Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Coming Home
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coming Home Dedicated to discussions about our loved ones that are coming home soon. Discussions here should not fit any other category.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:06 AM

Default The Closer He Gets to Coming Home - He's all I seem to talk about

So as of today, we are down to 10months!!!..YaY!!..My Husband has been down since 08' and yes I've talked about him alot/always, but now it seems he is all I talk about..sure its not a bad thing, but I'm starting to think my Family and Friends are gettin tired of me talkin bout him?..I know he Loves it but I don't want everyone gettin sick of me??..
It jus feels like anything that comes out of my mouth is "my Husband this, My Husband that" I've read a few threads that women say the closer it gets to him commin home the more they miss their man...Maybe that's what I'm feelin?? I do miss him, but I didn't think anymore than than when he went in??..
Do any of you Ladies have any Helpful tips on how to help me with this??.. maybe this is my way of dealin wit the stress I'm goin thru, and the Kids started a count down so everyday not only am I reminded by them but my own countdown...
:Help:

Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2012, 12:08 AM
Love Dont Run<3

I'd like to know too! I find myself bringing him up in the most random conversations. It's like I find a way to include him in EVERYTHING I talk about. A lot of my friends and family are tired of hearing me talk about him. But as crazy as it sounds he's 95% of my life right now.

So on fire & so in love that look in your eyes that I miss so much - remind me, baby, remind me.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:19 AM
Love Lives Here

No wonder you talk about him all the time...10 months to go..especially after being down for so long.

I talk about C a lot so the best advice I can give to help would be just to try and limit what you say. Its a hard thing to do but find those you know that can understand why you talk about him so much.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:37 PM

I'm takin what another person said and only limit myself to how much I talk bout him...so many things I need to get done in the next few months and not only is it for the Kids and I, but for my Husband as well...Thank you ladies!!!!

Old 05-25-2012, 09:23 PM

It will get so much worse. Wait until you are down to 60 days. Every thought will be about him. It consumes you. There is so much to be done but you can't do anything.

I have to make myself sit down and write letters to him. When I write it is usually 6 pages and that is at least 3 times a week now. We have a lot to talk about with him coming home soon but it is an effect to do it. Before it was fun. Oh how I hate the time drag.

By the time we get down to 7 days I probabbly will stop sleeping too. I hear that that can happen. I am not looking foreard to that at all.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:29 PM

Yeah im going through something similar. He gets out in six months and he will be in work release in 37 days. Ive so far waited two years. I have not seen him in a year. So hes all i seem to talk about lately. I know my family is sick of me talking about him but i dont care lol.

Whats family for haha.... Then when i have days an all i want to do is talk about him, thats where this site comes in handy lol. I try to talk with ladies on here about what there going through ect.... I think its actually natural to feel so anxious and excited about it.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:35 PM

You know I talk about my husband a lot too lol. People probably get sick of me as well..if it gets worse as they get closer to coming home, no one will want to talk to me around this time next year haha. I am sure most of them understand you're getting excited about him coming home, I really wouldn't worry about it.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess1029 View Post
You know I talk about my husband a lot too lol. People probably get sick of me as well..if it gets worse as they get closer to coming home, no one will want to talk to me around this time next year haha. I am sure most of them understand you're getting excited about him coming home, I really wouldn't worry about it.

I couldnt agree more.... Dont worry what people think. Im sure there are things they talk about just as much.

Thing is they just dont understand what its like if they have not been through it. Just make friends here on PTO an talk your head off about him =) good luck to you!
Old 06-07-2012, 06:06 PM

i talk about my bf alot to