Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > INDIANA > Indiana Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Indiana Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events Current news items and information on events related to the Indiana prison and criminal justice system.

Old 08-12-2012, 05:41 AM

Default Fight at Westville?

my husband told me there was a fight that broke out and one of the officers were hurt during the fight
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2012, 07:21 PM

Do you know what part of Westville where this happened? My son is there. Thanks. His roommate was found with a shank during an early morning inspection and they took him....somewhere. Awful place.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:12 PM

it was in the ec complex
Old 08-14-2012, 11:38 AM

Penny - that is where my son is, the EC complex. Many fights there. They just had that 4:00 am shakedown where my sons roommate got taken for having a shank, last year a guy got beat to death.
Let me know if you find out. My son does not have phone privledges so I can't find out until I visit again....but there are frequent lock downs there.
I have to wait 12 days between visits. Not everyone has to do this. He has visitation every 3 days but each person can only come once every 12 days, no idea why.
Hope we find out. I will post after my next visit and be watching here if you find out. There is much violence there.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:44 AM

All EC complex, every building, is on lock down. It is 1:43 p.m. on August 14th and I just called Westville. I do hope it is not a guard hurt. They will not tell when the lock down will be over so I will call before I visit, always do because of frequent lock downs. Frustrating.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:32 PM

I have not heard from my son in over 2 weeks and he used to call and write everyday. I understand about security but the inmates doing their time and trying to rehabilitate NEED their family to know we are here for them. This lockdown cap is going to take its toll on these inmates and eventually they are going to say wtf!!! No matter what they do, they can't get a head!! This is bull of the biggest kind. I feel imprisoned because all I do is sit and wait for my son to contact me some how. Before he has other inmates call and tell me what's up. Not even that! He wouldn't intentionally let me worry. I have left messages with shift supervisors, chaplain on duty, etc. . I'm going crazy with worry!!
Old 08-14-2012, 04:12 PM
Donation Award 

My LO is also there but works in another part. When he calls I'll get any information that I can and post what I find out. If there is something inparticular, just inbox me.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:48 AM

NBS Mom - I hear you loud and clear. My son is on lock downs most of the last 2 months. It was well over a month before I could visit him on Friday and then right back to lock down.
It is difficult to not think bad thoughts when I imagine why they have lock down so frequently. Like I have posted other places we who have loved ones at Westville need to call before every visit, I do. I drove 2 1/2 hours last month and it was the one day between long lock downs that visitors were allowed - we did not get in!!! Sat in the room waiting for the bus that came infrequently and took only a few people each time. Sorry but after a long lock down I think we would all take a visit time cut to allow more families in. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Trip back was frustrating.
No idea when they will be off lockdown now. I just called yesterday and no end in sight for now. sigh
Old 08-15-2012, 04:35 PM

Finally heard from my son at Westville. The EC complex will have visits tomorrow, but call first. I also talked. to someone in volunteer services who assured me that what they have been doing on EC complex will make EC more condusive to what the theraputic complex should be. Although EC is for educational classes, they have been housing inmates who are idle, so they get into trouble, causing those that are serious about their classes and time cuts yet have to put up with fights, theft, gang activity, etc. I guess they have been moving and doing shakedowns as well as investigating the on going riff raff housed in the EC complex. If your LO is involved in classes, hopefully they can resume, get their time cuts, and get out. If they were idle on EC dorm, they may have been moved. This is what I was told today. My LO sounded wonderful and I can see him after almost a month with no visits!

Last edited by NBSmom; 08-15-2012 at 04:36 PM..
Old 08-17-2012, 11:54 AM

Thanks NBS mom. I called today also and EC is not on lock down. I have no idea if my son has been moved. I will call the day I am back from my trip and am going to visit my son. I hope it is not on lock down again.
I did not know that EC was the educational complex. I have heard there are many more drugs, phones, dope, inmate violence and stealing than anywhere else in this prison. We get news in bits and pieces.
Hope to visit my son next week.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:56 PM

Westville is a very dangerous place no doubt about it my boo was in ec and there were constant issues however the absolute worst place is the disciplinary dorm by far contraband runs thru all of Westville and is introduced thru visiting and cos like crazy I have witnessed this with my own eyes.... ec dorm has a heavy gang population from my understanding I wont go into specifics and also I happen to know that there are several instances where rather than having people take classes there are lots of idle hands there
Old 08-20-2012, 09:52 AM

Bigbirdsgirl - Yes! I'd like to talk about what really goes on at Westville but don't want my son punished....sites like this are public after all. I am staggered by the amount of dope, sex, gambling, money, phones and contraband are there. My son trying to stay clean is against the tide. He's in EC and are on lock down so much.
My husband visited him yesterday Aug. 19 and the prison moved out all the 'idle' guys so maybe it will calm downa bit.
Apparently the inmates never did stop throwing trash out the windows then the guard was attacked so..... lots of moving around.
It is going to be a long 3 1/2 more years for my son. Violent criminals and armed robbery inmates got less time than my son, his was drugs but no selling only himself.
Prison has been good for him but the sentence is far too long, he's already served 2 years.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:09 PM

I am so thankful that others are here that I can lean on, vent and gain support. My LO is able to make up classes so an OCT release date is still in sight.