Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Michigan that do not fit into any other Michigan sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 02-04-2006, 10:18 AM

Default Moved to investigate a reported fight..would they move him w/o a ticket for it??

My husband has been transferred from Camp Branch to Crane. He said that another inmate wrote a kite to a CO saying that he was involved in a fight. My husband has been in the hold for 5 days. He says that he was not involed in any fights. I don't understand how he got transferred if he wasn't actually seen fighting. He said that he didn't get a ticket because there was no proof of any fight and that he got transferred just so that the so called incident could be investigated. I really don't believe him. I really hope he is telling the truth. He signed his 30 day notice for parole last month. His ERD is 7-16-06. So I'm praying that a fight ticket is not on his record because it could mean a flop. Does it sound like a lie to you all?
Old 02-04-2006, 10:51 AM
Very Much Missed Administrator
Donation Award 

I don't know him, I can't say if he's telling you the truth or not, but they don't transfer someone because someone else said there was a fight. There could be dozens of reasons for him to be in the hole and being transferred... I'd say he's not telling you the whole story. Sorry!! I hope you can work this out with him.
But they all get along and
EVERYONE is happy!

R.I.P. Sally! This Dragon is Flying High Again.. WE LOVE YOU & Will Never Forget!
Old 02-04-2006, 11:18 AM

I wish he would be honest with me. He insists he his telling the truth. I cannot wait another 12 months or so if he gets a flop for doing something stupid, especially when it is so close to coming home. But I know its more to this story. I'm so nervous now about his parole hearing. His counselor would not tell me anything about him.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:42 PM
Clueless Michigan Member
Donation Award 

Well a lot of times guys put in snitch kites but that doesn't mean that he was involved in a fight. If he did not get a ticket and have a hearing then he didn't get a ticket. There is a time limit on when they can give tickets.

Old 02-13-2006, 01:58 PM
His Wife
Donation Award 

Well my BF was in Lakeland and they sent him to Jackson because someone sent a kite saying he was involved in illegal activity with a c/o that had been busted for drug trafficking. He was in the hole 2 months while they investigated without being charged or given a ticket, I called everyday and wrote and Lansing to get a move on thing. After the investigation they found out he had no involvement and had only been a week before the c/o was busted, he and the other guy had an altercation. No apologies or anything, I had to get an attorney once I did the speed things up.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:11 PM
Closed

Well my husband has been under investigation before without his knowledge and once they completed they told him why; we were basically being watched during our visits and made to sit at a table across from each other; then I noticed they were monitoring his outgoinh mail so I told him; he then sent a kite to the warden and was called out by the inspector and was basically told that more than one person had told them he(my husband) was smuggling drugs and I was the one bringing them to him; they were soon to find a man that wants to come home very bad and wife that wants him home! Alot of it depends on the facility and how they decide to deal with it! They usually wont move some one off the suspciousion unless they have some type of evidence!
Old 02-13-2006, 05:12 PM
Clueless Michigan Member
Donation Award 

I have known MDOC to move people if they get a kite to avoid further altercations. Even if one never existed in the first place. MDOC moves people when they want to move them. There doesn't have to be a reason.

Old 02-13-2006, 10:10 PM

Yes, they will move people if there are allegations, even before there is proof. Trying to keep things safe is their rationale.