Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Oklahoma.

Old 11-14-2011, 05:06 AM

Default Friend recently transferred to North Fork, what's it like there?

my name is kim, im new to the website but so far i have read alot of info. my friend is currently serving his sentence in North Fork CF he was recently transfered there from AZ. hes gonna serve the remainder of his time there & well i been hearing alot of bad things such as the riots that go on, can anybody pls inform me how things work down there or how is it?? I havent heard from him in a while no call no letter, nothing...

Last edited by kim_2008; 11-14-2011 at 05:14 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2011, 11:59 AM
His Wife, عاكِفة

Thanked 3,631 Times in 2,247 Posts

Hi Kim...welcome to PTO and the NFCF forum! As you may have heard, there was a riot at NFCF last month, so right now all the inmates are on lockdown. They are not able to receive packages, visits or make phone calls. That may be part of the reason you have not heard from your friend yet. M'love has been at NFCF for a little over a year now, and this riot was the first that they've had since he's been there...I'm not sure about before that.

There are good and bad things about NFCF. For example, I feel they get better health care at NFCF than they did in Cali (Idk about AZ since m'love was never there). The visits are for five days, which is pretty awesome. Also, there's not as long of a waiting period for an inmate to get a job or take a class (when they are not on lockdown, of course). Right now, mail seems to be running quickly, which is also good. One of the biggest issues, though, is that it seems that inmates, particularly the Hispanic inmates, seemed to get put on lockdown frequently. Another issue that many of us have with NFCF right now is that they do not allow inmates to get married...however, the Chaplain has informed m'love that they are working on changing this (well, that was before the riot). Unfortunately, we don't know how long this current lockdown will last, or how the riot will effect the way things are ran at NFCF. I'm sorry your friend was transferred here during this mess.

"Time as a measurement of love is eternal.
It extends beyond the borders of forever into the depths of infinity.
I love you this and much more."
~~M'love

Finally, happily married to m'love: 1/25/13.

Jeg lærer dansk (for et år) og norsk (for ti uger).

The Following User Says Thank You to HesMyForever For This Useful Post:
kim_2008 (11-26-2011)