Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WASHINGTON > Washington Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Washington Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions Topics & discussions about specific Prison & Jails in the state of Washington.

Old 07-26-2014, 02:52 PM

Default Possible transfer from CRCC to SCCC or Monroe

So my bf has been in the hole u der investigation for a fight he was involved in. He isnt getting an infraction because he was attacked and they know that but they are pretty sure theyre moving him out. Good thing is he has min custody points and his family is in shelton and tacoma area. I am in spokane so sucks for me but at least i can drive out every other weekend to see him for sure. Can anyone tell me what the process is like for being transferred.will he be able to call me immediately..will i have to fill out a new visitation form if im already approved? Ill be about 300 miles away ive heard about special visits what are they?? How often could i apply for them?? Any info would be helpful. Also hes already been in the hold 3 weeks theyre pulling him into a final hearing this week w their final decision if they decide to move him which will most likely happened how long will it take for him to be transferred?? Are we looking at immediately or like 2 weeks or months from now??

Thanks
T
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2014, 04:21 PM
He's home!!!!

Have they definitely said they are moving him and have they given a location?

Usually the transfers take place when a bed becomes available. We haven't had a transfer to deal with, but my fiancé's neighbor was transfered and it took weeks.

His visit list, phone money, and spendable should follow him to the new prison.

The Following User Says Thank You to Franksdoll0905 For This Useful Post:
SeattleCutie79 (07-26-2014)
Old 07-26-2014, 10:27 PM

No he will find out for sure this week probably Thursday so ill know by Friday morning. But I am prepared for the worst case scenario and that would be it. Im moving back to Wa on Aug 14th was hoping to visit the weekend of the 23rd or right after so hopefully everything is settled by than.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:05 PM

My fiancée was in the hole for over a month waiting to be transferred, and he was not in the hole for fighting either. Transfers can take some time. Yes you have to be 300 miles away to get special visits but I am actually 316 miles away and when we applied for a special visit which is a visit not on the schedule day of his minimum or medium whatever he is we were denied still. We even appealed it and they denied so honestly I think its who the counselor is and what kind of mood they are in. Usually there is motel/hotel deals and such but you have to be married or prove your related. I heard there is gas cards but you might have to be related for those to who knows lol In order to visit him he needs to get out of the hole and get transferred or stay there.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:11 AM

Yea he goes bak to the committee thurs and theyll make their final answer...so well know soon
Old 07-29-2014, 05:43 PM

Good news!! K called me this morning yesterday they told him hes staying at crcc... Yay im so stoked. Well at least well both be in eastern wash foe two years till we get our aa degrees.that means i get to see him the weekend of the 23rd lik 3 weeks from now yay. I start moving next Saturday
The Following User Says Thank You to SeattleCutie79 For This Useful Post:
nevaeh2morrow (07-29-2014)
Old 07-11-2017, 06:11 PM

Sorry to hear about your situation I just went through a similar situation. My fiancé still has camp points but they moved him to medium security. He went from Olympic Correctional Center in forks to Shelton and then they just transferred him from Shelton to Coyote Ridge Correctional Center which is 4 hours away, no matter how many times I contacted Olympia and requested he be kept close to home for his dad to see him to as he is ill and not able to travel far they moved him. For your sakes I hope he doesn't go to CRCC this is the worst place I have visited out of the three prisons. Anyway, you do not need to do a new application if he is transported from one facility to another in Washington state, everything follows him EXCEPT for any property he has. I have been trying for over a two weeks to find out how much it costs to ship his property and cannot get in touch with anyone, so he has nothing until his chain boxes are shipped and of course CRCC said he cannot do anything that his family has to do it, and I am not getting no where so I hope you don't have as much trouble as I do.
The Following User Says Thank You to missmylovedone For This Useful Post:
SeattleCutie79 (07-18-2017)
Old 07-18-2017, 01:10 PM

Don't know if you noticed...but this message is 3 years old.

every moment together is a blessingand I have faith that he's coming home soon!
Old 07-18-2017, 10:20 PM

I haven't been on here in years but got an email notification that a very old post from 3 years ago had been moved lol. Oh so much changes in 3 years we have been married 3 years this November and are 4 months away from efv's We have been working on resentencing for about 2.5 years and actually just had an oral argument May 31st my husbands case is the precedent for Washington State. It's pretty amazing that it will be affecting so many people just waiting for the judges to make a decision on whether we are going to the Supreme Court or he is being resentenced through Div 1.. So hopefully i'll be able to say the 10.5 years he has left has been lowered to 1-3 years It's crazy I kinda feel like I should at least be a paralegal now lol........ Hope everyone is doing great!
The Following User Says Thank You to SeattleCutie79 For This Useful Post:
GingerM (07-19-2017)
Old 07-19-2017, 05:42 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 8,558 Times in 3,345 Posts

Thanks for the update! It's always good to hear how things turned out, and better when they turn out well!