Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Coming Home
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coming Home Dedicated to discussions about our loved ones that are coming home soon. Discussions here should not fit any other category.

Old 01-24-2018, 01:24 PM
Love Endures All

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
Omg im so excited for you. Are you getting nervous or are you more excited.
Neither of the two and I think that has to do with it not being my first time doing this with him, if that makes any sense........Lol

I'm just ready to put this rodeo ride behind us once and for all! That's it that's all

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2018, 01:35 PM

Thanked 2,911 Times in 1,785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by URSUNSHINE View Post
Neither of the two and I think that has to do with it not being my first time doing this with him, if that makes any sense........Lol

I'm just ready to put this rodeo ride behind us once and for all! That's it that's all
Oh yeah it makes total sense. I'm right there with you. Though it's been a long time since he was in last time it was a really short sentence. This one (3)
Years is about killing me but I'm holding on.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:36 PM

Quote:
I never thought about that but i think these people work for the union. Isn't that state?? I have no clue. Either way its frustrating. He called this morning and still no class but was told they would be back up and going today with another person. Frustrating to say the least. But he did get another job so hes really happy about that. He said at least he knows now that things will be clean and done right. I just think this is going to keep happening and he wont get it done in time. But im staying positive and hope that he will make it in time.
Sorry im so late again responding i been getting my house together my Hubbys PO comes tomorrow to do a walk through of our house to get him appeoved to live here. But i am praying for u and your Husband its always something with the system but it always works out. It will work out for u guys. It sucks but it will be better and i would think they see whats going on with his classes and its not him.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrsmusej For This Useful Post:
Chaddersgirl (01-29-2018)
Old 01-25-2018, 06:20 AM

Oh my gosh how exciting. I need to get busy cleaning my closets because they are horrible and I know these people will be looking in there. Lol. Happy for you though . I know it will all work out. It just frustrates us both. Hope you have a good day today.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Oh my gosh how exciting. I need to get busy cleaning my closets because they are horrible and I know these people will be looking in there. Lol. Happy for you though . I know it will all work out. It just frustrates us both. Hope you have a good day today.
Yes im very excited. It was such a short notice smh. And u have a good day also.:-)
Old 01-25-2018, 11:32 AM

Ha go figure. Always last minute.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:19 PM

Hi, I'm new here, but my love is in TTH Tarpon Springs, Fl. He gets out in August. I live in Jersey, so while he'll be getting out, I won't be around for it. I'm so happy he's so close to free, but I wish the situation were a little different so that we wouldn't be so far away when he gets out.

** anyone in a similar situation? I'm wondering how you plan to handle it.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumb View Post
Hi, I'm new here, but my love is in TTH Tarpon Springs, Fl. He gets out in August. I live in Jersey, so while he'll be getting out, I won't be around for it. I'm so happy he's so close to free, but I wish the situation were a little different so that we wouldn't be so far away when he gets out.

** anyone in a similar situation? I'm wondering how you plan to handle it.
Yay August will be here before you know it. It will be hard being away from him when he gets out. I domt know how I would feel about that. Do you plan on moving there?? I have family in Jersey I love it there but not enough to move there lol.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsmusej View Post
Sorry im so late again responding i been getting my house together my Hubbys PO comes tomorrow to do a walk through of our house to get him appeoved to live here. But i am praying for u and your Husband its always something with the system but it always works out. It will work out for u guys. It sucks but it will be better and i would think they see whats going on with his classes and its not him.
I swear this prison system is bipolar lol. Another guy came in and took over the class today and made up for all they missed. I'm seriously done worrying about these classes lmao. I'm sure he will get them done in time. But they can't keep a darn teacher to save their life ugh.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Yay August will be here before you know it. It will be hard being away from him when he gets out. I domt know how I would feel about that. Do you plan on moving there?? I have family in Jersey I love it there but not enough to move there lol.
Well, I grew up here. Jersey is IT for me lol. I love Florida, but wouldn't want to live there. He doesn't want to stay there either, because he wants to get away from the temptations etc. But I don't know how he'd do in Jersey year round. Winter and he do not agree with each other lol.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Well, I grew up here. Jersey is IT for me lol. I love Florida, but wouldn't want to live there. He doesn't want to stay there either, because he wants to get away from the temptations etc. But I don't know how he'd do in Jersey year round. Winter and he do not agree with each other lol.
My husband would move back there in a minute but it's not for me. Way to much going on there. I like small towns with little crime. He likes big cities. He was born in queens then moved to Jersey. I know we are moving but not sure where yet.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:17 PM

Quote:
My husband would move back there in a minute but it's not for me. Way to much going on there. I like small towns with little crime. He likes big cities. He was born in queens then moved to Jersey. I know we are moving but not sure where yet.
oh, girl, I'm not in THAT Jersey lol. I'm in Hunterdon County. Farm towns, low crime, winding county roads, the nearest mall is 30min away, everybody knows you when you go in the stores in town. not at all like the Jersey you're thinking of. But it cracks me up that thats the first thing people associate with Jersey. There are those areas for sure, but the nearest city-like area is about 45min- 1hr away. Maybe you should move here! lol!

actually we just talked about that today, "Leo" was saying that until he came to visit me he thought Jersey was a stinky, greasy place with traffic and noise and crowded streets.

we talked more about things, he's being really open about his experience, which is so comforting to me. its not all good stuff, but he's being honest. he went to Walmart for the first time in 7.5yrs today. he said his anxiety was crazy. he wasn't expecting it to be like it was. he was all freaked out. not upset, more like really surprised. Did your husband go through that kind of adjustment?
The Following User Says Thank You to Crumb For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2018, 06:12 AM

Quote:
oh, girl, I'm not in THAT Jersey lol. I'm in Hunterdon County. Farm towns, low crime, winding county roads, the nearest mall is 30min away, everybody knows you when you go in the stores in town. not at all like the Jersey you're thinking of. But it cracks me up that thats the first thing people associate with Jersey. There are those areas for sure, but the nearest city-like area is about 45min- 1hr away. Maybe you should move here! lol!

actually we just talked about that today, "Leo" was saying that until he came to visit me he thought Jersey was a stinky, greasy place with traffic and noise and crowded streets.

we talked more about things, he's being really open about his experience, which is so comforting to me. its not all good stuff, but he's being honest. he went to Walmart for the first time in 7.5yrs today. he said his anxiety was crazy. he wasn't expecting it to be like it was. he was all freaked out. not upset, more like really surprised. Did your husband go through that kind of adjustment?
Now that Jersey I wouldn't mind but he wouldn't go for that he would want to move where he grew up. I've only been to the parts of Jersey where it's super busy. When we went there on our Honeymoon someone was murdered like three houses down from where we had rented a house. Yikes Nope lol
He probably will be that way a little bit but he adjusts to things pretty well. By the time he comes home it will have only been three years and much hasn't change so I'm sure he will be fine with everything.
Old 01-29-2018, 07:49 AM

Quote:
I've been right ware you are. I thought i was going crazy for real. But he was in seg but not in trouble. For almost a month. I hope you hear something vwry soon.
So I did finally hear from him....still no word on the warrant but we should find out today when he talks to his case manager, there is a chance there is a new charge that just popped up but we are trying to stay positive. But I'll be honest I am scared, he did admit it is possible there is a new charge.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:59 AM
Love Endures All

Quote:
Oh yeah it makes total sense. I'm right there with you. Though it's been a long time since he was in last time it was a really short sentence. This one (3)
Years is about killing me but I'm holding on.
Hang on in there! Whatever doesn't kill you, can only make you that much stronger. You got this! It's almost OVER!

Old 01-29-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo21216 View Post
So I did finally hear from him....still no word on the warrant but we should find out today when he talks to his case manager, there is a chance there is a new charge that just popped up but we are trying to stay positive. But I'll be honest I am scared, he did admit it is possible there is a new charge.
Oh My gosh how frustrating is that. Well let's hope it turns out to be nothing. Ugh
My husband said a guy in his unit was set to ve released last Monday and when they went to pack him up they told him that he wasn't going home that he was going to county jail and he asked why and they said there was reason to believe he was involved in a murder so he now has a murder charge. Wow. Keep me posted.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by URSUNSHINE View Post
Hang on in there! Whatever doesn't kill you, can only make you that much stronger. You got this! It's almost OVER!
I'm hanging in there. I think once we know he has parole for sure I'll be better. I'm just scared of the what if he doesn't get it situation. So is he but I'm going to be positive through it all. We can't change it so why live negatively.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:33 PM

Default Coming home!!!

Well it's finally almost over... February 14 is the day I pick him up! I am so excited!!! He actually just wants to come home and be with our family. 😀 I have a surprise welcome home party planned for him. How can I focus on anything else!? I feel like a crazy person but we both agree that we have such a mental and physical connection. We are each other's best friend! Lol Any simple ideas from anyone?? I don't want to overwhelm him...
The Following User Says Thank You to DreNAmber16 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2018, 02:46 PM

I got great news today his custody level dropped and he has been approved for work release. His classification officer will have the paper work submitted by the end of this week im so very happy it was the best late birthday gift ever!!!

Old 01-29-2018, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsmusej View Post
Do they call your rental property like how does those walk throughs work?
Old 01-29-2018, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWWIFEY View Post
I got great news today his custody level dropped and he has been approved for work release. His classification officer will have the paper work submitted by the end of this week im so very happy it was the best late birthday gift ever!!!
This is awesome!!!!! Congrats! Im so happy for you both!!! One step closer to being done and back home!
Old 01-29-2018, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreNAmber16 View Post
Well it's finally almost over... February 14 is the day I pick him up! I am so excited!!! He actually just wants to come home and be with our family. 😀 I have a surprise welcome home party planned for him. How can I focus on anything else!? I feel like a crazy person but we both agree that we have such a mental and physical connection. We are each other's best friend! Lol Any simple ideas from anyone?? I don't want to overwhelm him...
I think having a surprise welcome home party might be over whelming not unless he's into that sort of thing. IMHO his first few days or a week home should be spent quietly adjusting to life again. But yay he's coming home.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWWIFEY View Post
Omg yes that's very exciting. I'm happy for you both
Old 01-30-2018, 09:45 PM

How is everyone doing. We are almost out of January yay. On to another month. Anyone's loved one come home in February I know we have DreNAmber do we have anyone else. ?? How is everyone.?
Old 01-30-2018, 10:39 PM

Quote:
I think having a surprise welcome home party might be over whelming not unless he's into that sort of thing. IMHO his first few days or a week home should be spent quietly adjusting to life again. But yay he's coming home.
It's nothing big... Just family and close friends. He is very family oriented person. The family wanted to do it the day he comes home and I had to tell them give him a few days because he said we are going MIA and it will just be us and the kids... I am so excited it's the only thing on my mind! I do have to say this group helped me through a lot! 😀 We are just focused on our future and ready to start teaching them goals! No papers or anything.... Completely free!