Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WISCONSIN > Wisconsin General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wisconsin General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Wisconsin that do not fit into any other Wisconsin sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:01 AM
Texas Mama

Default Terry from Texas / How much time for Heroin?

My son is currently in the Marinette county jail Marinette Wisconsin. I live in Texas. He has no family up there and in fact the house where hye was living was raided and everyone went to jail.This makes the situation more upsetting for me. His chg. is a Felony F man/del of heroin.He has never been in trouble but his bond is 25000.00 cash only!Im also told that probation is NOT offered on this type felony, if anyone can give me an idea at how much time he might get and which facility he could be sent to.Or any info would be appreciated . Im truly in the dark , thanks friends....Daniels mama.....Terry
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2011, 06:42 AM
Texas Mama

Default danielsmom just checking....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndsaysmom View Post
My son is currently in the Marinette county jail Marinette Wisconsin. I live in Texas. He has no family up there and in fact the house where hye was living was raided and everyone went to jail.This makes the situation more upsetting for me. His chg. is a Felony F man/del of heroin.He has never been in trouble but his bond is 25000.00 cash only!Im also told that probation is NOT offered on this type felony, if anyone can give me an idea at how much time he might get and which facility he could be sent to.Or any info would be appreciated . Im truly in the dark , thanks friends....Daniels mama.....Terry
Am I posting this right? Just checking its been awhile since ive been on here. Please let me know, thanks so much!!.....tt
Old 07-21-2011, 07:50 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 36,454 Times in 16,805 Posts

You're posting just fine sweetie.....I'm not familiar with Wisconsin's Statutes but do wish you and you son the best outcome for his charges. Is there any way he can get into a Rehab? Hopefully his attorney will file a motion for a reduced bond, but if all his family is out of state, that might not fly.
Welcome to PTO!
EDIT: You're never too far away to help. Stay strong and write him often.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Last edited by patchouli; 07-21-2011 at 07:51 PM..
Old 07-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Til death do us part

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndsaysmom View Post

I live in Wisconsin and my boyfriend is in manitowoc county. I am not sure how much time he could get but they usually go from the county jail to a dodge facility and they stay at that facility for a good month i believe before they are sent to the actual prison. Sorry I wasn't much help! I hope you find the answers you are looking for!
The Following User Says Thank You to Meggers421 For This Useful Post:
lyndsaysmom (11-04-2013)
Old 07-23-2011, 11:43 AM

Welcome Terry. Sorry to hear about your son. It is tough. There is a website called vinelink www.vinelink.com which you can use to see where your son is at.

Also you can use http://wcca.wicourts.gov/index.xsl that will give you information about his case.

Write him often and come here often we may have answers to your questions... If not we will support you either way.

Calls can get expensive from Texas to Wisconsin. Keep praying.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluvsu For This Useful Post:
lyndsaysmom (11-04-2013)
Old 10-20-2011, 08:46 AM

Okay terry from what i do know and what other friends have experianced it is roughly about 2 1/2 to 5 years maybe longer wisconsin is more of a treatment state when it come to drugs now i dont know that much about all of this so i am just telling you off of personal experiance with friends that had the same charges but i do wish you the best of luck as for a facility im not sure but usually they do try to go with a facility where he will receive treatment also for my boyfriend that was MSDF best of luck sorry i couldn't be more help
The Following User Says Thank You to auggiesgirl8183 For This Useful Post:
lyndsaysmom (11-04-2013)