Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status All discussions relating to specific Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison units, Texas State Jails & Private prisons, and County Jails.

Old 07-14-2016, 02:06 PM

Default Former Employee

Hi, I am new to this whole thing. I am a Former Employee, not of TDCJ. I met my offender whilst she was at another unit. She has since been moved to Crain and we have been writing back and forth. It has been wonderful thus far. My concern is will I be able to visit her? She has asked for my address and phone number so that she can add me to her list. How long does it normally take for them to get an answer back? I am a little over anxious, I know, but I really do miss her. I would love more than anything to be able to see her. The policy said something about "admitting a relationship with an offender". It sounded like we could still visit as I was not a TDCJ employee. Any information would be very helpful and appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2016, 05:58 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,296 Times in 1,265 Posts

I don't know the turn around time, but welcome to PTO.

"
There is no question that in virtually all circumstances in which people are doing things in order to get rewards, extrinsic tangible rewards undermine intrinsic motivation." the New Scientist (12th April 2011, pp 40-43)

" Every life you touch, every fear or pain you ease, every loved ones' heart that you ease the burden from is the reason you are here."
Old 07-14-2016, 07:48 PM

Thanked 10,973 Times in 5,954 Posts

You say former employee but not TDCJ...that suggests to me Windham or an employee with one of the colleges providing instruction or else one of the medical contract vendors (ie. UTMB or TTUHSC). That is still subject to disclosure under the visitation guidelines.

"For the purpose of offender visitation, includes anyone currently or
previously employed by the TDCJ, or anyone currently or previously
employed by an agent of the TDCJ, including a private prison vendor,
Windham School District (WSD), University of Texas Medical Branch
(UTMB), Texas Tech University of Health Science Center (TTUHSC), or
any other similar entity."

Failure to disclose the relationship could result in your removal from both the list as well as phone privilege being restricted. Disclosure of the relationship will also very likely mean no visitation, at least until two years have elapsed from your departure/separation date...longer if there was any hint of disciplinary investigation related to the relationship.

Visiting lists may be updated at six-month intervals (address changes can be done when they are necessary since that is not the addition or deletion of a person).
Old 07-14-2016, 07:59 PM

Thanked 5,815 Times in 3,037 Posts

Its basically the same as above has said everywhere if not worse. Good luck!!