2019, 04:16 PM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

Welcome to our forums. I hope he is granted an early parole.