Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: Are you faithful to your man?
yes 1,455 92.50%
no 64 4.07%
would rather not say 54 3.43%
Voters: 1573. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-14-2018, 01:55 PM
Beach Girl

Listen, I am a physical person.. it’s who I am, always have been. I’m not a long distance relationship kind of gal, I screw it up. The first couple years he was in, I knew he was the one but I don’t think I was mature enough to be faithful. I’ve always been a little selfish. We always kept talking throughout all my relationships. He didn’t want me to be alone and I love being in a relationship. Flash forward, him and i are now married and I have NEVER been more faithful and honest in my entire life. Sometimes I’m physically lonely, and when I am - I send him a message (tablet), take a bath, and avoid men like the plague until my urge passes. At this point? The thought of any other man touching me besides my husband? Makes me want to vomit. Lol I’m waking up every day excited it’s one day closer to him coming home. BUT I don’t judge others - this isn’t a life I’d recommend to people lol

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2018, 04:01 AM
*Us3AgainstTheWorld*

I'm deeply in love with minez and i truly do not want to lose him and if it ever came down to it I am done with relationships cause I put my all in US.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiesimmons View Post
Question. How do you stay faithful to your man when hes going to be gone a LONG time. What can you do? It bothers me bc I dont know if I can but I dont want to ruin my marriage and cheating is one way to throw it right out the window. What do you women do that have to wait for 20 yrs or so. Mine is only 2 yrs but I dont think that I can wait for him to come home!
Then u must not love him.... How can u cheat on someone u love?
Old 02-18-2018, 08:36 PM

JMO but I feel like two yrs is nothing. I’ve been single for longer stretches than that and each time I was “celibate”. That has more to do with the fact that I have never been the type to be in to casual encounters. Sex to me is a very intimate act which I will not partake in unless I have strong feelings for the person and am in an established relationship. So for me cheating on my love is not even an option or thought. I side with those that say if you can cheat then the love and bound isn’t what you think it is. I’ve been cheated on in the past and it is truly devastating. I’m not judging you for asking, I would just advise that if you really love him and are telling him you are going to do this time with him, think long and hard before you act. My man has done 17 yrs. At the 7 yr mark he broke up with his then gf because he found out she was cheating. It rocked him and almost got him more time. Your actions with have consequences so consider that as well. He’s told me stories about women cheating on their inmates and getting pregnant and it destroys the guy cause he never saw it coming. I would wait a million yrs for this man! If you think you can’t hang in there I would say consider ending things.... it’s better than cheating. 20 yrs is a long time and if you cheat once, then what happens in another couple yrs, etc. Is it worth the hurt and guilt? These are just my thoughts. I wish you the best of luck.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:06 PM
Banned

Tempted to invite my ex over...rough night 2nite.

Last edited by Violet344; 03-05-2018 at 08:28 PM..
Old 03-05-2018, 08:09 PM
Banned

Just told him in a letter I'm too passionate to wait years and can’t resist the dating offers i get forever. He's up for possibe parole thus summer and will know in May. We will reevaluate then. I'm not getting any younger and I'm starting to think he's playing me anyway. TONS of red flags.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:47 PM

Thanked 2,760 Times in 1,724 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet344 View Post
Just told him in a letter I'm too passionate to wait years and can’t resist the dating offers i get forever. He's up for possibe parole thus summer and will know in May. We will reevaluate then. I'm not getting any younger and I'm starting to think he's playing me anyway. TONS of red flags.
Your to passionate to wait till summer? Or you think you can't stay faithful??
Old 03-10-2018, 11:43 AM

Like others have said here, just the thought of someone else touching me makes me sick to my stomach, it just doesn't feel right, even imagining my favorite actor, Tom Hardy touching me doesn't feel right lol so I must be in love lol! Just knowing that in mid may my bf will be home and cuddling in bed makes me want to somehow push time forward quicker. At night when I feel lonely and terribly miss him cuddling up to me, I spray a little of his deodorant on his pillow, and put the pillow behind me before I got to sleep at night, close my eyes and I feel content with imagining that it is him behind me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to char_hart80 For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (03-13-2018), Sarianna (03-10-2018)
Old 03-13-2018, 07:39 PM

Can’t even stand the thought of being with someone else. If you really love and care about the person I don’t think you would really want to.

The Following User Says Thank You to Luv_jai For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (03-13-2018)
Old 03-16-2018, 12:08 AM
AmyLynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet344 View Post
Tempted to invite my ex over...rough night 2nite.
If you are that tempted maybe you need to let go of him first and then move on with your physical needs so you can be passionate all you want.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:34 AM

There is no "making Love" without the love.. My man got 100 years.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Question. How do you stay faithful to your man when hes going to be gone a LONG time. What can you do? It bothers me bc I dont know if I can but I dont want to ruin my marriage and cheating is one way to throw it right out the window. What do you women do that have to wait for 20 yrs or so. Mine is only 2 yrs but I dont think that I can wait for him to come home!

I stay faithful because I love him. No question about it. I work and stay busy on what we need as a foundation to keep building until he is released. With that on my mind 100%. I don't need to even worry or think about it. My eyes only see him as I look ahead to our future. It's clear as day for me. Good luck to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to crystal.dawn72 For This Useful Post:
LadyRampage (03-25-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali310 View Post
What can you do to stay faithful to your man?? You stay faithful!! Not to sound rude but how or why did you get married?? This is not your boyfriend but your HUSBAND. You don't know if you can remain faithful?! For 2 years?! Only 2 years?! Apparently, you married for sex and not love. When you truly love someone you're not thinking about relations with another person. Real relationships are not to be based on sex but rather on love. Your husband is in prison and all you can think about is sex?? There are so many other things you could do: college, pick up a trade, culinary classes, join the gym, get a second job, church group, volunteer, etc. Making us women look bad, no wonder this men get nervous in their thoughts. Acting like sex addicts... we are women not men.

My sentiments exactly!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crystal.dawn72 For This Useful Post:
beachgypsy (08-01-2018), LadyRampage (03-25-2018)
Old 03-25-2018, 08:09 PM

It’s not hard for me being that I’ve been abstinent before. When he first got locked up, at the end of every conversation he’s like “Hold it down”. I take one day at a time and try to keep my mind on other things! It’s rough but that’s my baby!! I don’t want to lay up with just anybody. My lady parts are special and I treasure it!
Old 03-29-2018, 01:58 AM

Unhappy

my husband is currently in a half way house in toledo. Him and i have been together for 8 years married going on 4 of them. Me and him were so in love for so many years until he became a herion addict and our lives went in a down hill spiral. Now i am not judging because i myself served 2 years in prison for a crime related to my drug addiction. I tried to be as understanding as possible. For many years i did this, he then went to a treatment facility for 6 months. then he got out of there and was out maybe 6 months and was heading to prison. He got sentenced to 1 year in prison. After he left i fell into a very deep depression and relapsed myself. I was in a dark place and i needed him more than anything in the world. But he was to busy telling me that he needed money on his books and he needed me to send a money gram so he could have smokes. It was always been about him, its like i never get to have a break down because no one is there to pick me up. Well i broke down and my husbands child hood friend who i also have been friends with for 14 years was there to pick me up. I cheated on my husband with him and i also fell in love with him. I recently asked my husband for a divorce. He refuses to let me go and be happy with this guy. A part of me still holds on to my husband but i dont know y or what to do about it. Anyone have any advice.....
Old 03-29-2018, 05:27 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,942 Times in 11,658 Posts

Do what is best for you. If you are sure, file for a divorce anyway.
Old 03-29-2018, 09:08 AM

Thanked 2,751 Times in 956 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maynard80195 View Post
my husband is currently in a half way house in toledo. Him and i have been together for 8 years married going on 4 of them. Me and him were so in love for so many years until he became a herion addict and our lives went in a down hill spiral. Now i am not judging because i myself served 2 years in prison for a crime related to my drug addiction. I tried to be as understanding as possible. For many years i did this, he then went to a treatment facility for 6 months. then he got out of there and was out maybe 6 months and was heading to prison. He got sentenced to 1 year in prison. After he left i fell into a very deep depression and relapsed myself. I was in a dark place and i needed him more than anything in the world. But he was to busy telling me that he needed money on his books and he needed me to send a money gram so he could have smokes. It was always been about him, its like i never get to have a break down because no one is there to pick me up. Well i broke down and my husbands child hood friend who i also have been friends with for 14 years was there to pick me up. I cheated on my husband with him and i also fell in love with him. I recently asked my husband for a divorce. He refuses to let me go and be happy with this guy. A part of me still holds on to my husband but i dont know y or what to do about it. Anyone have any advice.....
I can’t even imagine going through what you’ve written here and assume it was 100x worse than what you describe here. Find a way to forgive yourself and if you are happy with this man move on with no guilt. Life is too short for regrets.

“Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own”
Old 03-30-2018, 06:20 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,199 Times in 1,469 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maynard80195 View Post
It was always been about him, its like i never get to have a break down because no one is there to pick me up. Well i broke down and my husbands child hood friend who i also have been friends with for 14 years was there to pick me up. I cheated on my husband with him and i also fell in love with him. I recently asked my husband for a divorce. He refuses to let me go and be happy with this guy. A part of me still holds on to my husband but i dont know y or what to do about it. Anyone have any advice.....
It sounds to me that your husband & you probably are better off going your separate ways, even from just the mutual addiction point of view. It is a very personal decision but I would say since you've already started the divorce and feel you have found someone who has your back, go for it. Your happiness is important, please don't feel guilty about this. Good luck to you!
Old 07-26-2018, 06:35 PM
Patiently Waiting on Big

I wouldn't have it any other way. Staying faithful to my boo is a no brainer. I don't even think about sex because he is the only man for me.
Old 08-07-2018, 11:55 AM
Donation Award 

Default Marriage is never EASY

Marriage is never easy. It's not going to be like a episode on TV or the movies. It's work, dedication and discovering yourself and each other in a trusting space that only you two can enter. I realize I may be facing a long possibly never ending separation with my husband. What I also know is that the bond we have cannot be touched by any outside forces, though God knows they try. If there's love, the kind of love that takes your breath away, then trust that as long as you both continue to nurture the "US" then you will have something some never get, some will die never knowing that special connection. Don't let a system that has been designed to work against you win. Right now if there is a silver lining to what is happening is this, now that areas of your lives have been taken away, what remains is the art of communication. Learning in a deeper way each others inner self as well as your own. I believe in you. I believe in LOVE. It is the greatest power, far superior to fear or hate. When all else fails, rest yourself there, in LOVE. Namaste
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beachgypsy For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (08-13-2018), Luv_jai (08-07-2018)
Old 08-17-2018, 10:41 AM

I have been faithful for the past 2 years and we have one more to go. For me, it's mostly a no brainer as I do love my man more than anything in the world. For me it gets hard when we have a disagreement and I want to act out and call a guy from my past who can "make me forget" about my situation. But if I did that, I would be lying to myself and I would hurt the most important person in my life. It's just not worth it. I have a great vibrator and that takes care of the physical. My man and I talk about our fantasies and all the things we want to try once he's out. Celibacy has created a deeper intimacy for us. Sounds strange, but I'm actually grateful for this time because it had made us unbreakable and I attribute that to our focus on staying faithful no matter what. Hang in there!!

Old 08-24-2018, 06:36 PM

I'll comment again....i love my husband and loving someone enough and wanting to be true to them is number 1 for my husband and I. I've been faithful our entire relationship and for the entire time he's been gone. 1119 days today....39 and a wake up left. I am not interested in any other man. Love is what keeps us going.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:45 PM
Strong Heart, Smart Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
Not every single man is unfaithful just saying. There are lots of good men out there.
There are many good and bad men and woman out in the world rather inside prison or not .. Cheating is no way of having a successful marriage or relationship unless it is something both you and your partner are okay with each other having another partner in their life for sex or more but that is between that person and their husband or boyfriend or whatever .. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with that they have an open and honest relationship and that is what works for them I respect that it is where they head and heart games are played yes you can ask many in society and they will be first to tell you that any man or woman that is in prison is only playing games and getting what they can out of you and once they are done with you they are out rather you met them inside or you already knew them before they were locked up .. I will be the first one to admit that I never say that something can not or can happen to myself I dont exclude myself or my marriage fron the good or the bad I just say that what him and I share I know what it is I know that it is of this moment and we are and share a solid marriage of respect love and we have been together for almost 11 years now and with that being said of course we still have our issues but that is nothing that any relationship or marriage goes not have I just know that from all the years him and i have shared he has never been a different man to me he has only been open and honest about all of his feelings or actions i have never caught him playing or doing things behind my back .. I am not saying it can not happen to me cause it can I just am saying that I have never had a reason to not trust in him or trust in our marriage so when it comes to sharing a life with a man or woman who the hell cares where they are at it it is all about what they two of you share what the two of you have built between you too and if you feel the need to defend yourself or your marriage dont it is not ever needing to be defended if you truely believe in yourself in your spouse and in your marriage it will define itself through your love ... Now if you are just newly into this lifestyyle and are having any questions or concerns of uneasiness or already wondering the bad things than my advice is run now get out of this lifestyle it sucks it is lonely it is hard and it is not for the weak minded or weak hearted .. So dont question your man if you have questions in yourself just know that you should be listening to your own inner self it is telling you to leave now and dont waste any amount of time in this life you are doing yourself a favor with a gift of moving on with your life if you are YOUNG dont start here with your life go out there and enjoy life try new things date have fun go to school dont stress the things that this life is about it is not worth giving up your life for at such a young age . You might hate me for saying this I just have seen too many young girl chewed up spit out and used and than are left with so much they did not even see coming so save yourself the heartache and go find your own success and mark in this world you deserve it .. If later in life you find your way back here than maybe there is a reason and then take the time to find that reason but not when you are so young and not really even lived your own life go please and dont look back you will thank me later and if you dont than so be it good luck

The most unimaginable feelings!
The most unbelievable love!
I have found within you!!!
Old 09-07-2018, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceansdrm View Post
There are many good and bad men and woman out in the world rather inside prison or not .. Cheating is no way of having a successful marriage or relationship unless it is something both you and your partner are okay with each other having another partner in their life for sex or more but that is between that person and their husband or boyfriend or whatever .. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with that they have an open and honest relationship and that is what works for them I respect that it is where they head and heart games are played yes you can ask many in society and they will be first to tell you that any man or woman that is in prison is only playing games and getting what they can out of you and once they are done with you they are out rather you met them inside or you already knew them before they were locked up .. I will be the first one to admit that I never say that something can not or can happen to myself I dont exclude myself or my marriage fron the good or the bad I just say that what him and I share I know what it is I know that it is of this moment and we are and share a solid marriage of respect love and we have been together for almost 11 years now and with that being said of course we still have our issues but that is nothing that any relationship or marriage goes not have I just know that from all the years him and i have shared he has never been a different man to me he has only been open and honest about all of his feelings or actions i have never caught him playing or doing things behind my back .. I am not saying it can not happen to me cause it can I just am saying that I have never had a reason to not trust in him or trust in our marriage so when it comes to sharing a life with a man or woman who the hell cares where they are at it it is all about what they two of you share what the two of you have built between you too and if you feel the need to defend yourself or your marriage dont it is not ever needing to be defended if you truely believe in yourself in your spouse and in your marriage it will define itself through your love ... Now if you are just newly into this lifestyyle and are having any questions or concerns of uneasiness or already wondering the bad things than my advice is run now get out of this lifestyle it sucks it is lonely it is hard and it is not for the weak minded or weak hearted .. So dont question your man if you have questions in yourself just know that you should be listening to your own inner self it is telling you to leave now and dont waste any amount of time in this life you are doing yourself a favor with a gift of moving on with your life if you are YOUNG dont start here with your life go out there and enjoy life try new things date have fun go to school dont stress the things that this life is about it is not worth giving up your life for at such a young age . You might hate me for saying this I just have seen too many young girl chewed up spit out and used and than are left with so much they did not even see coming so save yourself the heartache and go find your own success and mark in this world you deserve it .. If later in life you find your way back here than maybe there is a reason and then take the time to find that reason but not when you are so young and not really even lived your own life go please and dont look back you will thank me later and if you dont than so be it good luck
Um.....my husband and I have been together for almost 9 years. We met on the outside and got married and have a normal life. We hit this bump in the road called prison.
We have a strong amazing relationship....we barely argue and really never had before he went to prison. Our bond is to strong for any bullshit. We have both been faithful since day one...i never said it couldn't happen because I surely know it can...not from me though. We both agreed from day one that if cheated on we were gone end of story. It happens I hope for us it never does but for now we are loving our lives and can't wait to get back to our Normal everyday life.
Old 09-07-2018, 06:09 PM

Quote:
You have to be strong for him. Because you love him, you should not walk out on him and cheat. Get you some toys and entertain yourself. Trust me, you know how to please yourself better than any unknown guy and there's nothing wrong with that.