Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central Everything about getting married in prison or jail. Notices, pictures, questions, stories, what to expect.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:37 PM

Does anyone have any information about getting married at FCI Sandstone? Any and all information is wanted!!
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2013, 10:26 PM

Default How to get married in Lino lakes MN Prison

So I live in Wisconsin and My BF is in Lino Lake Mn prison. We really want to get married and don't know how to go about doing it. We don't go to church so we dont have a pastor to do it. I need the whole 411 on how to go about doing it all the way down on how to get the licence without him being present, can he have a ring and how do he get it? Who all needs to be there? Do we have to pay the prison so basically ever lil detail? Please help me!!! Thanks!!
Old 04-27-2014, 07:44 PM

Post Getting married in St. Cloud MN Prison

My fiance and I are going to get married while he is in St Cloud prison and this is what I received from the prison as to how things go. Copied exactly:

MCF-SCL Wedding Policy

Per DOC policy, MCF-SCL does not encourage or assist in marriages, but will generally allow a marriage to take place in the visit room as long as it does not interfere with the normal operations of the visit room. If it is your desire to be married here at MCF-SCL, please follow the guidelines listed below.

1) Find someone to officiate the event. This person must fill out a Visiting Privilege Application form and be approved before they will be allowed into the institution to conduct the ceremony. The person officiating the event should be able to inform you of any State laws and other requirements that must be met before the wedding can take place.

2) Find two witnesses to witness the event. All witnesses must fill out a Visiting Privilege Application form and be an approved visitor on the Offender's visit list before they will be allowed in for the ceremony. (An offender will not be able to get married while on Reception status.) Four persons over the age of nine (Official, fiance, two witnesses).

3) The marriage ceremony needs to take place during normal visiting hours. Work with the visiting room staff to figure out a date and time that will work for everyone. All visiting area rules will apply - please review them.

4) After the marriage, the offender must notify his Case Manager so that the appropriate record changes can be made.

5) Wedding rings are not allowed into the facility. (Only offenders who are married and wearing their wedding band (must be a solid ring with NO stones) upon admission to the facility are allowed to have a ring while incarcerated.)

6) The maximum number of visitors at one time is four.

7) If he needs something notarized, he should contact his case manager.

8) Per policy, we cannot approve a kiss on the lips.

If you still wish to be married while he is incarcerated, please follow the guidelines above.

**Hope this helps anyone looking to get married to an inmate in St Cloud MN Prison.**
Old 04-27-2014, 07:50 PM

Smile Getting married in any prison

The inmate should speak to his/her case manager or the prison chaplain. They will give the inmate information to send to the person they are wanting to marry. This information should outline what is required to be done before getting married in that specific prison.

I have posted the Marriage policy for MCF-SCL (St Cloud Prison)

Hope this helps anyone out there. I know you all have helped me in figuring a few things out as well. So thank you to you all!!
Old 06-16-2016, 06:16 PM

There is a ministry that performs inmate marriages throughout Minnesota. Their name is Free Faith Fellowship - Abundance of Love Wedding Officiant Services. My brother used them and he paid $250 dollars for the marriage
Old 06-16-2016, 06:17 PM

The web site is wedding-mn.com
Old 06-24-2019, 04:16 AM

Default Stillwater Marriage

Me and my fiance are looking to get married in Stillwater. We have the license. Just held up on and officiant. Did anyone on here ever have any luck on getting married and of so, can you share the person who married you? Thanks in advance